Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617

Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

Yes, overreaction, IF what you are saying is true. Agreed, that is what I have said, sell the product, without putting in a full Starbucks, store, in all that a regular, full Starbucks would entail. Again, no problem with them selling any brands like Coke and Nestle or what ever, as they do now, just don't want a regular looking Starbucks or Coke store, etc., on Main St.

Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

Amen... Where would it stop! This is what I am saying, have some uniqueness to your park. YES, sell Coke out of a dispenser as you do now, but no Coke Store(yes they have Coke stores, i.e., Vegas), sell Nestle, but no Nestle store. I like nostalgia, uniqueness, old fashioned, something different. I like your Pizza Port comparison Disneymike. I like the uniqueness of Main St., the magic shop, the crystal shop, the original penny arcade, Disneyana, etc. I stay out of the Showcase, that stuff is all over the park and Downtown Disney.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    There's really no point in repetition, especially when it's been said so many times, LOL. I've given up on this subject. There's almost no point, we keep going in circles. No matter how many times we explain... I say we both just give up haha.
    LOL, yeah! Welcome to the internet I guess. I mean all the info is in the very first post of the thread with a direct link to Disney blog that tells us everything. Here is the blurb from the link:

Market House will reopen this fall, still themed as a turn-of-the-century general store, serving Starbucks products and a selection of specialty Disney pastries. Iíll have more updates here on the Disney Parks Blog as the project progresses, so keep checking back.

Again, short and sweet. I dont get the confusion over it (and I'm not talking about people that doesnt like it, thats different, just the people who seem to think a SB is actually going in the area). And as been said, DCA has already DONE it and last time I checked, its not SB, its a 30s themed cafe with SB in it. So why would people suddenly think they would do anything differently on MS?? Anyway, yeah I'm done too.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    LOL, yeah! Welcome to the internet I guess. I mean all the info is in the very first post of the thread with a direct link to Disney blog that tells us everything. Here is the blurb from the link:

Market House will reopen this fall, still themed as a turn-of-the-century general store, serving Starbucks products and a selection of specialty Disney pastries. I’ll have more updates here on the Disney Parks Blog as the project progresses, so keep checking back.

Again, short and sweet. I dont get the confusion over it (and I'm not talking about people that doesnt like it, thats different, just the people who seem to think a SB is actually going in the area). And as been said, DCA has already DONE it and last time I checked, its not SB, its a 30s themed cafe with SB in it. So why would people suddenly think they would do anything differently on MS?? Anyway, yeah I'm done too.
    Exactly. Not only does the article say it, but we've said it and we've already got DCA as an example. Three different ways to say it, and none of them seem to be working. Forget it haha.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    Exactly. Not only does the article say it, but we've said it and we've already got DCA as an example. Three different ways to say it, and none of them seem to be working. Forget it haha.
    The only "theming" I saw in Fiddler, Fifer and Practical were black and white photos on the walls. That's a pretty weak excuse for theming. It feels like a fancy craftsman Starbucks with black and white photos of the 1930's on the walls. In all honesty it looks completely contemporary and not particularly themed at all. That seems to be a trend in imagineering at the moment, images of a time and place presented without any actual immersive theming... and I don't trust them to do any different with the Market House.

•   
    • Insert Hilarious Title

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaVonDrake View Post
    The only "theming" I saw in Fiddler, Fifer and Practical were black and white photos on the walls.
    I disagree. I think the only theming you seem to be willing to acknowledge are the black and white photos. The interior, especially the booths, is very 1920/1930s L.A. One may disagree with the choice of the theme but to dismiss it as lack of theme, well, to each their own.
    Feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook (Just mention MiceChat)

"The thing that makes us different is our way of thinking, our judgement and experience acquired over the years. Giving it 'heart.' Others haven't understood the public. We developed a psychological approach to everything we do here. We seem to know when to 'tap the heart.' Others have hit the intellect. We can hit them in an emotional way. Those that appeal to the intellect only appeal to a very limited group. Let's not let the mechanics get in here and foul the whole thing." -Walt Disney

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

This thread, sadly, has reached the end of it's 'shelf life' given at this time only posts exist restating previous views, and surprise the other side of viewpoints doesn't 'understand'.

Thread closed.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617