Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Your favorite Disneyland parade past or present?

I liked the Main Street Electrical parade, Party Gras, and lion King parades.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Parade of Dreams- I can't hear Walt and the Brother Bear theme song without getting weepy and emotional.

Definitely the Main Street Electrical Parade! I loved that parade, so much sentimental value for me. When I was a kid my mom had a record of all the Disneyland songs and my mom would always put it on the electrical parade song because that was my favorite. I would be so happy if they brought it back to either of the parks one day!

Another vote for the Main Street Electrical Parade. It made evenings magical. I have a copy of the 1986 VHS "Farewell" which I highly recommend to all who miss it.
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

• The High 5 & Waving Goth

MSEP takes the cake for me...it was the tradition when we went back in the day. Don't remember all of it but I do remember quite a bit. It was the last thing we did before we left for the night. My parents were prepared to do what it took to make sure our spots were comfortable and satisfactory.

I do have to tip my hat to Soundsational though. Pretty up-beat and catchy. Although dealing with the post-parade crowds is disastrous unless you know how to avoid the stampede of humans...

• -

Other than the obvious Main Street Electrical Parade (emphasis added for obvious reasons), I really loved the World According to Goofy and 45 Years of Magic parades. I would give the one about the Lion King the next notch on my list after these.

Personally, I think Soundsational is overrated and I don't really see the fascination with it.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

The best...Parade of Dreams. The worst...Celebrate, A Street Party. Even performers in that joke of a parade admitted they didn't like it at all.

• New Member Goes Forth

The Main Street Electricla Parade is my favourite, but Spectromagic is great as well. That needs to come out of store when MSEP returns to Disneyland
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• will-o-the-whip

Parade of Dreams was amazing and truly magical. The music and voice of Walt, plus the incredible floats and performances put it a cut above anything that has come before or after. Electrical Parade is also wonderful and hits the nostalgia button hard.
    Soundsational is a big disappointment. The floats are cheap and quotidian with the same metal drums. The musical choices also don't resonate.
    I'm hoping Disney brings back a worthy successor to PoD for the 60th anniversary in a couple years.

• Disney friends are #1

I do like Soundsational BUT it does need a refurb. The elements on the final float in particular always seem to be broken. The penguin no longer dances around on the piano keys, nor do the keys move as his feet touch down. The float looks faded and the black of the penguins is now purple. A paint job is definitely in order as is a trip to the maintenance garage.
    One Special Friend is All it Takes to Get You Through a Bad Day. And One Good One is Better Than a Dozen Casual Ones

I've loved ALL the 80's parades. Christmas parades are magical, but The Main Street Electrical Parade in its original form with original music ALWAYS gives me the chills! The anticipation of the crowd, the dimming of the lights, the opening fanfare and announcement, the thousands of twinkling lights... best parade ever!
    A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. ~ Groucho Marx

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Anyone have pictures of Party Gras?

And wasn't there one themed to the STATE FAIR?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by indianajack View Post
    Parade of Dreams was amazing and truly magical. The music and voice of Walt, plus the incredible floats and performances put it a cut above anything that has come before or after. Electrical Parade is also wonderful and hits the nostalgia button hard.
    +1

But I'd say Parade of Dreams "hit the nostalgia button hard".

1) MSEP.

2) Soundsational

3) Lion King

I never saw Parade of Dreams or Party Gras, and I agree with Susan -- Celebrate was awful!

Edit: So I went to YouTube to find Parade of Dreams, and I realized I did see it. Once, when I first got my pass. It set the standard for what to expect from a post-MSEP Disney parade. I just didn't know the name, and may not have realized there was a name lol
    Last edited by The First Star; 03-22-2013 at 12:27 PM.

Electrical light parade is still the best!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast