Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    See, that's what I think is my whole issue with Starbucks in the parks is that it is a chain store product, just like Johnny Rockets, Sbarro, In and Out Burger, etc. I like those places OUTSIDE of Disneyland. I just think Disneyland should be more unique in their food and beverage (and merchandise) offerings than your local mall.
    Then again this comes back to "But the park already has brand sponsors that exist outside of the park why is this different?"

Coke, Nestle, Carnation, McDonalds, Frito, Welshes, even non food related chains. ATT sponsored Indiana Jones, didnt make me think of their terrible chain stores or making a call.

The point is, people see things differently, you may think of it as 'encroachment', I may not because I see it as symbiotically existing within the park from the beginning, as Disney has always had sponsors for its rides or food shops.

We'll just have to agree to disagree
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

Re: Market House to get Starbucks this Fall. Disneyana to be merged with Market House

It is? I don't think so. The food is ok, it is rather bland to me but in time might become better. But the fact is it is unique to the Resort and you can't find that anywhere else.
    As far as the Pig cafe is concerned, does the average tourist actually know the name of the cafe or do they just say "There is a Starbucks in California Adventure"?
    Well considering that there are 3 large signs saying Fiddler Fifer & Practical Cafe and 2 small signs saying Starbucks, I don't think it is disney's fault that it is known as Starbucks.

This is no different than any sponsorship at DL in the past. The restaurant or store stays the same and stays in theme. It's just the product is being provided by someone else. The pig cafe is still the pig cafe. A pizza port with sbarro is still pizza port. The pirate ship restaurant serving chicken of the sea tuna was still the pirate ship restaurant. A MS turn of the century coffee house serving SB will still be a MS turn of the century coffee house.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Well, I guess people want chain store stuff in the park, can't wait for Hungry Bear restaurant sponsored by Jack in the Box......

Boy, where has uniqueness gone to....
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Well, I guess people want chain store stuff in the park, can't wait for Hungry Bear restaurant sponsored by Jack in the Box......

How is Nescafe unique?

"I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

No one wants jack to replace the bear...come on...Its a case by case of whats more important: Quality or uniqueness. Sometimes you get both. Sometimes you get unique garbage. Sometimes you get generic quality. Its all about which is more important in each situation. I think coffee(especially at DL ) warrants the loss of a bit of uniqueness in favor of better quality. But then again, was nescafe ever unique?
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    No one wants jack to replace the bear...come on...Its a case by case of whats more important: Quality or uniqueness. Sometimes you get both. Sometimes you get unique garbage. Sometimes you get generic quality. Its all about which is more important in each situation. I think coffee(especially at DL ) warrants the loss of a bit of uniqueness in favor of better quality. But then again, was nescafe ever unique?
    Nope, but it wasn't a mall chain either. I get you guys want good coffee, but how about going a different unique route?

Quote Originally Posted by 4th Gen Disney Fan View Post
    How is Nescafe unique?
    Not a chain store you can find in the mall in every city, in every town.
    Do you buy Nescafe coffee at the grocery store?

Nope, but it wasn't a mall chain either. I get you guys want good coffee, but how about going a different unique route?
    Mall chain, grocery store crap. Its equally evil in my book. One just tastes better. They could have gone unique but I don't know any unique brands or companies that can make coffee as consistently and quickly as Starbucks can. You also can't forget there is already a huge and proven market out there who want and will buy their coffee. Plus SB has a HUGE amount of diverse drinks available catering to a wide range of customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    Mall chain, grocery store crap. Its equally evil in my book. One just tastes better. They could have gone unique but I don't know any unique brands or companies that can make coffee as consistently and quickly as Starbucks can. You also can't forget there is already a huge and proven market out there who want and will buy their coffee. Plus SB has a HUGE amount of diverse drinks available catering to a wide range of customers.
    You also can't forget there is already a huge and proven market out there who want and will buy their coffee.
    And there is a perfect word for those :
    Sheeple - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Yes they sell Nescafe coffee in the store.

Its right next to the packets of Starbucks
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

Yes they sell Nescafe coffee in the store.
    Do you buy it?

Thats a cheap shot.
    That's why it was done with a wink. And why is it a cheap shot? It wasn't directed towards you or anybody in particular.

While I can buy it at the store, I don't because it tastes like junk. I don't really see how this proves your point.

"I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

And there is a perfect word for those :
    Sheeple - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    One could say the same for everybody that visits a Disney Theme Park....

Quote Originally Posted by 4th Gen Disney Fan View Post
    One could say the same for everybody that visits a Disney Theme Park....
    That's a cheap shot.....

edit-wren edited his/her post so you may not get the context of my reply.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Do you buy it?
    Nope, but its there in every store.
    -Dr. Strange

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast