Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 247
  1. #106

    • "I don't like the color"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the TARDIS
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

    Quote Originally Posted by Shipperson View Post
    How can a round lighted "Starbucks" sign not mess with the aesthetics? We are not saying, you can't sell a chimichanga or a Mickey doll but, why would it be so hard to go out to Downtown Disney and get a "Starbucks" if you want a specific coffee. You are trading nostalgia for a brand name. They do have a coffee store, right there. You can't deal without a Starbucks for a day? Why do you want a place that looks like any other place, like the local mall? You go to Disneyland for nostalgia, the look Walt went for when he built main street! Yes, hidden inside the stores are modern foods and trinkets, but signage in the windows, for a modern company???? Walk wanted you to feel like you were stepping back in time. The same reason he bought those gas lamps that are even older than the park! They have a look to them, an old time look! Yes, they did take out the penny arcade or most of it, for candy and cr*p like that, modern stuff, but there is no McDonald's sign in the window or Starbucks sign. God, I see that b.s., EVERYWHERE else in the world! Don't you want an old time feel to Main Street? They change so much, leave some things alone! Read the sign that they have as you go under the train station, as you enter the park! "Here you leave today....." STARBUCKS????
    You are preaching to the choir to some of us. There are some here on Micechat that don't care if the outside world creeps in more and more to the park. I would have rather seen Starbucks go into DTD as well. As for the saying "what about Coca Cola and Nestle being in the park" Coca Cola has been around since the 1800's so saying it doesn't belong is hogwash. Nestle has had factories in operation in America since the early 1900's. The only reason people are clamoring for Starbucks in the park, IMO, is that Starbucks is so ingrained into present culture and is on every street corner and saying the coffee presently being served in the park is gross. If Disneyland were serving Johnson Brothers coffee, which is consistently rated as some of the best coffee in the US and without all the pomp and circumstance of Starbucks, some might just change their thinking about Starbucks in the park.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

  2. #107

    • Sorcerer Supreme Bean
    • Online

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,112

    Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    You are preaching to the choir to some of us. There are some here on Micechat that don't care if the outside world creeps in more and more to the park. I would have rather seen Starbucks go into DTD as well. As for the saying "what about Coca Cola and Nestle being in the park" Coca Cola has been around since the 1800's so saying it doesn't belong is hogwash. Nestle has had factories in operation in America since the early 1900's. The only reason people are clamoring for Starbucks in the park, IMO, is that Starbucks is so ingrained into present culture and is on every street corner and saying the coffee presently being served in the park is gross. If Disneyland were serving Johnson Brothers coffee, which is consistently rated as some of the best coffee in the US and without all the pomp and circumstance of Starbucks, some might just change their thinking about Starbucks in the park.
    Again there was a Welsh's juice stand in Fantasyland, a restaurant sponsored by Frito's in Fronteirland, and other instances of products that dont fight a historical time frame in which they're presented, why are those given passes?

    Perhaps Nestle and Coke have been around since the accurate time period, but when I drink a coke or have a piece of Nestle chocolate, it doesnt spark some sense of 'nostalgia' for me at least, since its to me a 'modern' brand, they're not doing things the old timey way in the slightest, nor are they advertised that way

    And as far as I'm aware the Starbucks in DCA doesnt have the circular Starbucks Sign outside of the shop, nor do I expect the one on Main Street too either.

    Disney has and always will have relevant, stable sponsors for multiple fascets of the park. Though if you dont agree with a particular sponsor or their product, you're well within your rights to not purchase their product. I know I'll be more inclined to buy coffee in the resort now.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

  3. #108

    • I'm from Canada eh!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,074

    Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

    I see it as a lesser of two evils. If the company is unable to produce an exclusive, top notch product, they may as well partner with someone that can. The fact that some people feel that having disgusting coffee in the park for the sake of theme is down right bizarre; Especially considering the availability of Coke products on every corner.

  4. #109

    • "I don't like the color"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the TARDIS
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

    Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Again there was a Welsh's juice stand in Fantasyland, a restaurant sponsored by Frito's in Fronteirland, and other instances of products that dont fight a historical time frame in which they're presented, why are those given passes?

    Perhaps Nestle and Coke have been around since the accurate time period, but when I drink a coke or have a piece of Nestle chocolate, it doesnt spark some sense of 'nostalgia' for me at least, since its to me a 'modern' brand, they're not doing things the old timey way in the slightest, nor are they advertised that way

    And as far as I'm aware the Starbucks in DCA doesnt have the circular Starbucks Sign outside of the shop, nor do I expect the one on Main Street too either.

    Disney has and always will have relevant, stable sponsors for multiple fascets of the park. Though if you dont agree with a particular sponsor or their product, you're well within your rights to not purchase their product. I know I'll be more inclined to buy coffee in the resort now.
    I think it's more that Starbucks is so corporate and in your face that some, myself included, take exception with it. Even though there is no more Welch's juice bar or that Fritos no longer sponsors a restaurant they were never in your face and on every street corner. I agree that there probably will not be the circular Starbucks sign on the Market House and the signage will most likely be subtle like the Pig cafe.
    And the fact that Starbucks coffee tastes like it was dredged from the bottom of the Hudson river....
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

  5. #110

    • "I don't like the color"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the TARDIS
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

    Quote Originally Posted by Meville View Post
    I see it as a lesser of two evils. If the company is unable to produce an exclusive, top notch product, they may as well partner with someone that can. The fact that some people feel that having disgusting coffee in the park for the sake of theme is down right bizarre; Especially considering the availability of Coke products on every corner.
    If you had read my post above you would see that there are alternatives to Starbucks that are far superior and not in your face like Starbucks.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

  6. #111

    • Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    847

    Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    You are preaching to the choir to some of us. There are some here on Micechat that don't care if the outside world creeps in more and more to the park. I would have rather seen Starbucks go into DTD as well. As for the saying "what about Coca Cola and Nestle being in the park" Coca Cola has been around since the 1800's so saying it doesn't belong is hogwash. Nestle has had factories in operation in America since the early 1900's. The only reason people are clamoring for Starbucks in the park, IMO, is that Starbucks is so ingrained into present culture and is on every street corner and saying the coffee presently being served in the park is gross. If Disneyland were serving Johnson Brothers coffee, which is consistently rated as some of the best coffee in the US and without all the pomp and circumstance of Starbucks, some might just change their thinking about Starbucks in the park.
    Wait wait wait...At least in the last couple of posts, the apparent problem of SB is that it is "the outside world" creeping in. Although Coke and the like are "in theme" they are very much corporate, modern, and in your face brands. Sure, they may not be "trendy" but just as modern and I'd say, even more heavily marketed than SB. Personally, I consider Starbucks a very "classic" brand in a way. IT may not be an old brand but it does carry itself with class, quality, and a vintage charm.

    The outside world, whether in theme or not, has always been present in DL and even a lot more in Walt's days than now. It wasn't a problem then and it shouldn't be now. Theme is very very very important, but I think even walt had a limit and knew that DL is still a theme park.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

  7. #112

    • Sorcerer Supreme Bean
    • Online

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,112

    Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    I think it's more that Starbucks is so corporate and in your face that some, myself included, take exception with it. Even though there is no more Welch's juice bar or that Fritos no longer sponsors a restaurant they were never in your face and on every street corner. I agree that there probably will not be the circular Starbucks sign on the Market House and the signage will most likely be subtle like the Pig cafe.
    And the fact that Starbucks coffee tastes like it was dredged from the bottom of the Hudson river....
    No they weren't on every street corner, because they aren't chain stores, but they are on every store shelf and any counter in most major supermarkets and convenience stores.

    I would argue that Starbucks is no less corporate or 'in your face' than Coke.

    Though if you dont like the coffee itself, thats a fairly good reason to not want it, though I'm not sure if any of these other brands have the logistics and more importantly, consistency that Starbucks can offer, which is most important.

    A Starbucks you get in California will mainly taste the same as one you get in New York, and consistency is very important at a Theme Park for its food service
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

  8. #113

    • "I don't like the color"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the TARDIS
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    Wait wait wait...At least in the last couple of posts, the apparent problem of SB is that it is "the outside world" creeping in. Although Coke and the like are "in theme" they are very much corporate, modern, and in your face brands. Sure, they may not be "trendy" but just as modern and I'd say, even more heavily marketed than SB. Personally, I consider Starbucks a very "classic" brand in a way. IT may not be an old brand but it does carry itself with class, quality, and a vintage charm.

    The outside world, whether in theme or not, has always been present in DL and even a lot more in Walt's days than now. It wasn't a problem then and it shouldn't be now. Theme is very very very important, but I think even walt had a limit and knew that DL is still a theme park.
    Do you see a Coca Cola shop on EVERY street corner in EVERY city? They may advertise but the last time I checked I don't recall a Coca Cola shop anywhere.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

  9. #114

    • "I don't like the color"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the TARDIS
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

    Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    No they weren't on every street corner, because they aren't chain stores, but they are on every store shelf and any counter in most major supermarkets and convenience stores.

    I would argue that Starbucks is no less corporate or 'in your face' than Coke.

    Though if you dont like the coffee itself, thats a fairly good reason to not want it, though I'm not sure if any of these other brands have the logistics and more importantly, consistency that Starbucks can offer, which is most important.

    A Starbucks you get in California will mainly taste the same as one you get in New York, and consistency is very important at a Theme Park for its food service
    There you go, chain stores, maybe that's what I am looking at. Just like Walmart is a chain store, Kmart is a chain store. Does Disneyland really need "chain store" stuff in the parks? What would happen if Pizza Port was suddenly converted to a intergalactic Sbarro's? Would people be ok with that?
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

  10. #115

    • Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    847

    Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Do you see a Coca Cola shop on EVERY street corner in EVERY city? They may advertise but the last time I checked I don't recall a Coca Cola shop anywhere.
    I see coke ads on every street corner. I see coke in every restaurant. I see coke in every shelf at every checkout, every soda aisle, every party, everyone of my glasses of captain morgan, every movie, and the decor in every game room.

    There is a reason coke is the number 1 brand recognized around the world....because it is a lot more in your face starbucks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    There you go, chain stores, maybe that's what I am looking at. Just like Walmart is a chain store, Kmart is a chain store. Does Disneyland really need "chain store" stuff in the parks? What would happen if Pizza Port was suddenly converted to a intergalactic Sbarro's? Would people be ok with that?
    I like sbarros a lot better than Pizza Port. Keep the theme, futuristic name, and subtle sponsorship and I say bring it on.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

  11. #116

    • "I don't like the color"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the TARDIS
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    I see coke ads on every street corner. I see coke in every restaurant. I see coke in every shelf at every checkout, every soda aisle, every party, everyone of my glasses of captain morgan, every movie, and the decor in every game room.

    There is a reason coke is the number 1 brand recognized around the world....because it is a lot more in your face starbucks.



    I like sbarros a lot better than Pizza Port. Keep the theme, futuristic name, and subtle sponsorship and I say bring it on.
    So I suppose you would be ok with Disneyland going the chain store route that Knotts and Magic Mountain has gone?
    Maybe they should have just put a Johnny Rockets in place of Flo's, it matches theme, right?
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

  12. #117

    • Sorcerer Supreme Bean
    • Online

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,112

    Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    There you go, chain stores, maybe that's what I am looking at. Just like Walmart is a chain store, Kmart is a chain store. Does Disneyland really need "chain store" stuff in the parks? What would happen if Pizza Port was suddenly converted to a intergalactic Sbarro's? Would people be ok with that?
    See thats the difference that you see that I dont. Starbucks is a chain store yes, but its also a product, just as prevalent as these other products who dont have their own stores to market it (Although there are Coke stores in places, vegas among 1, at least used to be)

    I see it as them offering a product, not the store itself, since it wont be your 'typical Starbucks', which is how I dont see it being any different than Coke or Nestle or Frito, its that Brand, since these days, Starbucks products are sold in more than just their branded stores.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

  13. #118

    • Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    847

    Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    So I suppose you would be ok with Disneyland going the chain store route that Knotts and Magic Mountain has gone?
    Maybe they should have just put a Johnny Rockets in place of Flo's, it matches theme, right?

    No because flos is superior imo to Johnny rockets. And besides, wouldn't flos get to keep the name and theme and decor? The pig cafe kept its name.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

  14. #119

    • "I don't like the color"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the TARDIS
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

    Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    See thats the difference that you see that I dont. Starbucks is a chain store yes, but its also a product, just as prevalent as these other products who dont have their own stores to market it (Although there are Coke stores in places, vegas among 1, at least used to be)

    I see it as them offering a product, not the store itself, since it wont be your 'typical Starbucks', which is how I dont see it being any different than Coke or Nestle or Frito, its that Brand, since these days, Starbucks products are sold in more than just their branded stores.
    See, that's what I think is my whole issue with Starbucks in the parks is that it is a chain store product, just like Johnny Rockets, Sbarro, In and Out Burger, etc. I like those places OUTSIDE of Disneyland. I just think Disneyland should be more unique in their food and beverage (and merchandise) offerings than your local mall.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

  15. #120

    • "I don't like the color"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the TARDIS
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    No because flos is superior imo to Johnny rockets. And besides, wouldn't flos get to keep the name and theme and decor? The pig cafe kept its name.
    It is? I don't think so. The food is ok, it is rather bland to me but in time might become better. But the fact is it is unique to the Resort and you can't find that anywhere else.
    As far as the Pig cafe is concerned, does the average tourist actually know the name of the cafe or do they just say "There is a Starbucks in California Adventure"?
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What Rare Hat Can I Get For This?
    By urgirljepps in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-05-2006, 04:24 PM
  2. What kind of merit badge do you get for this????
    By Hyperbole in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-26-2006, 05:10 PM
  3. Special 1st Day Ticket Pin, how to get one this Sunday?
    By Darkbeer in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-13-2005, 09:57 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •