Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: What are the chances DCA changes theme again from Goofys Flight school to "Planes

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo123 View Post
    oh my bad I didnt know it wasnt Pixar
    It's not a Pixar film, although it's based on the world of Cars. DisneyToon Studios produced it.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Re: What are the chances DCA changes theme again from Goofys Flight school to "Planes

It's not a documentary and it's being released in theatres not straight to DVD

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys View Post
    it's being released in theatres not straight to DVD
    Oh wow, you're right! I just checked the trailer and now it says it's coming out in theaters! But I think it did say it would come out straight-to-DVD in the earlier trailers. I'm not going crazy, right??

Quote Originally Posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post
    Oh wow, you're right! I just checked the trailer and now it says it's coming out in theaters! But I think it did say it would come out straight-to-DVD in the earlier trailers. I'm not going crazy, right??
    Nope. I saw a trailer that said it was coming straight to DVD and had read an article that said the same.

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith11618 View Post
    Nope. I saw a trailer that said it was coming straight to DVD and had read an article that said the same.
    Haha, thank you for confirming my sanity

•   
    • Minion

I don't think they will re-theme it I say 10% chance of it happening. The theme wouldn't fit and it would have to go down for a refurb which by now I am sure would have been annouced. I gave it 10% because I am sure if the GSS merchandise is slow they can always pump out planes merchandise for the new attraction and get a quick money grab!

As for the movie I can say as much as I love cars I am really not excited for the same movie coming out but this time in the air! The story for Cars 1 was nice light hearted and fun. Then they released number 2 which was lame IMO. I have been trying to figure out in my head what kind of story can they really tell that won't be like Cars already was. And we all know that trains will be next!

• Original Mice-Chatter

Pr wiki-
    Planes is an upcoming spin-off of the 2006 animated film Cars and the 2011 animated sequel Cars 2, and the first film in the Planes trilogy.[4] However, Pixar Animation Studios, the production team for Cars, will not be producing the film. Instead, it will be produced by DisneyToon Studios.[5] It was initially set to be released by Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment on DVD and Blu-ray in Fall 2013,[6] but it will instead have a theatrical release by Walt Disney Pictures on August 9, 2013;[3][7] this shift from video to theatrical release has happened before with Doug's First Movie (in 1999) and The Tigger Movie (in 2000). It will be the first DisneyToon Studios film released theatrically in North America since Pooh's Heffalump Movie eight and a half years earlier in 2005.

• 2 shots on the rocks.

I could see Condor Flats becoming Planesland. One giant meet-n-greet.

• -

Not every movie needs to be made into an attraction.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• The doctor is in

I sure hope not.

I'm another one who thinks Planes is going to be a failure or enough of a bomb so that it wouldn't merit any themed attraction in a Disney Park. Cars is enough of a draw for people... not to mention Planes isn't even Pixar.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I'm another one who thinks Planes is going to be a failure or enough of a bomb so that it wouldn't merit any themed attraction in a Disney Park. Cars is enough of a draw for people... not to mention Planes isn't even Pixar.
    I just thought about this right now. What if because Disney knows 'Planes' might not do that well in the box office, they might want to advertise the heck out of it in the parks to draw people into the theaters? Thus, creating a 'Planes' attraction in the Parks. It's what they did with other movies like Frankenweenie, Tron, Oz, etc. They might decide to do some quick overlay on Goofy's Flight School or do a quick preview of what it's like to fly in a plane on Soarin'. Gah, can you imagine??

• Sultan of Swing

Quote Originally Posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post
    Well the first trailer was released with Jon Cryer attached to the project. He dropped out and was replaced by "Comedian" Dane Cook. Now it is set out to be in theaters. I don't like Dane Cook and the trailers don't make it very appealing except for "More Human Than Human" by White Zombie. Also they must believe it will do good if a sequel is in development entitled Planes 2: Fire and Rescue.
    Always read the fine print.

Yeah, they're going to retheme it, and while they're at it, let's retheme the Matterhorn to tie in with " Frozen". Seriously, the most I could see is maybe a meet & greet with Dusty Crophopper in Condor Flats, maybe with part of that area rethemed as Propwash Junction. What, you people don't already know this movie inside and out? (names of characters, locations, etc.?)And you're not flaunting your inside knowledge like I am? C'mon people! You're starting to lose it!
    Or, of course the meet/greet could be in Carsland. And there will be tons of merchandise. That's kind of a given.
    On a serious note, I was at the studio back in November for a screening of "Wreck It Ralph", preceded by "Paperman", an episode of "Gravity Falls" and a preview of "Planes" and one of the upcoming "Pixie Hollow" movies. DTS, we were told is responsible for the Tinkerbelle "Pixie Hollow" movies, mainly geared at girls, and any subsequent movies from the world of " Cars", or in the case of "Planes" , from Above the world of "Cars", mainly oriented towards boys.
    We were assured that despite anything in the past, that the company is in good hands under Mr. Lasseter, and that the quality will prevail. This movie will Look like a Pixar movie. Also, there were plans from square one to release this in theaters in Europe. Those plans will now include the U.S.
    Also, look for flags in the movie that say "DTS", in the style of the old "STP" logo.

• Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by BugSam101 View Post
    Also they must believe it will do good if a sequel is in development entitled Planes 2: Fire and Rescue.
    The thing is, even if the movie itself flops (which, let's face it, there's no way this is going to be a major hit) Disney will make a killing in merchandise. That's the "magic" of the Cars brand. Neither of the films were major breakout hits at the box office, in fact both movies were among Pixar's lowest performing films, but when it came to merchandise Disney is getting more money than they know what to do with.

But more to the point, Planes does not belong in Paradise Pier. Planes does not belong in Condor Flats. The only place in DCA Planes belongs is Cars Land, and I hope to god they don't put it there. By creating Cars Land there's no excuse to have characters from the Cars universe in any other section of the park.

Also, on a side note, while I don't think Condor Flats needs a movie tie-in, if Disney decides there must be one than I will settle for nothing but The Rocketeer.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    Personally, I think Planes is going to fail.

Even if it's successful, I don't think it's going to be so popular that it would warrant a remodel of an attraction.
    And one needs no more evidence of this than the fact that they replaced John Crsyer with Dane Cook. Dane Cook was believed to be the *better* alternative for their talking plane lead. Dane Cook. DANE COOK!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast