Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Dave Smith presentation for APs: "Disneyland: The Way We Were"

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post
    Won't there be exclusive merchandise peddled at the end of the show? All I know is Disney doesn't do this just to be kind.

Ok....so? Those who are interested in purchasing the merchandise can do so. Those who just want to attend the presentation and not buy anything can do so also. Disney is a business, why do some folks seem to have such a problem with that?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mortgageman View Post
    Ok....so? Those who are interested in purchasing the merchandise can do so. Those who just want to attend the presentation and not buy anything can do so also. Disney is a business, why do some folks seem to have such a problem with that?
    Exactly.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    So what? I'm guessing you're not an AP?
    I've had an annual pass for 7 years. I won't be renewing it this year.

If you aren't, why are you complaining? Heck, if you are an AP, why are you complaining?
    You seemed confused about Doppio's point so I was trying to help explain it to you.
    Why does it bother you so much that people have opinions that differ from yours? There is no post more pointless on this board than those where someone is complaining about others "complaining".

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaVonDrake View Post
    I've had an annual pass for 7 years. I won't be renewing it this year.

You seemed confused about Doppio's point so I was trying to help explain it to you.
    Why does it bother you so much that people have opinions that differ from yours? There is no post more pointless on this board than those where someone is complaining about others "complaining".
    Actually I wasn't confused at all.

It's funny because, to me, it bothers you when people don't agree with you. I hope you'll be able to find a better use of your money and be genuinely happy. Take care.

• Parking Lot > DCA

This.

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray
    It's funny because, to me, it bothers you when people don't agree with you.
    To be fair, doppio disagreed with you and it seemed to bother you as well..

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortgageman View Post
    I have no problem with Disney making money, it's the way they choose to do so. They have these events celebrating the parks historic past and then in a week they bulldoze it. What's next? Chunks of the destroyed Mary Blair Tomorrowland murals peddled after some exclusive AP event? It's off putting.

Purported cash grabs or greediness aside, this looks like it is going to be a great event. Dave is an incredibly engaging speaker and has a ferocious appreciation for Disney's history that I can't help but want to attend.

The mot frustrating part is the timing. No registration available in advance, so those of us that work 9-to-5 will be left wishing and hoping to get into the second presentation.

That said, I expected the DCA extended hours for APs to fill up before I attended the first time and that wasn't the case. Maybe I'll be able to get in after all!
    I worked at Walt Disney World as a member of the Disney College Program in Spring 2008 and Summer 2010. Now, I build software, design live events, and frequently make the short trek from Costa Mesa to Disneyland with my Annual Passport in hand.

Getting back to the main topic here...
    What kinds of things do you think he might talk about? (I'm in high school) I've cleared it with my teachers to miss friday for this but is it really worth getting up early to be there for tickets then wait around for hours in the crowds until the presentation?

Quote Originally Posted by JackMiller341 View Post
    What kinds of things do you think he might talk about? (I'm in high school) I've cleared it with my teachers to miss friday for this but is it really worth getting up early to be there for tickets then wait around for hours in the crowds until the presentation?
    Scratch that - I cancelled it. Too much work

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JackMiller341 View Post
    I'm planning on going for the wristband, then hang out in Downtown Disney before it starts. Maybe see a movie.

• Banned User

I'm planning on going for the wristband, then hang out in Downtown Disney before it starts. Maybe see a movie.
    So you love Disneyland so much that you're going to a presentation about Disneyland's History, but you're going to spend the time waiting in Downtown Disney watching a movie when you could be spending your time inside Disneyland Park. Sure. That makes sense.

• Minion

So you love Disneyland so much that you're going to a presentation about Disneyland's History, but you're going to spend the time waiting in Downtown Disney watching a movie when you could be spending your time inside Disneyland Park. Sure. That makes sense.
    Good gosh, Olivia. I'd like to see a movie. I'm attending this on my own. I don't want to get on the rides by myself. Is that so bad? It doesn't mean I don't love the park. I want to see a movie. Who cares? Why are you worried about me and what I do? Worry about you and your business and what you do during your spare time. Sheesh.

• Banned User

Good gosh, Olivia. I'd like to see a movie. I'm attending this on my own. I don't want to get on the rides by myself. Is that so bad? It doesn't mean I don't love the park. I want to see a movie. Who cares? Why are you worried about me and what I do? Worry about you and your business and what you do during your spare time. Sheesh.
    Well, Jasmine, I just find it a little strange to choose seeing a movie at an average AMC theater over a day at Disneyland. I suppose this is just my personal opinion. Attractions at Disneyland can be really enjoyable when alone. You notice things that you never would while with other people.

• Minion

Well, Jasmine, I just find it a little strange to choose seeing a movie at an average AMC theater over a day at Disneyland. I suppose this is just my personal opinion. Attractions at Disneyland can be really enjoyable when alone. You notice things that you never would while with other people.
    Well Olivia, I don't enjoy doing certain things alone. I enjoy going to the movies alone, but as far as getting on rides, I don't really enjoy that. I like doing that with other people. I've got two AMC tickets I've been holding onto for probably a year. I'm going to use one to see a film. I'd go to Disneyland with someone before the movies in a heartbeat. But not when I'm alone.

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Maybe Disney won't make any money off this event.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast