Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to relax at disneyland

Hi everyone,
    I am going to Disneyland in May and I was just wondering if it is a good idea to leave my cell and my i phone for work at the Hotel room. I just really want to relax and I am worried that I would be looking at my reality all day instead of enjoying the magic. Please comment.
    Thanks,
    JereJ23

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: How to relax at disneyland

The only reason you should have your work cell phone on you is if you are in the medical field or other field that would require your immediate response to medical emergencies or other life-threatening events. Your personal cell phone is a different story. But if you are not in a profession that would require you to have it, I would recommend leaving your work cell phone in the hotel.

• formerly very helpful

I'd definately do every reasonable thing to stay out of touch with work. (assuming this won't jeapardize your job in any way.) Disneyland is for escape, and it's hard to escape when the thing you're escaping can reach you at any time.
    The only advantage I can see for having a cell at Disneyland is if you get separated from your party and want to reach them. Especially if traveling with children who also have a cell.
    Of course, you can always do it old school and set up a meeting place in case you get separated.

While it makes for an interesting discussion and maybe this was the purpose of your post, only you can decide this. Only you, not the others on this forum know what level of commitment you provide or are required to provide to those you serve (clients, superiors & subordinates, your organization) and what obligation you have to respond when you are away. It can vary by industry, company, position and individual.

It is impossible for people who don't know your exact situation to give the right answer to this. Good luck and have a good time on your trip.

• The doctor is in

It depends on your job? It really depends on you. If you can manage without it then I say go for it.

I carry my cell phone with me when I am in the parks, but I don't answer it if I don't want to. Most of the time you can't even hear your phone ring.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• Master of Disaster

My 3 simple steps to a relaxing trip to disneyland

step 1. only take phone so that you can use the mousewait app for the shortest wait times.
    step 2. have a drink at Ariel's Brothel (what I call the Cove Bar)
    step 3. use the mousewait app to leisurely walk to the low wait lines. key here is just to take your time and enjoy yourself.

• Selfie Expert

Up to you on whether or not you NEED your work phone, as others have said it's had for us to say. Obviously you don't want to get in trouble, but if it's something you can go without I would recommend you do so.

I carry my phone in my backpack, where I can't hear or feel it. I only take it out to use an app or get a hold of someone. Otherwise I've found that if I keep it in my pocket I tend to check it constantly.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Best way to relax don't spend a cent. No stress about you walet if you can't spend money. Also take advantage of early mornings or park closing to hit the big attractions.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

I brought my personal cell phone only to use the apps to check wait times. My suggestion would be to leave the work cell phone if you can, bring your personal one to use wait time apps but turn the ringer off and only turn the ringer on if you get separated from your party.

• Professional Poltergeist

If you'd like your cell phone to be nearby so you can check it throughout the day (I personally get antsy wondering if I missed a call), there's always the option of the charging lockers on main street. Also, if you were to use some awesome in-park apps such as Disney Parks Mobile Magic, Mouse Wait, or even DLR Lines by Touring Plans, you could always switch your phone into "airplane mode" between app uses. Airplane mode would let you listen to music, etc. off-line and wouldn't receive calls or use internet while in that mode, but can use on-device info.

Agree with zugzug. Use it for the Mousewait app. I used mine to take pictures as well, but I don't get distracted with texting or other things.

Well there's this....

Name:  bench_00001.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  82.3 KB

And this...

Name:  Bench_3_001.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  52.7 KB

And this....

Name:  Bench_3_002.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  49.1 KB

And this....

Name:  bench_00002.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  54.4 KB
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

I always left my work cell phone in my office at night. certainly never took it on vacation. if there was an emergency they had my personal numbers to call.

• rebmeM roinuJ

DisneylandTraveler has my vote.

I'd absolutely leave a work cell at the hotel if I were on vacation. Guess it depends how important it is, and if missing a call will make your life more difficult when you return. I tend to carry my personal cell, but that's in part so I know what time it is or if I'm meeting people.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast