Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 247
  1. #181

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    873

    Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

    I dont understand this Products are OK but products sold at chains are Bad. I see more dole, coke, ATT, Chicken of the sea, Fritos, and nestle brands in my life than Starbucks. In fact, I welcome a franchise like SB over those common grocery store brands because SB has a bit class to it, a slight vintage feel, and because for a lot of people a starbucks drink is a sort of treat or indulgence. Tuna, your phone bill, a coke, and fritos aren't really a special treat like a frappucino is. I look forward to getting a Starbucks regardless of how many there are in the world. The other brands?.....not so much.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

  2. #182

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,446

    Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    And by the way to set the record straight IIRC the Gibson Girl (ironic that this was the old Citrus House) sells Dreyers Ice Cream and not Häagen-Dasz.
    Yes! You are correct, thank you for that. I knew Haagen dasz wasn't sounding right when I was typing it out. Thanks for the correction!
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

  3. #183

    • Filmmaker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    West Jordan, UT
    Posts
    285

    Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

    Okay, so legitimate question for the Starbucks detractors: If Starbucks had come on as a sponsor of the Markethouse, providing their coffee beans, but without selling their signature drinks would this be acceptable?

    Is the fact that you can buy a Caramel Frappuccino on Main Street the main point of contention here, or is a partnership with Starbucks of any kind deemed unacceptable?

  4. #184

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    6

    Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

    Will the renovations to the Market House accommodate the expansion of the rumored Main Street alley? I wonder if there will be entrances to the backs of all the shops on the East side of the street like the arcades in Disneyland Paris or a straight shot passage to town square?

  5. #185

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    314

    Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

    This thread got me thinking. We really should get the bra shop back. How about Vicki's Secret on Main Street?

  6. #186

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,066

    Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

    My issue is we lose something unique, and they give us something generic and boring to replace it. They say the Market House will still look cute, but I'm expecting it won't be.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

  7. #187

    • Filmmaker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    West Jordan, UT
    Posts
    285

    Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

    Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    My issue is we lose something unique, and they give us something generic and boring to replace it. They say the Market House will still look cute, but I'm expecting it won't be.
    Again, I must ask, what was inherently unique and exciting about Nescafé as opposed to Starbucks?

  8. #188

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,066

    Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

    Not that nescafe was exciting, but SB is boring. And it's *everywhere*. Coming to Disneyland is looking more and more like coming to the local mall. What's the point of spending money to come to a generic mall? I can do that for free, and without the long drive.

    If they just switched the beans, I wouldn't be complaining. But it's a total remodel, and it's going to be a SB location, not a cute location that happens to serve SB coffee.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

  9. #189

    • Filmmaker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    West Jordan, UT
    Posts
    285

    Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

    Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    If they just switched the beans, I wouldn't be complaining. But it's a total remodel, and it's going to be a SB location, not a cute location that happens to serve SB coffee.
    I think that's a bit premature to assume. This is still going to be the Market House, now it's simply selling Starbucks coffee (and their signature drinks) instead of Nescafé. Besides, they've already confirmed that the potbelly stoves, the party lines, and the checkerboards will be staying. This isn't going to be a run of the mill Starbucks, it will be a fully themed Disney location with Starbucks products.

    If time proves me wrong, and/or the Disney Parks Blog people lied, I'll sadly eat my hat, but it seems a bit absurd to expect this to be a generic looking Starbucks.

  10. #190

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    873

    Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

    Quote Originally Posted by Illusion0fLife View Post

    If time proves me wrong, and/or the Disney Parks Blog people lied, I'll sadly eat my hat, but it seems a bit absurd to expect this to be a generic looking Starbucks.
    Especially since the pig cafe stayed the pig cafe even after the SB deal happened. What people choose to call it is not on Disney. It will still be the market house.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

  11. #191

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,066

    Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

    The pig cafe didn't exist other than with the starbucks; how is it "still the pig cafe"? I don't understand. It was lockers and bathrooms, if I remember right, then they remodeled into Buena Vista Street, and they built the building for the cafe and SB. It's not ugly, it's got some of the Craftsman lines that I like, but it's not all that exciting, either... it's just ... there. As many pictures as I've taken of everywhere in the park, I don't think I have any of this place at all.

