Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 61
  1. #31

    • Beach Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after
    Posts
    10,594

    Re: Dave Smith presentation for APs: "Disneyland: The Way We Were"

    Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    This is free, so you have no point.
    I don't have an AP anymore. This is event is anything but free.

  2. #32

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,379

    Re: Dave Smith presentation for APs: "Disneyland: The Way We Were"

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I don't have an AP anymore. This is event is anything but free.
    It's free for me and other APs. I don't have to pay a dime.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

  3. #33

    • Beach Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after
    Posts
    10,594

    Re: Dave Smith presentation for APs: "Disneyland: The Way We Were"

    Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    I'm planning on going for the wristband, then hang out in Downtown Disney before it starts. Maybe see a movie.
    As long as it's Oz you should be ok.

  4. #34

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,379

    Re: Dave Smith presentation for APs: "Disneyland: The Way We Were"

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    As long as it's Oz you should be ok.
    Yes, that's what I was planning on seeing. Have you seen it?
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

  5. #35

    • Beach Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after
    Posts
    10,594

    Re: Dave Smith presentation for APs: "Disneyland: The Way We Were"

    Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    Yes, that's what I was planning on seeing. Have you seen it?
    No I have not. Interestingly the only ones I know who want to go live too far away from me. Maybe I'll go see it solo. Nothing wrong with that.

  6. #36

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    83

    Re: Dave Smith presentation for APs: "Disneyland: The Way We Were"

    If there's one thing I've learned about people who post comments on Micechat, there will be those who complain about anything and everything. Seems like a hobby or pastime with those people. Disneyland could be handing out free gold watches to APs and they would still complain.

  7. #37

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    279

    Re: Dave Smith presentation for APs: "Disneyland: The Way We Were"

    Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    It's free for me and other APs. I don't have to pay a dime.
    So you don't pay for your annual pass? The event isn't free, it's free with the purchase of an annual pass.

    Quote Originally Posted by Susan Hughes View Post
    If there's one thing I've learned about people who post comments on Micechat, there will be those who complain about anything and everything. Seems like a hobby or pastime with those people. Disneyland could be handing out free gold watches to APs and they would still complain.
    That's funny, isn't it? I've even seen people here posting just to complain about other people complaining! Can you imagine?
    Last edited by OliviaVonDrake; 03-21-2013 at 07:44 AM.

  8. #38

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,379

    Re: Dave Smith presentation for APs: "Disneyland: The Way We Were"

    Quote Originally Posted by OliviaVonDrake View Post
    So you don't pay for your annual pass? The even isn't free, it's free with the purchase of an annual pass.



    That's funny, isn't it? I've even seen people here posting just to complain about other people complaining! Can you imagine?
    Nope, I didn't pay for my AP. Not that it matters, the EVENT is free. I think I've had enough. To put it bluntly, I've been annoyed for the past few days. I honestly hope you enjoy your time off from the parks. I hope your old feelings for Disneyland return soon. This will be my last reply to you in this thread. Once again, take care and have a good day.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

  9. #39

    • Beach Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after
    Posts
    10,594

    Re: Dave Smith presentation for APs: "Disneyland: The Way We Were"

    Quote Originally Posted by Susan Hughes View Post
    If there's one thing I've learned about people who post comments on Micechat, there will be those who complain about anything and everything. Seems like a hobby or pastime with those people. Disneyland could be handing out free gold watches to APs and they would still complain.
    Nobody complains about anything and everything on here although it might seem that way sometimes. There are those that defend Disney no matter what they do and those that criticize things may appear to them to be complaining abut anything and everything. But to be honest I don't think there are those on here who all they do is complain about everything. For example if you read the PFF threads you might think I complain about anything and everything, but I am passionate about this because I lost one of my favorite areas of the park. On the other hand I see nothing wrong with Starbucks going in on Main Street. So personally I have things I like and other things I don't. I would say 99% of the Micechatters fall into that category. The other 1% are just trolls, posting only to stir up controversy.

  10. #40

    • Parking Lot > DCA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    4,106

    Re: Dave Smith presentation for APs: "Disneyland: The Way We Were"

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Nobody complains about anything and everything on here although it might seem that way sometimes. There are those that defend Disney no matter what they do and those that criticize things may appear to them to be complaining abut anything and everything. But to be honest I don't think there are those on here who all they do is complain about everything. For example if you read the PFF threads you might think I complain about anything and everything, but I am passionate about this because I lost one of my favorite areas of the park. On the other hand I see nothing wrong with Starbucks going in on Main Street. So personally I have things I like and other things I don't. I would say 99% of the Micechatters fall into that category. The other 1% are just trolls, posting only to stir up controversy.
    This. Nice post.

  11. #41

    • Original Mice-Chatter
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,255

    Re: Dave Smith presentation for APs: "Disneyland: The Way We Were"

    Just.Wow.

  12. #42

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,379

    Re: Dave Smith presentation for APs: "Disneyland: The Way We Were"

    Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys View Post
    Just.Wow.

    I was hoping this thread would be a little fun and we could talk about the photos that may pop up during the presentation. That didn't happen, sadly.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

  13. #43

    • Rock Star Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,271

    Re: Dave Smith presentation for APs: "Disneyland: The Way We Were"

    Here is an excerpt I found (cannot divulge the source) of the concluding statements:
    "And that, my friends, is the the way we were. Then, the AP Program was introduced and messed up everything. I hope you enjoy your stale park with nothing major and new, unless it was something that was broken due to round-the-calendar overuse. Thank you, AP Program, for the way we are."
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

  14. #44

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    316

    Re: Dave Smith presentation for APs: "Disneyland: The Way We Were"

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Nobody complains about anything and everything on here although it might seem that way sometimes. There are those that defend Disney no matter what they do and those that criticize things may appear to them to be complaining abut anything and everything. But to be honest I don't think there are those on here who all they do is complain about everything. For example if you read the PFF threads you might think I complain about anything and everything, but I am passionate about this because I lost one of my favorite areas of the park. On the other hand I see nothing wrong with Starbucks going in on Main Street. So personally I have things I like and other things I don't. I would say 99% of the Micechatters fall into that category. The other 1% are just trolls, posting only to stir up controversy.

    Good post. Disney will never be able to please everyone in every regard. Every attraction, program or policy will find some that love it, others that feel it is the beginning of the apocalypse and many that don't care one way or another.

    I do think that maybe the Disney bashing is getting just a little out of hand though when someone can't make a simple post about an event for AP holders without it triggering a sh**storm of Disney corporate greed responses. Just my 2 cents.

  15. #45

    • 2 shots on the rocks.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ZZYZX Road
    Posts
    816

    Re: Dave Smith presentation for APs: "Disneyland: The Way We Were"

    It's sad really. A presentation showing how things used to be? What? How Disneyland used to be a world class operation? How hiring only the best and brightest insured that every guest received supreme service? How Disneyland used to sell great one of kind merchandise that had nothing to do with princesses and pirates?


Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Fun] what happened in Disneyland the year u were born
    By startours1 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 11-04-2009, 01:56 PM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-24-2007, 01:57 PM
  3. For those attending Disneyland on the 17th............
    By DL_CRAZE in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 08:42 PM
  4. StanChart ATMs for HK Disneyland - The Star - 7/5/05
    By 100th Dalmation in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-06-2005, 10:04 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •