• A Pirate's Life For Me...

Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona

Disneyland Population Increase

This weeks Dateline Disneyland pointed out that after the refurb to Main Street Station Disneyland's population changed from 500,000,000 to 650,000,000 and it's the first time it has been changed since the 50th Anniversary. It makes me wonder if there will be a big celebration for the 65th Anniversary in 2020.

Anyone else feel like this means something significant?

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: Disneyland Population Increase

There could be something hidden between the lines, but I feel like since they are doing some serious work to the station anyway it was sort of a "add this in, too" type deal. Sort of how the 500,000,000 coincided with the 50th, this could have been changed simply just to coincide with the 65th.

That being said, I do hope something big happens in 2020!

• Minion

Why would they be honoring Disneyland's 65th if they haven't even had the 60th yet?

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    but I feel like since they are doing some serious work to the station anyway it was sort of a "add this in, too" type deal.

This.

I don't think there is any meaning to it other than they were refurbing the sign anyway.

• A Pirate's Life For Me...

Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    Why would they be honoring Disneyland's 65th if they haven't even had the 60th yet?
    Because 65 years is a milestone. They had big celebrations for 35th & 50th, 65th seems like it would come next for a big party . The 60th Anniversary is 2015, same year WWOHP opens at Universal and Disneyland currently has nothing in the works that could compete with HP. They are going to have to do something major to attract the people back to DL for their vacations.

The population counts seem coincidental to me. It changed on its last referb before the 50th to 500,000,000. Main Street Station did just go through some serious work, maybe they wont be doing anything of the sort for a while, so they changed it now...?

Wishful thinking on my part I guess

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

• Minion

I don't think it means anything.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by XxBellaThornxX View Post
    The 60th Anniversary is 2015, same year WWOHP opens at Universal and Disneyland currently has nothing in the works that could compete with HP.
    This could not be more incorrect. If a proper budget is given to any of the major projects currently being looked at for Disneyland, they could easily surpass Potter.

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    This could not be more incorrect. If a proper budget is given to any of the major projects currently being looked at for Disneyland, they could easily surpass Potter.
    Just curious if you think the Disney company is getting better at keeping secrets these days. I feel like there are some rumors out there but for the most part the fans don't really know what is going on or planned. Is this because Disney is better at keeping secrets or is there just nothing solid or certain enough to have gotten out yet?

• New Member Goes Forth

Nice they have updated, but they need something for the 60th anniversary. They will lage behind Universal if they are not carefull
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).