    If they do in fact keep the stoves and the knick-knacks and all, then it's cool. I'm still sad to lose Disneyana, but it's true that I never bought anything there.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

  12. #192

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    873

    Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

    Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    The pig cafe didn't exist other than with the starbucks; how is it "still the pig cafe"? I don't understand. It was lockers and bathrooms, if I remember right, then they remodeled into Buena Vista Street, and they built the building for the cafe and SB. It's not ugly, it's got some of the Craftsman lines that I like, but it's not all that exciting, either... it's just ... there. As many pictures as I've taken of everywhere in the park, I don't think I have any of this place at all.

    If they do in fact keep the stoves and the knick-knacks and all, then it's cool. I'm still sad to lose Disneyana, but it's true that I never bought anything there.
    The Starbucks deal finalized during construction. They could have changed things around to be more Starbucks-esque but chose to keep it as it was designed, name and theme and all...Regardless of how much you do or do not like the cafe, it is still all pig cafe except the menus, coffee, and those 2 little signs outside.

    What does this mean? It means disney does not stop the world, change the formula, or muck things up just to bring SB into the parks. They could have went all out generic SB in your face but they chose not to for the sake of theme.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

  13. #193

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,467

    Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

    Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    Not that nescafe was exciting, but SB is boring. And it's *everywhere*. Coming to Disneyland is looking more and more like coming to the local mall. What's the point of spending money to come to a generic mall? I can do that for free, and without the long drive.

    If they just switched the beans, I wouldn't be complaining. But it's a total remodel, and it's going to be a SB location, not a cute location that happens to serve SB coffee.
    If you're buying a Disneyland ticket just to go to Main Street, I think you may be confused. 99% of the park will be the same after Starbucks moves in. Starbucks is not the reason you go to the park. It's not even something that keeps you there. It's an improvement to a relatively insignificant part of the entire product.

  14. #194

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    279

    Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

    Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    If you're buying a Disneyland ticket just to go to Main Street, I think you may be confused. 99% of the park will be the same after Starbucks moves in. Starbucks is not the reason you go to the park. It's not even something that keeps you there. It's an improvement to a relatively insignificant part of the entire product.
    Declining by degrees.

  15. #195

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,260

    Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

    Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    Not that nescafe was exciting, but SB is boring. And it's *everywhere*. Coming to Disneyland is looking more and more like coming to the local mall. What's the point of spending money to come to a generic mall? I can do that for free, and without the long drive.

    If they just switched the beans, I wouldn't be complaining. But it's a total remodel, and it's going to be a SB location, not a cute location that happens to serve SB coffee.
    I have no idea where you got this idea, but no it wont be a 'Starbucks' any more than the Pig Cafe is. It will still be the Market House, just with the SB coffee (and guessing its deserts) as its main product. Thats really apples and oranges. As others pointed out, FFP cafe would look exactly the same as it does now if there was no SB. So other than adding the signs out front and the menu, nothing about the place is any differnt than what was planned. As for the Market House maybe they will find a way to add a bit of seating inside with the extra space which would be a nice plus but guessing not much.

    And I understand if people dont want SB or think its too 'new', but its COFFEE! I think people just want something they truly like and SB brings that. And its just TOO much splitting hairs over this stuff. At first the argument was no outside products in Disneyland and the second people made a list of the dozens of stuff you can buy at the local strip mall it then changed to brands vs franchises, which thats what most franchises are, brands. And I think its funny SB is seen as a no no because it has 17,000 stores worldwide, but Coke is fine even though you will find Coke in litterally every region on the planet. You can go to the most remote, scarce regions of Asia, Africa and Latin America and I DARE you not to find the nearest vendor, store or restaurant that doesnt have Coke available somewhere. You still cant find a SB in Cambodia, but believe me, its enough Cocoa Cola there to fill the Mekong Delta.
    Last edited by WorldDisney; 03-30-2013 at 05:24 AM.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What Rare Hat Can I Get For This?
    By urgirljepps in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-05-2006, 04:24 PM
  2. What kind of merit badge do you get for this????
    By Hyperbole in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-26-2006, 05:10 PM
  3. Special 1st Day Ticket Pin, how to get one this Sunday?
    By Darkbeer in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-13-2005, 09:57 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •