Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion0fLife View Post
    While I'm more than happy to see Starbucks move in, I'm sad to see Disneyana go. I acknowledge that the store hasn't been spectacular as of late and it's another example of the generification of Disney's retail offerings, but I still like the idea of a Disneyana store. Combining it with the already watered down Disney Gallery just feels slightly disheartening.

Perhaps in a perfect world we'd have Starbucks on Main Street, a proper Disneyana store with unique collectibles, and the Disney Gallery in New Orleans Square above Pirates.

Agreed! On all counts. I dislike how generic the DCA coffee shop is. It's pretty, but it's not special. At all.

I sincerely hope the Market House gets to keep some character. I have my doubts, but I really hope they keep something special about it.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

Actually if Starbucks managed the entire parks it would be a step up. In service, in pay, in benefits.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by JCSkipr79 View Post
    Cause nothing says 1890s Marceline like Venti Macchiatio Latte w/ a half naked mermaid
    It's not supposed to be Marceline, anyway.

However, the stuff they serve now isn't period specific, either. Nestlé wasn't making coffee back then.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    That's mostly because they serve meals there as well. As a stand alone location like this, there should be some slower times.
    Hopefully....my friends and I can never wait in that line...it's just ridiculous. I think they need to remodel so if you want food...there is a line...coffee this line and ice cream in another line

• -

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Hopefully....my friends and I can never wait in that line...it's just ridiculous. I think they need to remodel so if you want food...there is a line...coffee this line and ice cream in another line
    I was thinking the same thing on Saturday. A coffee only line would be awesome.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

I'm really disheartened to see my favorite store, Disneyana, close so that starbucks can move in and have a giant queue. I know they said they are merging it with the Gallery but they're not exactly going to call it The Disney Gallery Disneyana. Its not just about the name either, its also the location.

I wish Disney would do something actually necessary like re-imagine the People Mover track instead of removing classic locations for profit opportunities. If not for guests, do it for Walt and stop disrespecting his creation with a decaying structure in plain sight.
    You can never run out of imagination. The more you use, the more you gain.

Well count me in as being part of the excited group! I absolutely lurve Starbucks and seeing how great a job they did in DCA, relative to downplaying the Starbucks brand itself and keeping with the integrity of the location, I'm confident they'll do just as good a job with the Market House (one could hope). After flicking through the DisneyParks Blog post, it's also great to hear the stove, the checkerboard and the party lines (my personal favorite!) will still remain.

My only question, and maybe someone else could help me out with this, is where else at the resort, if at all, do they sell Disney white hot chocolate? That would be the only major loss for me because if you didn't know, please let me tell you that cup of white liquid was sent from heaven.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by orbitalpunk View Post
    I'm really disheartened to see my favorite store, Disneyana, close so that starbucks can move in and have a giant queue. I know they said they are merging it with the Gallery but they're not exactly going to call it The Disney Gallery Disneyana. Its not just about the name either, its also the location.

I wish Disney would do something actually necessary like re-imagine the People Mover track instead of removing classic locations for profit opportunities. If not for guests, do it for Walt and stop disrespecting his creation with a decaying structure in plain sight.
    While I agree do something with the People mover....the majority of people WANT a starbucks, Disney tried it at DCA and it worked so well there they knew it would be worth the investment to get one at Disneyland too

They are a business and if I was running the show I would have done the samething but I'd also use the profits of this store to make sure we get new attractions people want to

• Insert Hilarious Title

Quote Originally Posted by orbitalpunk View Post
    Isn't it true that the Disneyana store has only existed at that location (Main St. East-side) since 1986? Before that, it was on the West-side Main Street from 1976 (the year it ws created) until it moved across the tracks.

I'm curious, what makes the East-side location better than the West-side or its future location?
    Feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook (Just mention MiceChat)

"The thing that makes us different is our way of thinking, our judgement and experience acquired over the years. Giving it 'heart.' Others haven't understood the public. We developed a psychological approach to everything we do here. We seem to know when to 'tap the heart.' Others have hit the intellect. We can hit them in an emotional way. Those that appeal to the intellect only appeal to a very limited group. Let's not let the mechanics get in here and foul the whole thing." -Walt Disney

• Sultan of Swing

The Market House does get packed, but with a Starbucks taking it's place won't this increase it's popularity? Then again I am pretty sure they will know how to handle this with the extra space.

Doesn't the Starbucks in DCA have a Coffee only line? I thought I heard that there was a Meal line and a Coffee line. I am not sure though. Some type of Quick Service line.

I hope they do something to fix the crowding issues since my first experience at the Market House wasn't pleasant. There was this obnoxious guy standing in line behind my Mum and I. If anyone has seen the movie Kicking and Screaming with Will Ferrell and remembers the part where he gets kicked out of the coffee shop he was at...well that is how he was acting.

• New Member Goes Forth

At least they are keping the history of the building, but there will be no free refills
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by BugSam101 View Post
    The Market House does get packed, but with a Starbucks taking it's place won't this increase it's popularity? Then again I am pretty sure they will know how to handle this with the extra space.
    The Starbucks will be taking over part of the Disneyana store for this very reason.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Nescafe only until fall? Best news I've had today.

Will be interesting to see if they release concept art for the new space
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Nescafe only until fall? Best news I've had today.
    Hopefully it won't be brought back as some kind of "Limited Time Magic" promotion. That is one flavor that I don't think anyone wants to remember nor will they feel nostalgic for.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    While I agree do something with the People mover....the majority of people WANT a starbucks, Disney tried it at DCA and it worked so well there they knew it would be worth the investment to get one at Disneyland too

They are a business and if I was running the show I would have done the samething but I'd also use the profits of this store to make sure we get new attractions people want to
    There are a LOT of things that people (Disney management) WANT, that aren't compatible with the Disneyland image. Everybody can't have everything they want and still expect Disneyland to retain it's magic.

People complained in the past when Pressler reduced the park into a glorified mall. This is just another attempt at the same sort of thing. Next step: replace Plaza Pavilion with Olive Garden? Tomorrowland Terrace with Burger King? El Zocolo with Del Taco?

There are a lot of things I can appreciate in their own context. I'll relish the outside world coffee, food, whatever when i get it. But if it all gets shoehorned into Disneyland, then Disneyland isn't special anymore.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast