Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

• I'm from Canada eh!

Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

Sheeple? Really?

• "I don't like the color"

Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

Quote Originally Posted by Meville View Post
    Sheeple? Really?
    Funny name, isn't it.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

We've come to that place, again, sadly, that debate over changes to the park brings.

There are vastly different opinions on all additions or potential changes to the Disneyland experience. That is normal, valid, and expected - people comparing relative merits or potential downsides rationally is always welcome. We encourage that discussion here, not everything is solidly black and white and the variations of opinion make for a good discussion, IF everyone remains respectful.

We've lost many a valid thread due to labeling others, casting aspersions on the side that does not share a specific viewpoint, or insinuations that someone is not properly informed because they feel a change is either good or bad compared to history. This all is harmful as it makes it a argument over who is 'right' or 'wrong' by way of negative example, name-calling, or rudeness. That needs to stop, now.

We do not want this valid thread with actual discussion to be lost due to those issues. Leave in the discussion of ways Starbucks might detract or add to the experience, by all means - but the statements of people being wrong for their viewpoints or assumptions about other people/rude statements need to stop immediately. We want this forum to be open for all viewpoints. That does not occur when EITHER side of this discussion tries to shout down the other or smear them with rude asides.

Thank you for your follow-through and understanding and to all for continuing to bring up both sides of a discussion such as this one in a respectful way. Off-topic personal slams from now on will be investigated and removed from this thread in order to keep discussion flowing in a constructive way.

• Circle of Ancients

When I see the same complaints for Dole™ Whips, Coca Cola™, Carnation™ Cafe or Yesterland complaints about the Carnation™ Ice Cream Parlor, Sunkist™ Citrus House, Coca Cola™ Terrace Stage and Casa De Fritos™ then I'll think that those who are against this have a point.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    When I see the same complaints for Dole™ Whips, Coca Cola™, Carnation™ Cafe or Yesterland complaints about the Carnation™ Ice Cream Parlor, Sunkist™ Citrus House, Coca Cola™ Terrace Stage and Casa De Fritos™ then I'll think that those who are against this have a point.
    this

Name:  stir.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  7.3 KBName:  stir2.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  5.2 KB

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Well said
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• All-American

* applause *

How about McDonalds in the parks?
    Last edited by Disneymike; 03-28-2013 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    So I suppose you would be ok with Disneyland going the chain store route that Knotts and Magic Mountain has gone?
    Maybe they should have just put a Johnny Rockets in place of Flo's, it matches theme, right?

I'm quite disappointed with chain food in my theme parks. I make a point of avoiding them. If I can say "Hey, look, it's a ___," then I'm not interested. I can get that any time I want, why do I want to waste my time in the theme park with generic stuff that's always available?

See, that's what I think is my whole issue with Starbucks in the parks is that it is a chain store product, just like Johnny Rockets, Sbarro, In and Out Burger, etc. I like those places OUTSIDE of Disneyland. I just think Disneyland should be more unique in their food and beverage (and merchandise) offerings than your local mall.
    That's my complaint- that I don't want generic stuff in Disneyland. It's supposed to be special, and if it looks like any other mall here, it's *not* special anymore. SB is visibly everywhere in the real world. My little city has .... 6 SB. We're only a couple of miles in length!

[re: Flo's] But the fact is it is unique to the Resort and you can't find that anywhere else.
    As far as the Pig cafe is concerned, does the average tourist actually know the name of the cafe or do they just say "There is a Starbucks in California Adventure"?

I doubt many of them realize it has a name. It's just the Starbuck's place. 0

How about McDonalds?

I'm so glad it's gone. I wouldn't mind a fry cart, always smelled great, but don't want it to be a McD's.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post

I'm quite disappointed with chain food in my theme parks. I make a point of avoiding them. If I can say "Hey, look, it's a ___," then I'm not interested. I can get that any time I want, why do I want to waste my time in the theme park with generic stuff that's always available?

That's my complaint- that I don't want generic stuff in Disneyland. It's supposed to be special, and if it looks like any other mall here, it's *not* special anymore. SB is visibly everywhere in the real world. My little city has .... 6 SB. We're only a couple of miles in length!

I doubt many of them realize it has a name. It's just the Starbuck's place. 0

I'm so glad it's gone. I wouldn't mind a fry cart, always smelled great, but don't want it to be a McD's.
    Well said.

• Sock Puppet

How about McDonalds in the parks?
    It is true that McDonald's and Starbucks are different than the other brands listed. The brands that were listed are all simply brands of food or drink, they are not franchises like McDonald's or Starbucks.
    There is a big difference between a food or drink location in Disneyland being SPONSORED by a brand and an actual franchise being placed inside Disneyland.
    To me Starbucks on Main Street is analogous to McDonald's inside the Harbor Galley or the fry cart in Frontierland.

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaVonDrake View Post
    It is true that McDonald's and Starbucks are different than the other brands listed. The brands that were listed are all simply brands of food or drink, they are not franchises like McDonald's or Starbucks.
    There is a big difference between a food or drink location in Disneyland being SPONSORED by a brand and an actual franchise being placed inside Disneyland.
    To me Starbucks on Main Street is analogous to McDonald's inside the Harbor Galley or the fry cart in Frontierland.
    So if I understand you correctly, you're saying that the issue here is simply that Starbucks already exists outside the park in stand-alone locations. Correct?

If so, I'd like to point out that the Starbucks that are in the parks are not standalone. They have a side area within existing stores. They didn't take over The Pig Restaurant. This place still sells it's own food and beverages. Same for The Market House. It's not going to be called Starbucks. It's still going to be The Market House and it will still sell the majority of the same stuff it always did. It's just that it will now have a Starbucks counter off to the side.

On that note, The Dole Whip cart only sells Dole products. It's not a popcorn cart that also sells whips. Why does this get a pass but not a glorified concession stand within an existing location?
    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by 4th Gen Disney Fan View Post
    So if I understand you correctly, you're saying that the issue here is simply that Starbucks already exists outside the park in stand-alone locations. Correct?

If so, I'd like to point out that the Starbucks that are in the parks are not standalone. They have a side area within existing stores. They didn't take over The Pig Restaurant. This place still sells it's own food and beverages. Same for The Market House. It's not going to be called Starbucks. It's still going to be The Market House and it will still sell the majority of the same stuff it always did. It's just that it will now have a Starbucks counter off to the side.

On that note, The Dole Whip cart only sells Dole products. It's not a popcorn cart that also sells whips. Why does this get a pass but not a glorified concession stand within an existing location?
    Because there are not Dole Whip stands on every street corner like there are Starbucks and McDonald's. Dole is not a store or restaurant chain... it is a brand of foods.
    ...and for what it's worth, when McDonald's was inside Harbor Galley it was still called "Harbor Galley" not "McDonald's". That doesn't make it any better.

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaVonDrake View Post
    Because there are not Dole Whip stands on every street corner like there are Starbucks and McDonald's. Dole is not a store or restaurant chain... it is a brand of foods.
    ...and for what it's worth, when McDonald's was inside Harbor Galley it was still called "Harbor Galley" not "McDonald's". That doesn't make it any better.
    This, I know. The point I was making is that The Market house is not going to be re-purposed into a Starbucks. When McDonald's took over Harbor Galley they served McD's product exclusively.

As I stated previously; Starbucks in The Market House will be a glorified concession stand. Not a full-service location.
    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast