• The High 5 & Waving Goth

Orchestral Music and Space Mountain

During the last two trips, I've noticed some orchestral arrangements that sound like something you'd hear in movies. Not entirely fanfare, but similar to the music they have while you wait for Soarin'.

It's usually noticeable along the 2nd floor of the Starcade side of the queue and last night, I noticed it being played in the restrooms at the end of the ride...

Does anyone know how long this has been going on and why? Also...looks like some of the TDA execs were out last night. One of them was helping direct guests to board Space Mountain.

I sense a plan here...a bigger plan...or just an audit. Haha

• Long live the Fire Lord

Re: Orchestral Music and Space Mountain

Pretty sure the music has been there a while, it's just hard/rare to hear it. I think it's called 'energy' or 'concourse'
    "What single word is the name of a magazine, a cereal, a board game, and a never-ending series of soul-crushing disappointments which slowly leech away your hope and idealism until you are nothing more than a bitter husk of a man?"

Quote Originally Posted by Crazybirdman View Post
    Pretty sure the music has been there a while, it's just hard/rare to hear it. I think it's called 'energy' or 'concourse'
    Ahhhhh. Thanks

It does give a nice classic feel to the area...just wondering when TL will get it's "rumored" facelift. The classic colors and bronze don't mix...

Also, there is a creative consultant meeting at the resort from Yesterday to today. That's probably what the TDA peeps were doing.

• formerly very helpful

I do remember hearing instrumental music - some actually music from Epcot - in the upper level of Space Mountain as far back as 15 - 20 years ago.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

The music likely was installed in 1998 for that 'new Tomorrowland', and was intended to be used for the more ambitious Tomorrowland 2055 overhaul (Alien Encounter, new rotating theater musical show, Flying Saucers comeback, etc.). It is orchestral recordings of both Epcot classics (One Little Spark, Universe of Energy, Listen to the Land) and classic Tomorrowland tracks (The Goodyear people mover music, 20,000 Leagues theme, Miracles from Molecules, Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow.)

And yes, quite audible in the restrooms underneath Space Mountain of any place, which is vaguely amusing: all the big plans for the Tomorrowland 2055 project reduced to an audio loop you can hear most clearly only in a bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    And yes, quite audible in the restrooms underneath Space Mountain of any place, which is vaguely amusing: all the big plans for the Tomorrowland 2055 project reduced to an audio loop you can hear most clearly only in a bathroom.
    Quite possibly a hidden message from Disney?

The 'new' TL concept that was put in place was an abomination. (although everyone has their own take on it.)

As cheesy as the MIDI instruments were back in the day, I still prefer this on-ride soundtrack to the current one.

http://youtu.be/m3ypNd0cod4