Thread: March Trip

March Trip

Im back again! For our March visit, we took another family for their first visit in a very long time. The adults had never seen DCA and the kids had no memory of Disneyland. This turned out to be pretty magical in itself. I spent entire rides just watching them, "Oooh" and "Aaah," and that was great for me. I never had, "Take newbies" on my Disney To-Do list, but it's there now. We stayed at the Fairfield Inn and I have nothing but good things to say about that. We got a great deal through lmt.com, everything was neat, pretty, and clean, it was a short walk across the street to the park, and they had a reasonably priced deli & Pizza Hut on the 3rd floor.

We arrived late on Sunday, and since I rarely do weekends we wanted to see and do the things you can only do on weekends right now, like the Mad T Party and Fantasmic. I have to admit that as a crowd-o-phobe, it wasnt so bad. I think I'll be a little more adventurous from now on. I started our friends out on Soarin', and that was just the most perfect first ride ever. I finally found a couple Hidden Mickeys in the film too!

Im sorry if it upsets anyone, but I am just not a fan of the Mad T Party. I understand that this is technically DCA, not Disneyland. And I understand that they are trying to appeal to a demographic that I left a long time ago. But still, I just dont feel that this is the right type of entertainment for Disney. Im a child of the 80s, and while I appreciate a little hair band now and then, I dont understand what Bon Jovi covers have to do with Disney or the Mad Hatter. And I think a line was definitely crossed when they began sampling Salt n Peppas, Push It. Im not as offended as I am disappointed. I expect more from Disney. But Im happy I got to experience it for myself.

After escaping to the Oz Preview, we made our way over for Fantasmic. We found excellent seating at the Riverbelle Terrace, and everyone enjoyed their first meal of the vacation. I had funnel cake Since the Mark Twain is out, we got to see the alternate ending with the characters waving their flags from Tom Sawyer Island. That was pretty neat. It was the perfect ending to match our perfect beginning.

The spring flowers are beginning to bloom! There is color everywhere, and smells that no smellitizer could ever duplicate. Spring has quickly become my second favorite season in Disneyland. Mr. Toads car was missing. Maybe itís getting a *toon* up. We came very close to attending the media event for the Fantasy Faire opening. We didnt know that they were only letting a few people in, so we passed up our shot to enter and rode Star Tours with no line instead. But we did get to see it opening day. Im embarrassed to say that we didnt spend a lot of time or memory card there. The lighting wasnt agreeable with my cheapy camera, and the rest of my group had zero interest. I took my five minute tour while they stood at the entrance encouraging me to, "Hurry up," and we were out of there. I'll spend more time there on our next visit.

We stuck pretty close to my usual itenerary, so many lands in each park each day. We took tons of pictures. Family portraits in our home come from E rides. Like most of you, I love to capture the little park details, Hidden Mickeys, the foods, etc. And I have a couple questions I was hoping someone here could help me with. First, why are there so many zodiac references? I counted like five or six throughout Disneyland alone. What is that about? And second, is there a story behind the exit sign Ursula from the Sorcerers Workshop? She seems a bit different than the uniform one that you usually see, especially in the park. Name:  923.JPG
Views: 406
Size:  82.0 KB

Remember...Dreams Come True is AWESOME!! I havent seen a non-holiday fireworks show in a very long time. This one was incredible. Is there nothing that Disney doesnt do a million times better than anyone else? We never could get our entire group together enough to reserve a nice spot by the castle or SW, but we still caught a great show from the Matterhorn, Tomorrowland, and Frontierland. Next trip we will be better organized, because Im dying to see what we missed!

I try to eat something new every visit, and this time I tried the fried green tomato sandwich at the Hungry Bear Restaurant. YUM!! An instant new favorite, Critter Country is back on the menu map for me.

So in the end, I hope we were able to show our friends a good time. I hope we gave them all the tools they will need to create their own magical family vacations and enjoy their time with the mouse. At one point during this trip, we lost some of our party and ended up waiting for over two hours in the Animation Building for them. We had always talked about hanging out in there, but with so much else to do, we never got around to it. This way we had no choice. The kids who were with us just happen to be aspiring artist/animators, so being stuck here was a dream come true for them. So we sat there, watching the big screens and the little children. We took our time exploring each attraction in the building, and took about a thousand pictures. And that is why the Animation Building was my favorite attraction for this trip. We came home and started planning the next trip. When we bought these season passes, my husband was afraid that we would get burned out. But I swear my excitement only builds with each trip. My next goal is to ride the Lilly Belle in April.

Name:  030.JPG
Views: 398
Size:  143.8 KB
    Name:  847.JPG
Views: 400
Size:  152.2 KB
    Name:  flowers (3).JPG
Views: 396
Size:  237.8 KB
    Name:  zoe (2).JPG
Views: 387
Size:  166.0 KB
    Name:  Sign.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  182.2 KB

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: March Trip

Absolutely beautiful pictures, and great commentary. Thanks for sharing it all with us.

great report. thanks!

• New Member Goes Forth

Great report, thanks for sharing
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• rebmeM roinuJ

How dare you not like Mad T Party!.........just kidding.

Im sorry! Hows this .. love the concept, just dont dig the vibe.

Thanks guys. I just booked the Castle Inn for April

• rebmeM roinuJ

I dont care for it either, i'm just being a pest. lol.