Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    Finally, someone that gets it.
    People wernt complaining about Fritos in Fronteirland, and the chip itself was created in the 1930s

And Disney has always had outside contemporary brands sponsoring its rides and restaurants and stores.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion0fLife View Post
    Funny, because in this picture (from Disneyland's website, no less) I can count the FF&P logo at least six times, and only see "Starbucks" once.

Now that I look at the picture, I can see the name 4 times. I still don't see a logo. I don't remember seeing it, when I've been there in person. I remember the red stained glass in the windows, but not that it said anything.

It remains an unspecial place, with acceptable coffee. I've photographed just about everything in the parks, but this hasn't been interesting enough to take any shots.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

For those who don't want or like Starbucks in the park, what would be acceptable? Its coffee, its better then what they serve now, thus an improvement.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    It remains an unspecial place, with acceptable coffee. I've photographed just about everything in the parks, but this hasn't been interesting enough to take any shots.
    I agree that it's an unspecial place. When I visited it felt cold, echoey, charmless and unmemorable. The new dining room at the Carnation Cafe has the exact same feeling. Black and white photos on the wall are not a replacement for real atmosphere. Putting framed photos from a time and place on the wall does not automatically transport guests to that time and place. There is a real sense that Disney believes that this type of theming is good enough. It's sad.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    Exactly. Purists love to pick and choose what is acceptable and what is not not with no consistency in their criteria, and then expect us to believe they are absolutely, objectively, and factually correct on what good theming is. Oh and don't forget, nostalgia or resistance to change is never ever a factor in their judgement.

I'm sorry, other opinions are perfectly fine, but to pass them as fact or to downplay nostalgia and resistance to change....? I just don't buy it.
    Pretty much this! The arguments over what is acceptable or not would at least make more sense if there wasnt so much hypocrisy and inconsistency in the arguments. But so much of the time it comes down to what they are doing today is utterly wrong although when they basically did the exact same thing decades ago thats actually ok and acceptable...especially if 'Walt' did it! Its a bit frustrating and I try not to bother anymore!

Anyway, coffee is coffee to me since I dont drink much of it. Its kind of like beer to me: I cant tell you the difference between them but usually after one cup I want another!

I had no idea what coffee DL served in the parks until the first Starbucks opened in DCA. It was fine for me, but I love Starbucks specialty drinks, especially their fraps! I love getting one on BVS on a hot day and just love peopl watching! Cant wait to do it for MS! And they probably didnt sell fraps at the turn of the century lol, but I'm guessing they didnt sell about 95% of what you buy on MS at the turn of the century either. Its coffee, people will live and most will love it more than whats there now. Thats all that matters at the end of the day. FFP certainly never has a short wait over it, thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post

Different strokes for different folks but I REALLY like FFP! Its just a cool place to hang out for me, especially the big booths! I like the diner feel. It really is old time L.A. although I usually sit outside.

BTW does the Market House even have sitting inside? I think I been inside it about 10 times in my life but I dont think so? Does anyone know when Starbucks move in will they have indoor seating? I do like it though, its a really nice interior, I just prefer the Coke corner area to sit in.

I really like FFP and also Carnation Cafe. They don't feel cold to me, and I do think the B&W photos are great, especially the old photos in Carnation Cafe. I think they did a great job with the Silverlake Sisters theme and the references on the walls.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Starbucks on Main Street. I see little difference between promoting Starbucks versus promoting Chicken of the Sea, Fritos, BofA, Monsanto, etc. Starbucks/FFP is one of our must-stops at DCA, and we don't even drink coffee.

I just hope they keep the old fashioned stove, telephone, and any of those other Disney touches. I'm actually very concerned about that...

I could care less about Disneyana, and it makes sense to move those items to the Gallery, as long as they still have the rotating exhibits over there (supposedly they will).

• "I don't like the color"

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    Okay, well maybe we can eat food the astronauts eat when they're in space.
    Nope, Soylent Green.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Nope, Soylent Green.
    Tomorrowland Terrace Burger is PEOPLE!!!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

At least they didn't turn Carnation Plaza Gardens into Starbucks Plaza.

• Original Mice-Chatter

As with any changes- some people won't care, some people will never be happy, some will be thrilled and some people will simply come to accept it over time.

It is what it is-

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Iger made that pretty clear.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    At least they didn't turn Carnation Plaza Gardens into Starbucks Plaza.
    Powdered/condensed Milk Plaza Gardens vs Coffee Plaza Gardens?

Not sure I follow why one is superior to the other.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Powdered/condensed Milk Plaza Gardens vs Coffee Plaza Gardens?

Not sure I follow why one is superior to the other.
    I prefer Eagle Brand to Carnation myself. Maybe it could be Eagle Brand Plaza. It even sounds more American

• The one, the only...

I have no problem with Starbuck in Disneyland. Corporate sponsors have been there since the beginning. However, I did like the location. The Market House was a great recreation of an old fashioned general store. Now I know that much of that has been replaced over time, but I still feel the original feel when I go in there.

What I don't want to see is a long line out the door of the Market House every day as I enter Disneyland. I would have loved to see Starbuck move into the spot that now serves coffee at the hub, Mary Popins area, or even a new location in Tomorrowland. It seems to me that long lines can be less an eyesore there.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
    I have no problem with Starbuck in Disneyland. Corporate sponsors have been there since the beginning. However, I did like the location. The Market House was a great recreation of an old fashioned general store. Now I know that much of that has been replaced over time, but I still feel the original feel when I go in there.

What I don't want to see is a long line out the door of the Market House every day as I enter Disneyland. I would have loved to see Starbuck move into the spot that now serves coffee at the hub, Mary Popins area, or even a new location in Tomorrowland. It seems to me that long lines can be less an eyesore there.
    Well that's why they are taking the Art Gallery area out to make room to add more line area's inside because Main Street gets crowded enough as is

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast