Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

• Filmmaker

Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

While I'm more than happy to see Starbucks move in, I'm sad to see Disneyana go. I acknowledge that the store hasn't been spectacular as of late and it's another example of the generification of Disney's retail offerings, but I still like the idea of a Disneyana store. Combining it with the already watered down Disney Gallery just feels slightly disheartening.

Perhaps in a perfect world we'd have Starbucks on Main Street, a proper Disneyana store with unique collectibles, and the Disney Gallery in New Orleans Square above Pirates.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

Well....as long as they theme it well...and in the past few years they have been doing very well with that aspect of the parks then I'm excited to see how they do the coffee shop...because the one in DCA is a mess...ALWAYS a line no matter what time of day

Hopefully this location will be quicker

Thank God.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    because the one in DCA is a mess...ALWAYS a line no matter what time of day
    That's mostly because they serve meals there as well. As a stand alone location like this, there should be some slower times.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    That's mostly because they serve meals there as well. As a stand alone location like this, there should be some slower times.
    Not to mention right now Fidler, Fifer, and Practical is the only Starbucks location in the resort. Having one for each park should help distribute crowds between the two.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion0fLife View Post
    Not to mention right now Fidler, Fifer, and Practical is the only Starbucks location in the resort. Having one for each park should help distribute crowds between the two.
    There's that, too. In fact, in my short trip on Saturday the only time I went in to CA Adventure was to get some caffeine for my drive home. Had the location in Disneyland opened already, I wouldn't have crossed the esplanade.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Cause nothing says 1890s Marceline like Venti Macchiatio Latte w/ a half naked mermaid

• Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by JCSkipr79 View Post
    Cause nothing says 1890s Marceline like Venti Macchiatio Latte w/ a half naked mermaid
    Oh yes, Nescafé was much more period authentic.

Cause nothing says 1890s Marceline like stores selling Mickey Mouse sweatshirts and hats.
    Fixed that for you.

does that mean no more cinnamon tea lattes? my mother will be awfully disappointed if thats the case.
    Last edited by thedustycoyote; 03-19-2013 at 04:16 PM.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

It's not a Jamba Juice in Frontierland, but we'll take what we can get.

• Berm Buster

Isn't it a siren? :l

so is it more like a resurrection of a bakery on Main Street? all we need to do is add the quick serve sandwiches and it will be complete.

• Evil is Sexy

Mmm. Bakery on Main Street...
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• revolutionary waltz

Quote Originally Posted by Brer Mole View Post
    Isn't it a siren? :l
    It is, although they did give her a mermaid tail rather than bird feet.

I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but if this means a better managed line at Market House, I'm all for it. It's a gorgeous store, but it gets to be extremely crowded at times.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast