Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New songs at Mad T Party

heard them tonight. new song through out the night. was impressed with the way they were performed. also noticed the lighting was waaaay better

• ShovelyBubblyGobblyGook

Re: New songs at Mad T Party

Yeah I meant to make a post about it last night cos I saw the list of songs but I was too lazy and figured no one would care lol

So here are the new sets, yet again (new songs in bold):

Set 1

• Any Way You Want It - Journey
    • Rock This Town - Stray Cats
    • T Time/Rock and Roll All Nite - Kiss
    • Thatís What You Get - Paramore
    • I Saw Her Standing There - The Beatles
    • Domino - Jessie J
    • Donít Stop Believiní - Journey

Set 2

• All the Small Things - blink-182
    • Runaway Baby - Bruno Mars
    • T Time/We Will Rock You - Queen
    • Call Me - Blondie
    • Are You Gonna Be My Girl - Jet
    • Stayiní Alive - Bee Gees
    • Pour Some Sugar On Me - Def Leppard

Set 3

• Get Down Tonight - KC and the Sunshine Band
    • Lovestoned/My Love - Justin Timberlake
    • T -Time/Shout - Isley Brothers
    • Only Girl (In the World) - Rihanna
    • PYT (Pretty Young Thing) - Michael Jackson
    • Everybody Talks - Neon Trees
    • Sweet Child Oí Mine - Guns Ní Roses

Set 4

• Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic - The Police
    • DJ Got Us Falliní In Love - Usher
    • T Time/Hey Ya! - OutKast
    • Girl On Fire - Alicia Keys
    • Somebody Told Me - The Killers
    • Rolling In the Deep - Adele
    • Letís Go Crazy - Prince

​-----------

And they've also got new projections of the band members for the screens as well apparently.

I'm honestly not too happy with what they've taken out to have some of these added. Four out of eight for me. And don't get me wrong I love G'n'R, and that's a helluva song, but to switch Livin' On a Prayer out for that? IDK. And let's just not get into the discussion over my massive hatred of all things Paramore. Just-UGH All in all, I'm a bit underwhelmed by the new songs. Half are great, the other half...some I've never even heard tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomBats View Post

I'm honestly not too happy with what they've taken out to have some of these added. Four out of eight for me. And don't get me wrong I love G'n'R, and that's a helluva song, but to switch Livin' On a Prayer out for that? IDK. And let's just not get into the discussion over my massive hatred of all things Paramore. Just-UGH All in all, I'm a bit underwhelmed by the new songs. Half are great, the other half...some I've never even heard tbh.

It's understandable that you may dislike some of the new songs. But as a musician myself, I can tell you the band members are probably more than ecstatic to
    perform some new material. Sometimes performing some sets over and over again will cause the material to be performed with less and less energy and enthusiasm as time goes on. So it makes sense for them to switch it up a bit for the sake of keeping the performances fresh, energetic and inspired.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

That's the hardest thing is for bands to play songs over and over with enthusiasm. Bands play their biggest hits at every gig so much they often times wind up hating to have to play them at every venue. Almost always the song that hits it big with a band is the one the band likes the least. For example I heard that Kurt Cobain absolutely hated Smells Like Teen Spirit but was forced to have to play it at every show due to its immense popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandDragon View Post
    It's understandable that you may dislike some of the new songs. But as a musician myself, I can tell you the band members are probably more than ecstatic to
    perform some new material. Sometimes performing some sets over and over again will cause the material to be performed with less and less energy and enthusiasm as time goes on. So it makes sense for them to switch it up a bit for the sake of keeping the performances fresh, energetic and inspired.
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    That's the hardest thing is for bands to play songs over and over with enthusiasm. Bands play their biggest hits at every gig so much they often times wind up hating to have to play them at every venue. Almost always the song that hits it big with a band is the one the band likes the least. For example I heard that Kurt Cobain absolutely hated Smells Like Teen Spirit but was forced to have to play it at every show due to its immense popularity.
    Oh no guys TRUST ME I completely 300% understand that. I've got plenty of friends in bands and ADORE enough bands to know that. I've heard it a million times before so I'm no stranger to that. As a fan of the MTP band I'm happy for the performers that they get new material to work with! I was just saying that I personally wasn't digging some of the new stuff. That's it. I'm sure they're plenty excited to do away with a few of those songs since they've been on the bill since last summer.

• Banned User

This band doesn't work for me no matter what they sing. They just come across like posers to me. The whole event is uneven. The DJ plays dance that pleases one crowd and then the whole thing comes to a stop, so the bad can come out and play covers. I think they should all be one style so as not to kill the momentum. I preferred Tron and especially Glow Fest to this, because it lacked the bands I actively avoided in Tomorrowland.

Fountain Valley, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    This band doesn't work for me no matter what they sing. They just come across like posers to me. The whole event is uneven. The DJ plays dance that pleases one crowd and then the whole thing comes to a stop, so the bad can come out and play covers. I think they should all be one style so as not to kill the momentum. I preferred Tron and especially Glow Fest to this, because it lacked the bands I actively avoided in Tomorrowland.
    Agreed

then need to start doing better songs

they also need to quit doing 90% oldies
    only 5 of those songs out of the set list i would enjoy hearing
    (Dont Stop Believin, Runaway Baby, Only Girl, PYT, Rolling In The Deep)

what they should do is have like 9 classic songs (60s - 00s) 12 current hit songs, and 3 Disney revamped/remixed songs
    or just do dance/pop/club cover versions

• Sock Puppet

i think there is the right amount of each generation of songs that they sing! I am kinda glad they updated a few of the songs! but i love Mad T-Party..

here was the last photo i took of them, this was from september

• Sock Puppet

here is a one, steller photo of Alice

• The doctor is in

Is Mad T Party even worth it?

I'll have the chance to see it in May, but I can't really decide on whether I want to allot the time.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

If you are somewhat curious I'd suggest stopping by for an hour. Top of the hour to the end to get the whole "show" for the most part. If you really don't care for live music, dj's and dancers, then you'd probably not enjoy it as much. It's hard; it really depends on the person.

I'm normally found out at concerts so the live band is what drew me in. I'm not one for the consumption of alcohol and for the most part really don't care for club type of music. It all depends on you.

• Sock Puppet

yeah it's worth it, i was skeptical in the beginning,but one hour or two all it took to get me hooked, the band is great and i love the WHITE RABBIT DJ!! and the dancers are great ( house of cards)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    Is Mad T Party even worth it?

I'll have the chance to see it in May, but I can't really decide on whether I want to allot the time.
    Depends on the kind of scene you're into and how much time you have. If you've got some time to kill, why not stop by? Even if you find you don't particularly like it, you can leave at any time because it's an open space.

• The doctor is in

I enjoyed elecTRONica a lot, but I have never been a big Alice in Wonderland buff. I do, however, enjoy rock music and concerts. Maybe I'll give it a shot.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast