Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

•   

Re: Out of place characters

Maybe furious was the wrong word for me to use. upset would have been better. walt disney was furious when he saw a frontierland cowboy walking around tommorowland and he got furious because he knew he could do better. I expect alot out of Disney because i fork over $650 which I pay for as a high school student with my own paycheck to go to Disneyland! not six flags or seaworld(tho I do have a sea world pass) or universal studios(tho i have a pass here to) anyway I expect those kind of themeing issues at any other theme park but not disney. Disneyland is my favorite place in the world because it is fully imursive you get to escape reality and enter the land of tommorow or a land of fantasy so i was just dissapointed that the illusion was tarnished for that moment when i walked past baloo near space mountain.

• Queen Elsa

I just love to see characters out of theme so if I had seen Baloo in Tomorrowland I would be happy for it to me it makes it mush more funner. Infact I have seen the Peguins from Mary Poppins in Frontierland and even got photos with them.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fernando Mendez View Post
    Maybe furious was the wrong word for me to use. upset would have been better. walt disney was furious when he saw a frontierland cowboy walking around tommorowland and he got furious because he knew he could do better. I expect alot out of Disney because i fork over $650 which I pay for as a high school student with my own paycheck to go to Disneyland! not six flags or seaworld(tho I do have a sea world pass) or universal studios(tho i have a pass here to) anyway I expect those kind of themeing issues at any other theme park but not disney. Disneyland is my favorite place in the world because it is fully imursive you get to escape reality and enter the land of tommorow or a land of fantasy so i was just dissapointed that the illusion was tarnished for that moment when i walked past baloo near space mountain.
    Consider yourself redeemed.

Feel free to feel ECSTATIC now

a big Mouse walking on his feet is more out of place than Marvel characters in Tomorrowland.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I'm in the "Yes, you are overreacting" camp. I agree that characters should be kept within their respectable lands, ideally. However my reaction to this situation would not be to feel furious and be angry with people excited to see the character. I would actually probably be one of those people, as I have never seen Baloo, and would be really happy for the chance to get a picture with him.
    Agree with this post. Last I was there, I was walking towards Tomorrowland, and I was in between the Matterhorn and the Lagoon. Wendy and Peter Pan came skipping right by. My first thought wasn't, "They're not supposed to be over here," it was "Cool, it's Peter and Wendy," because I don't think I'd ever seen them in person before. It happens, but not to the point where it's a problem.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234