Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Another 24 Hour Disneyland Event

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    Regardless if this particular rumor is correct - it's an interesting thing to think about. The concept of the 24 parties is really great and being in Disneyland for sunrise would be surreal, but the last one seems to have been horrific for a lot of guests AND CMs. The only way to really do it justice might be to hard ticket it.
    Having been to both OMDD and NYE it seems the problem with OMDD was being caught off guard and not having crowd control in place. We know that DL can handle capacity crowds, crazy though they may be, and getting people in the gates to buy stuff is certainly in their financial best interest (I bought practically nothing all year and really wanted a OMDD shirt but they were sold out when I got there). That, more than anything, might be an indication that the all-nighters are not off the table and that it's simply a matter of time until another one is scheduled.

Such negativity towards the 24 hour event. It had rave reviews with lots of publicity. I think the only bad reviews were from Annual pass holders or people who visit frequently to the parks. Of course it was going to be packed did you expect everyone to leave around normal closing hours? I'm 100% positive they will have another event like it, I honestly can't wait... well worth the price for 24hrs.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    Having been to both OMDD and NYE it seems the problem with OMDD was being caught off guard and not having crowd control in place. We know that DL can handle capacity crowds, crazy though they may be, and getting people in the gates to buy stuff is certainly in their financial best interest (I bought practically nothing all year and really wanted a OMDD shirt but they were sold out when I got there). That, more than anything, might be an indication that the all-nighters are not off the table and that it's simply a matter of time until another one is scheduled.
    That is a good point. From what I remember reading, they didn't have nearly enough CMs at OMDD, but if they did another event they wouldn't be caught off guard again. They'd probably make sure to schedule as many CMs as they possibly could and stock up on supplies.

And oh, those OMDD t-shirts! I've seen people wearing them outside of DLR and they're so neat. I would have wanted one too.

• Blew By You

Speaking of rumors, wasn't there some talk about staying open most of the Thanksgiving weekend? That would be insane. But at least, the premium annual passport would be worth its price.

• Hot FIRE!

OMDD was the worst day I ever worked in the park ever...the fact that Space Mountain (where I was for the night) didn't break down is nothing short of a miracle. I REALLY don't want to see another one of these events and if it does happen, I refuse to work the event. I cringe at the sight of the shirts. I knew I was in for a night of insanity when I closed the night before and already saw a line of cars piling into the parking structure that night before the event.

IF disney does it again...they better darn well have a rock solid gameplan for everything. A 2nd event should have no excuse for failure.

...As I see it

• The doctor is in

I think one thing that might help is a presale for the tickets online or through the phone only. Once they are gone then that's it. Not making them available at the ticket counter would, hopefully, eliminate the traffic caused by people who drove down just to see if there were any tickets left.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

Not having it on a workday might spread the arrivals out much more through the afternoon and evening instead of bunching it all up into the after-work hours. That may be why NYE and other capacity days don't turn into the OMDD "carmageddon." (I got to OMDD in the evening but was in DL on NYE by 2 PM.)

• Disneyland 19 year APH

I think that TDA will be smarter about it next time. Remember Disneyland had a 25-hour event to celebrate the 25 anniversary (something along those lines) I don't remember any press wows about that. Feb 29, I was there at opening and returned latter that evening I think will have a plan in place and will have both parks open and have Harbor Closed and DtD open. Why don't Disney do a 42 hour event?
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by MAH4546 View Post
    I'd check it out. The 25th is a Saturday and 3-level blockout for passes, so could be more manageable.
    This makes me think that this might not happen. How would they get the blocked out passes to leave? Or would they? It makes more sense for them to do it on a non-blockout day.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Trust me...there won't be another 24 hour day.

• Sock Puppet

I attended OMDD and after that experience I would not want to attend another similar event. Disneyland seemed to encourage a nightclub/adult's only atmosphere. I saw empty liquor bottles littered throughout the park. The loud dance music being played by DJs in various locations was intolerable. I had hoped to be able to enjoy the usual atmosphere of Disneyland at an unusual time of the day, but as the hours went by the mood in the park changed considerably and not for the better. I left several hours before closing.

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Hughes View Post
    Trust me...there won't be another 24 hour day.
    THIS post is going to be hysterical once the next 24 hour event gets announced.

I'm sure Al already has the information about it. I predict he releases the date in his next article.

Global

• New Member Goes Forth

It would be really cool, but maybe in the next few years
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• The High 5 & Waving Goth

The best solution, should TDA consider another event in the manner of OMDD, is to do what they did last summer for Passholder Early Entry:

REGISTRATION!

A registration system with a CAP! I believe OMDD was a disaster mainly because it was "COME ONE COME ALL!" and...well, one comes and a million follow. With a system in place with a proper CAP in effect, they can pull this off BUT it will hopefully (I say that with a grain of salt) be better...but we'll probably see hundreds of people whine that they couldn't get in.

It reminds me of how pre-sales work on Ticketmaster and LiveNation; set a cap, open presales at a certain with or without a password, and viola! It won't be easy but it is definitely better...

This is just my approach...I don't expect everyone to say "Jolly good show..." - you are always entitled to your opinion...no matter what people say.

I wouldn't go to another OMDD event again for the simple reason that the outrageous number of people and capacity-level crowds made it impossible to enjoy Disneyland. 2+ hour waits for rides, too crowded to walk, too crowded in the stores to shop. All you could do was step into the crowd and let it sweep you along and hope you could exit again when you got to where you wanted to be.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast