Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 61314151617 LastLast

• Filmmaker

Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

Quote Originally Posted by Shipperson View Post
    I don't want stores on Main Street, where if you blind folded me and bought me in there and un-blindfolded me, I would swear I was in a Starbucks in my home town!
    Well if your hometown Starbucks has checkerboards, an antique potbelly stove, and old fashioned party lines I'm awfully jealous of your hometown.

Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

Anyone know when the Market House closes? I hope it's open when we are thee next week (4/6-4/10).

• Fastest Man Alive

Quote Originally Posted by disneyrand1 View Post
    Anyone know when the Market House closes? I hope it's open when we are thee next week (4/6-4/10).
    4/14. It'll be open when you are there.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    4/14. It'll be open when you are there.
    Sweet! Thanks Wally.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Shipperson View Post
    I just don't want Main Street to look like all the malls these days, all the same big name brand stores, hmmmm, kind of like Starbucks. I like a little uniqueness. I like the crystal store, the magic shop, the (original) penny arcade, and yes, the old time feel of the coffee store. I think if you start putting in stores that you can find in any mall U.S.A., how will you feel you are any place different and unique, like Disneyland! Walt was all about nostalgia, he loved Lincoln and the old west. He had Main Street built to look like an old fashioned main street, not the Universal Citywalk. He searched out those old gas lamps which are older than the park. I don't want stores on Main Street, where if you blind folded me and bought me in there and un-blindfolded me, I would swear I was in a Starbucks in my home town! Look, any of their food or drink there, isn't that great for you and isn't that great in general but, do you wake up one morning and say, lets for for a great steak dinner and a cup of coffee at D.L? Some times I go there, just to walk around, see the stores, walk down main street, through Frontier Land. I like to get that feeling of stepping back in time, escaping the modern crazy world. I like nostagia, that old world feel. I can look past a Welch's cart or a Mickey doll, inside a store on Main Street. Face it, when you walk in the park, you are faced with Main Street and at the end of it, the castle. They are iconic, leave it be and serve what ever coffee you want, like they do now, but don't put in a Starbucks. SERVE Starbucks coffee, like they serve Coke or Nestle products but, not in a official store. I don't want to see a Nestle Store or Coke Store either. Serve the products without having a store! You know like Coke and Nestle! : >
    Isn't that exactly what they are doing?

No offense, but how many times does this have to be said, but a SB ISNT going in! It will still be the Market House as its always been, JUST serving their coffee. They are expanding it because they learned from FF and P how popular it is and the TINY space in the Market House to support the lines is not enough. I seen people line up outside the door for the coffee there now. IMagine what will happend when SB comes?

And I think FF and P is the basic example. There has been a SB on the resort for nearly a year now and its not called SB there either. Its designed as a 30s L.A. diner that just happens to serve SB cofffee, thats it! How many SB on the planet has booths inside it? As been said, thats how the place was designed way before SB came around.

And thats the same idea on MS. Nothing will change in that regard.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Disney wanted Starbucks in the parks. Not the other way around. If it Starbucks didn't want to to in they probably would have pursued either the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf or Peet's. Bottom line they wanted a coffee house that could produce better coffee than what they were already offering. And with the volumes required those three establishments would do it the best.
    Ok thanks I stand corrected! It was just a guess obviously but the point is Disney knows SB is popular and since they want to make their guest happier while making more money this is a win-win. I was actually at the park for the first time in a while for Easter and I went to FF and P to get SB and it is amazing how long those lines are. Of course there are other things on the menu like food, but there are tons of just people waiting for coffees and fraps. I got a hot choculate...my first one there.

I can understand why they want SB there. Honestly though, DCA made LOTS of smart moves, big and small, for its grand reopening: CL, BVS, Ghirardelli, RCT, CCT, Mad T Party, RSR and yes, SB. Any little plus for a guest that only adds value for them in their day is a positive. And if a type of coffee will get many more people excited about going...yes even when they can get it across the street for a few cents cheaper lol, is not a bad thing to have.
    Last edited by WorldDisney; 04-01-2013 at 10:38 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    Isn't that exactly what they are doing?

No offense, but how many times does this have to be said, but a SB ISNT going in! It will still be the Market House as its always been, JUST serving their coffee. They are expanding it because they learned from FF and P how popular it is and the TINY space in the Market House to support the lines is not enough. I seen people line up outside the door for the coffee there now. IMagine what will happend when SB comes?

And I think FF and P is the basic example. There has been a SB on the resort for nearly a year now and its not called SB there either. Its designed as a 30s L.A. diner that just happens to serve SB cofffee, thats it! How many SB on the planet has booths inside it? As been said, thats how the place was designed way before SB came around.

And thats the same idea on MS. Nothing will change in that regard.
    There's really no point in repetition, especially when it's been said so many times, LOL. I've given up on this subject. There's almost no point, we keep going in circles. No matter how many times we explain... I say we both just give up haha.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Majestic Falcon

Blog Entries

Can't. we.. just agree.. to.. disagree...

You can never run out of imagination. The more you use, the more you gain.

I agree with you! I also agree with Mr. Wiggins when he said, "There are a lot of things I can appreciate in their own context. I'll relish the outside world coffee, food, whatever when i get it. "But if it all gets shoehorned into Disneyland, then Disneyland isn't special anymore." I agree with you when you said,"Starbucks shouts modern branded lifestyle, no matter how much it is plastered over with period decoration." I say sell their product BUT like Coke, don't put in a special store. Sell it like they do now, in the coffee store they have, but with Starbucks coffee.

If what you are saying is true, then that works for me. Sell their product in the store you have now, but I am against taking out Disneyana.

• I am number 4 of 999

They could have included one in the Disneyland Hotel remodel, or built one in Downtown Disney if they wanted a second one on property so badly. They really didn't have to put it IN the actual Disneyland park.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• 2 shots on the rocks.

The Market House location will be a cash cow, a location in a hotel lobby not so much.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post
    The Market House location will be a cash cow, a location in a hotel lobby not so much.
    It will be a cash cow alright but I will disagree about a location in a hotel lobby not being busy. When I am staying in the Resort I usually go in the morning to the Starbucks in the hotel with the Buca de Bepo in the parking lot (can't remember the name) on Harbor for my wife and that location is always busy.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    It will be a cash cow alright but I will disagree about a location in a hotel lobby not being busy. When I am staying in the Resort I usually go in the morning to the Starbucks in the hotel with the Buca de Bepo in the parking lot (can't remember the name) on Harbor for my wife and that location is always busy.
    The Hyatt? The one at the Sheraton is very busy but only in the mornings. The addition of Starbucks in Disney hotel lobbies is probably not too far off...but setting up shop in the parks seems to be the priority.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Quote Originally Posted by orbitalpunk View Post
    Can't. we.. just agree.. to.. disagree...

On the internet. NEVAR!
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 61314151617 LastLast