Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    The pig cafe didn't exist other than with the starbucks; how is it "still the pig cafe"? I don't understand. It was lockers and bathrooms, if I remember right, then they remodeled into Buena Vista Street, and they built the building for the cafe and SB. It's not ugly, it's got some of the Craftsman lines that I like, but it's not all that exciting, either... it's just ... there. As many pictures as I've taken of everywhere in the park, I don't think I have any of this place at all.

If they do in fact keep the stoves and the knick-knacks and all, then it's cool. I'm still sad to lose Disneyana, but it's true that I never bought anything there.
    I totally agree with you about the "pig cafe" just being there. It's not especially cute or charming. It is a lightly themed Starbucks that happens to sell a few sandwiches not available at other Starbucks locations. It is the sort of thing I would expect to find at a non-Disney theme or amusement park.
    The experience is really just not that much different than visiting any average Starbucks location... and I would be willing to bet that most guests feel the same way. I'd also bet that most guests think of it as a Starbucks that sells a few different sandwiches, rather than a Disneyland restaurant that happens to sell Starbucks coffee.

• "I don't like the color"

Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion0fLife View Post
    Okay, so legitimate question for the Starbucks detractors: If Starbucks had come on as a sponsor of the Markethouse, providing their coffee beans, but without selling their signature drinks would this be acceptable?
    I would find that acceptable.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Tourist

I'm looking forward to Starbucks coffee being offered in DL. From the photos I've seen, the DCA Starbucks cafe is correctly themed to its location, and I think Disney will do the same thing at the classic location on Main Street.

I've never liked instant coffee, and though some people say Nescafe is good for an instant coffee, it still makes me cringe. Now we will have a convenient location for brewed coffee in both parks, offering a well-known brand that is popular with many coffee drinkers. I see this as a big improvement.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaVonDrake View Post
    Declining by degrees.
    This assumes Starbucks is a decline to begin with. Change is not synonymous with negative change. Turning Nescafe into Starbucks is largely regarded as a positive one--even by some of Disneyland's biggest fans as evidenced by this thread.

• Chief Troublemaker

Given that I believe that Disney did the SB deal with a large eye to the economics of the deal and given that Disney isn't going to do something that takes a large chunk out of their profits, would those of you who disapprove of the SB deal be 'ok' with Disney raising prices or diverting money meant for other projects in order to either buy out an existing coffee producing business or build their own plant and source beans, process them, and deliver their own branded coffee for all their parks? Would you gladly have given up Cars Land for Disney-brand coffee? Because if Disney could have done it with their own branded coffee as economically, I'm sure they would have done so. They already have that 'Mickey's Swell' coffee available in gift shops, I'm sure thought was given to expanding that brand into their food locations.

And I don't think a deal with any other coffee business would have been without its own 'advertising', whether it ended up with Dunkin, Folgers, Dutch Bros, or Chock Full O Nuts discreetly painted on the side of the FFP building. Today's businesses are all about getting their product name out there.

Disney's deal with SB isn't a bad thing, as least to my thinking. And I think eventually even the critics will breathe a sigh of relief when we see that it's not as intrusive into Main St's theming as many people fear. It brings a known brand with the ability to deliver coffee into another known brand with an ability to deliver magic. Magic and coffee, two of my favorite things!
    Last edited by Stormy; 03-30-2013 at 09:35 AM.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaVonDrake View Post
    It is a lightly themed Starbucks that happens to sell a few sandwiches not available at other Starbucks locations.
    This is incorrect if I'm not mistaken. The pig cafe as it stands now is the same pig cafe they designed and built without Starbucks in mind. Starbucks was added last minute in the form of 2 signs and a new menu board so what you see is exactly what we would have gotten if SB never came.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Disney's deal with SB isn't a bad thing, as least to my thinking. And I think eventually even the critics will breathe a sigh of relief when we see that it's not as intrusive into Main St's theming as many people fear. It brings a known brand with the ability to deliver coffee into another known brand with an ability to deliver magic. Magic and coffee, two of my favorite things!
    I don't know why people fear it being intrusive to MS considering how well they intergrated it into BVS! If you removed the two signs and big menus, you would never know SB was in FFP Cafe. And it sounds like ALL the elements people like about the Market House will all still be there, so again, I dont get the hand wringing over it? It makes complete sense to me it goes there since its so popular and it will probably be good since its always so busy at FFP (a sign of why SB came in the first place) and maybe it will relieve that place a bit now that there are two places to get it and both at the entrances.

The one negative to me is that Disneyana will basically take over the Gallery, which I love and always stop in. I cant afford any of it, so I doubt they care what I think lol. So I will be curious to see how that will change.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    I don't know why people fear it being intrusive to MS considering how well they intergrated it into BVS! If you removed the two signs and big menus, you would never know SB was in FFP Cafe. And it sounds like ALL the elements people like about the Market House will all still be there, so again, I dont get the hand wringing over it? It makes complete sense to me it goes there since its so popular and it will probably be good since its always so busy at FFP (a sign of why SB came in the first place) and maybe it will relieve that place a bit now that there are two places to get it and both at the entrances.

The one negative to me is that Disneyana will basically take over the Gallery, which I love and always stop in. I cant afford any of it, so I doubt they care what I think lol. So I will be curious to see how that will change.
    My issue with SB's in the parks has been stated before, franchise or chain stores setting up in the parks. Whether they are well integrated or not it is more of the outside world creeping into the parks. Despite Walt having sponsors ( a necessary evil) he never wanted the outside world in the park. Once the first gets in, how long before the next gets in? And the next, and the next.........

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    My issue with SB's in the parks has been stated before, franchise or chain stores setting up in the parks. Whether they are well integrated or not it is more of the outside world creeping into the parks. Despite Walt having sponsors ( a necessary evil) he never wanted the outside world in the park. Once the first gets in, how long before the next gets in? And the next, and the next.........
    And as I and others said, there is plenty of things there from the outside world already there. This difference between brand and franchise is basically semantics. And honestly, a lot of these arguments has a bit of hypocricy with in them. I'm not saying you obviously, just in general. But I can't remember how many times I heard people on these boards say they wanted DCA to have an In-N-Out burger shop or a Tommy's? To be fair they would match the theme of the park and these same people probably doesnt care SB is there now, but you put in stuff people LIKE and no one is concerned if its franchised or not. Thats the real point. Ghirardelli got a lot of fanfare when it came to DCA and no one complained about that being from the outside world. Again, it fits the theme well, but the fact also remains its also a franchise and a well known brand.

Its fine if you dont like SB and I understand peoples issues with it, Im only saying its probably more positives than negatives for most people and if FFP is any indication will be in high demand.

And as I and others said, there is plenty of things there from the outside world already there. This difference between brand and franchise is basically semantics. And honestly, a lot of these arguments has a bit of hypocricy with in them. I'm not saying you obviously, just in general. But I can't remember how many times I heard people on these boards say they wanted DCA to have an In-N-Out burger shop or a Tommy's? To be fair they would match the theme of the park and these same people probably doesnt care SB is there now, but you put in stuff people LIKE and no one is concerned if its franchised or not. Thats the real point. Ghirardelli got a lot of fanfare when it came to DCA and no one complained about that being from the outside world. Again, it fits the theme well, but the fact also remains its also a franchise and a well known brand.

Its fine if you dont like SB and I understand peoples issues with it, Im only saying its probably more positives than negatives for most people and if FFP is any indication will be in high demand.
    I don't necessarily care that Ghirardelli's is in DCA, DCA is a different beast in my mind. I think it boils down to Disneyland being the Holy Grail and just like some want to find the Grail, some don't want it discovered, If that makes sense.

• Minion

I don't necessarily care that Ghirardelli's is in DCA, DCA is a different beast in my mind. I think it boils down to Disneyland being the Holy Grail and just like some want to find the Grail, some don't want it discovered, If that makes sense.
    Now this isn't fair. Isn't California Adventure supposed to be an escape from reality as well? Aren't all theme parks supposed to be escapes from reality? DCA gets a pass card, but DL doesn't because DL is older and more classic. That isn't fair. The escape factor should apply to all theme parks, not just one.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Banned User

LOL well with that thinking, its not a shock why its so easy for people to make exceptions for these things and the double standards that applies. If its ok for DCA, I honestly have no clue why its not Ok DL? Last time I checked, they both are suppose to adhere to the same Disney rules of theming and standards. I think this proves just how subjective this stuff really is at the end of the day. 'Holy Grail' or not, its a modern day theme park with modern day audience and if Ghirardelli is ok for DCA I dont see why SB is not ok for DL? Especially if its a hit with the consumers that goes to these parks? It seems like a win-win if both the company and the guest thinks having SB coffee in the parks adds to their day.

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    Now this isn't fair. Isn't California Adventure supposed to be an escape from reality as well? Aren't all theme parks supposed to be escapes from reality? DCA gets a pass card, but DL doesn't because DL is older and more classic. That isn't fair. The escape factor should apply to all theme parks, not just one.
    I personally don't feel like I am escaping from the outside world when at DCA. Disneyland has a different feel for me, it's more "Magical" as it were. DCA was built cheaply and although it has made big strides with BVS and Carsland it still doesn't hold the same wonder and awe that Disneyland has for me. Disneyland has a jungle you ride through in a boat, a caribbean town being sacked by pirates, a house with 999 happy haunts in it. DCA for me is Soarin, ToT, and RSR and basically that's it.

LOL well with that thinking, its not a shock why its so easy for people to make exceptions for these things and the double standards that applies. If its ok for DCA, I honestly have no clue why its not Ok DL? Last time I checked, they both are suppose to adhere to the same Disney rules of theming and standards. I think this proves just how subjective this stuff really is at the end of the day. 'Holy Grail' or not, its a modern day theme park with modern day audience and if Ghirardelli is ok for DCA I dont see why SB is not ok for DL? Especially if its a hit with the consumers that goes to these parks? It seems like a win-win if both the company and the guest thinks having SB coffee in the parks adds to their day.
    It could have been a win-win-win if SB was placed out in DTD.

• Minion

I personally don't feel like I am escaping from the outside world when at DCA. Disneyland has a different feel for me, it's more "Magical" as it were. DCA was built cheaply and although it has made big strides with BVS and Carsland it still doesn't hold the same wonder and awe that Disneyland has for me. Disneyland has a jungle you ride through in a boat, a caribbean town being sacked by pirates, a house with 999 happy haunts in it. DCA for me is Soarin, ToT, and RSR and basically that's it.
    Weather you feel it or not, it's still a theme park and the rules should still apply.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land