Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Under that tree again!

Re: Any plans to retheme Paradise Pier Hotel?

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion0fLife View Post
    That being said, I'm curious, how many people think this would be an issue? Are value resorts needed at DLR in the same way they're needed at WDW or are they superfluous given the abundance of close "good neighbor" hotels?
    I think a value but more morderate prices hotel would be nice. Something to attract guests to stay on property and more enjoyable visits. Bascially a way to capture business from the other hotels and increase the likelihood of return visits.

It may make a lot more sense to just build delux hotels to make more per room.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• New Member Goes Forth

In my opinion, it looks fine, but in a few years, they will need to give it a Victorian interior
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• What imagination needs...

From what I have read, the hotels at the DLR are in NO WAY Disney's bread and butter. The Good Neighbor Hotels, apparently, are where the majority of their clientele come from (not because of the statistics but because of the demand). If that is correct, the hotels, especially PPH, are a very low priority on the makeover list.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Design View Post
    From what I have read, the hotels at the DLR are in NO WAY Disney's bread and butter. The Good Neighbor Hotels, apparently, are where the majority of their clientele come from (not because of the statistics but because of the demand). If that is correct, the hotels, especially PPH, are a very low priority on the makeover list.
    Are you comparing Disney's hotel revenue in Florida to it's hotel revenue in California?

Or what are you trying to say here?

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Are you comparing Disney's hotel revenue in Florida to it's hotel revenue in California?

Or what are you trying to say here?
    It makes sense that Disney has tougher hotel competition in Anaheim because of the number of non-Disney hotels within walking distance of the parks that have rooms at the fraction of the price. The only real perk that comes with staying at a Disney hotel is early admission. If that's not important to you and you don't mind walking a few blocks to get to the parks, then most people are going to go for an off property hotel to save money.

If Disney wants to seriously compete, it needs to offer perks that guests can't say no to, something that makes the Disney hotels worth the cost of staying in. I'm hesitant to suggest possibly, unlimited anytime Fastpasses? or something to that extent?
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

I would appreciate a less-ugly paint scheme, but if it has to stay the way it is now then that's okay too. At least it matches the dining area in PP. In a perfect world the hotel would be leveled and something like the Grand Floridian would be built in its place, but, c'est la vie.

Also, this is my first post! Hi everyone.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Crash View Post
    I would appreciate a less-ugly paint scheme, but if it has to stay the way it is now then that's okay too. At least it matches the dining area in PP. In a perfect world the hotel would be leveled and something like the Grand Floridian would be built in its place, but, c'est la vie.

Also, this is my first post! Hi everyone.
    Welcome to MiceChat ! ! !

Oh and what about keeping the buildings but putting Disney facades on them? That's what Disney does best going back to constructing live action movie sets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12