Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any plans to retheme Paradise Pier Hotel?

With the DCA renovation done and over with, will Disney ever consider renovating Paradise Pier Hotel to match with the 1920's aesthetic they set up?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Any plans to retheme Paradise Pier Hotel?

That would be really great if they did, and made some sort of village attached like the Disneyland Hotel always has.

• Banned User

Color wise, it already matches the rest the PP. I think that's probably the best we'll get for now. If I remember right, it just got a renovation not too long ago. And that hotel is a low priority for the resort.

• Banned User

Is there a priority for the resort? The only priority I see is to spend as little money as possible in the foreseeable future.

All of the other major theme park resorts in North America have huge projects going on, in the works and on the horizon.
    i know Carsland and BVS were just completed 1 year ago, but WDW is finishing a HUGE Fantasyland expansion, a 1,500 room resort, and they just announced a massive retheming and expansion to a DTD that was already vastly superior to DLR, meanwhile planning is underway for a huge expansion to either Animal kingdom, WDS or both.
    What universal orlando completed and wjhat they are currently working on is just staggering.
    Universal Hollywood opened Transformers, are working on a realy terrific attraction in Despicable me and have begun preliminary work on a huge expansion with Harry Potter, Hotels and other theme park expansion .It seems like Disney is content to let the little step-child on the west coast just sit for at least the next 5 years while all of the excitement in the theme park world is centered anywhere but there.

• The doctor is in

Paradise Pier matches Paradise Pier in DCA. Not to mention the park view rooms have a view of PP, not Buena Vista Street and/or Cars Land. It would be kind of pointless to re-theme it, imo.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    Color wise, it already matches the rest the PP. I think that's probably the best we'll get for now. If I remember right, it just got a renovation not too long ago. And that hotel is a low priority for the resort.
    It's ok as it is.

IMO, when Disney wants a new hotel, they should build one, then close the PPH. Tear it down since the bed capacity was replaced. Build something victorian looking rather than concrete block shaped towers. It could also be repositioned since Disney owns all the land around it.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Yeah, it really needs to come down. It's way to modern looking and the infrastructure within is dated and needs to be replaced. Much easier to bulldoze and rebuild.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Considering the DISNEYLAND HOTEL was older, more cementlike and perhaps less sturdy in the event of an earthquake than PP Hotel, but wasn't bulldozed but rather remodeled, I think that says something about TDA's views on their hotel properties. They won't bulldoze and rebuild, when has Disney ever bulldozed one of their hotels and started with something new?

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Considering the DISNEYLAND HOTEL was older, more cementlike and perhaps less sturdy in the event of an earthquake than PP Hotel, but wasn't bulldozed but rather remodeled, I think that says something about TDA's views on their hotel properties. They won't bulldoze and rebuild, when has Disney ever bulldozed one of their hotels and started with something new?
    The sad irony is that they did have plans at one point to tear down the DLH and start fresh but cancelled the demolition due to budget cuts. As much as the PP Hotel should be torn down, the costs and work to do with would be astronomical.

I'd be more concern (right now anyway) with Disney expanding their hotel presence, especially with the current attendance increase at DCA and the possible plans for a third gate.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Under that tree again!

Considering the DISNEYLAND HOTEL was older, more cementlike and perhaps less sturdy in the event of an earthquake than PP Hotel, but wasn't bulldozed but rather remodeled, I think that says something about TDA's views on their hotel properties.
    The nice thing about the DLH is it is around the large pool area. The PPH has it's little pool and parking garage on one side and street on the other.

They won't bulldoze and rebuild, when has Disney ever bulldozed one of their hotels and started with something new?
    The tree houses in WDW.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Disney's Treehouse Villas

The tree houses were replaced by tree houses, no?

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    Is there a priority for the resort? The only priority I see is to spend as little money as possible in the foreseeable future.

All of the other major theme park resorts in North America have huge projects going on, in the works and on the horizon.
    i know Carsland and BVS were just completed 1 year ago, but WDW is finishing a HUGE Fantasyland expansion, a 1,500 room resort, and they just announced a massive retheming and expansion to a DTD that was already vastly superior to DLR, meanwhile planning is underway for a huge expansion to either Animal kingdom, WDS or both.
    What universal orlando completed and wjhat they are currently working on is just staggering.
    Universal Hollywood opened Transformers, are working on a realy terrific attraction in Despicable me and have begun preliminary work on a huge expansion with Harry Potter, Hotels and other theme park expansion .It seems like Disney is content to let the little step-child on the west coast just sit for at least the next 5 years while all of the excitement in the theme park world is centered anywhere but there.
    I think you'e not considering the size of both parks.

Of course, a full scale resort, with four theme parks, will get more attention than a two park, mini-resort, it's the way it works. That's not to say Disneyland isn't getting attention; as you mentioned BVS + Carsland, but also, Project Sparkle, Fantasy Faire, and the Disneyland Hotel Renovation.

Also, are you forgetting the impending Tomorrowland/Frontierland expansion?
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based on… if something is new, I reject it immediately because it’s frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Micechatter Randy Savage proposed demolishing the Paradise Pier hotel and adding something more Victorian and something more in keeping with a nautical style:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fCLoOKYOdz...adise+Pier.PNG

Love this, it would be a great idea for Disney to bring that property into the resort. As it is, it seems isolated in a sea - of parking lots.

• Nutty about Disney parks

I say just theme the lobby to the appropriate 1920s seaside resort theme and get rid of that Goofy statue. (I cringe everytime they consider that statue an amenity of the hotel. No...seriously...they do in the Vacation DVDs. It's like wha?)
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Filmmaker

Micechatter Randy Savage proposed demolishing the Paradise Pier hotel and adding something more Victorian and something more in keeping with a nautical style:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fCLoOKYOdz...adise+Pier.PNG
    I love that concept drawing and think that'd be a great addition to the Resort, but the one potential concern is it would replace DLR's only value resort with a GCH-level hotel.

That being said, I'm curious, how many people think this would be an issue? Are value resorts needed at DLR in the same way they're needed at WDW or are they superfluous given the abundance of close "good neighbor" hotels?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast