Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

•   

Out of place characters

I was in Disneyland yesterday and me and my friends were on the way to space mountain when i came across a strange sight...Ballo from a jungle book in tommorowland??????? the worst part is guests dident care they were takeing pictures and getting his autograph but personally i was furious i even saw goofy outside of autopia and he was in his normal costume!! this just really made me upset because it ruins the whole tommorwland theme. what is the weirdest out of place character you have seen? and does anybody else get upset about this like or am i just overreacting?Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 838
Size:  33.9 KB
    Last edited by Fernando Mendez; 03-20-2013 at 02:41 PM.

• rebmeM roinuJ

Re: Out of place characters

Well, with the word "furious", yes I do think youre overreacting. But that is a bit odd, Baloo in Tomorrowland. I cant think that ive ever seen anything like that.

• Minion

ORWEN: It bothers me, too, when characters aren't seen in their appropriate lands. Years ago I saw all the characters from Robin Hood in Adventureland of all places! (This was actually in Florida at the Magic Kingdom there.) When I asked a cast member why Robin Hood and his Merry Men were in Adventureland he tried to fake me out by saying, "Well, Robin Hood is an adventure story! So it's appropriate that they be in Adventureland!" Yeah, well, tell that to the Swiss Family Robinsons who live up in their tree house--but not to THIS witch! I let the cast member know I didn't buy his flimsy eplanation.

ORDDU: Of course you also have to admit that Disneyland's Adventureland is so small that maybe Baloo couldn't find a suitable area that was big enough for meetings and greetings. As far as I know, only Aladdin and Jasmine meet and greet in Adventureland these days. Years ago we used to see Rafiki near the entrance near the Tiki Room. But we had heard, later, that there really isn't enough room in Adventureland for many meet and greets. So maybe that's why Baloo was found in Tomorrowland.

Wait until the Marvel characters start to show up. Then its going to feel REALLY out of place...

You are definitely overreacting.

You can't blame Baloo. Hes in the Jungle all the time. There will be times when he wants to get out and explore a little bit!

Seriously though, it might have been a newbie, or hes on break. Never know.
    Last edited by ThunderWolf2010; 03-17-2013 at 05:59 PM.

• Roller coaster enthusiast

When I see things like this, I wonder what Walt would say. After-all, one of the reasons why WDW was built was so you'd never have to see a character from Adventureland in Tomorrowland. I'd bet he'd be upset as it really does ruin the set. It certainly would ruin the moment if I saw Woody in Fantasyland.
    Current coaster count: 155
    100th coaster: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood
    150th coaster: Intimidator at Carowinds
    last new park addition: Fun Spot America

Guys, it rarely ever happens! There will be mistakes. He was over there for a reason we don't know! So calm down.

I was there yesterday too and I was surprised to see him and Rafiki in Tomorrowland with Mickey and Co. Mickey was out during the parade which was mildly surprising... But I think yesterday was a training day or something along those lines because there were a ton of characters out as well as quite a few managers. I wish I still worked there then I could tell you for sure.

• Queen Elsa

I don't fine it weird I love to see characters in different lands. To me it makes it a whole lot exciting. I also love the mix up character like having Mad Hatter,Alice & Aurora together. It just give the filling that there out of there story and into another characters story with a twist.

• New Member Goes Forth

Very unusual
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• i believe in faeries.

i think it's weird, but it wouldn't make me angry. i would probably shrug and think 'that's an odd choice' and then move on... then again, unless i'm with someone who truly loves meeting characters, i don't usually stop for meet & greets.

Briberry on Youtube has an awesome video of the Mad Hatter, Alice, Peter Pan and Captain Hook all on a Storybook Land Canal boat just having a good time joking and talking. It is really funny and I wish stuff like that would happen more often.

Why is it that they have no problem with having the Fantasyland characters ANYWHERE in the park, but you never see TL characters in Frontierland, Main Street or Critter Country?

I think you should just be happy that Baloo was even out at all. He's a classic character and they rarely bring those out anymore.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast