Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Indiana Jones / Radiator Springs Racers effects

Quote Originally Posted by Eric5675 View Post
    actually, the very last tractor doesn't tip- it's meant to be down all the time.
    are you sure? I was on this ride within the first few days of its opening and I could've sworn every tractor tipped over. It was really impressive and it would be a shame if they couldn't make this effect work in the long run.

• DL College Program 97/98

My favorite Indy effect failure was a couple of years ago. We entered the "rat hall" and instead of projected rats on the smoke, there was projected a large projector warning message - [CHANGE BULB] - with a bulb icon.

I couldn't stop laughing for almost a half-hour.

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by sgtfox View Post
    My favorite Indy effect failure was a couple of years ago. We entered the "rat hall" and instead of projected rats on the smoke, there was projected a large projector warning message - [CHANGE BULB] - with a bulb icon.

I couldn't stop laughing for almost a half-hour.
    That's perfect! Someone needs to find a picture of that.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

• Tony Baxter Fan Club

-
    Oh wow...

( Change bulb...)

Reminds me of a old joke at Imagineering.....i am sure everyone here already knows it...

•   

everything was working fine on saturday with RSR but the doors were wide open on indiana jones hopefully that got fixed

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Sometimes we have to stop worrying, and just let it be. This will not ruin a first timers experience. The rides are still spectacular, and will blow them away. Disneyland is like live theatre, things happen. Now for an audience, it's if you draw attention to the fact that something wrong happened that they will notice. So in all honesty, don't let little mishaps bother you. Worrying doesn't get you anything. It is out of your control. Instead, enjoy the wonder that will surely be in your friends eyes, and if something on a ride isn't correct, keep it to yourself, and see if they say anything.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Filmmaker

Analyst, while I completely agree, attractions like Indy, where things are not working seemingly more often then they are are somewhat disappointing. It never ruins the experience, but it does diminish it.

I understand that that attraction is one of the more technically complex on the property, but I just wish they could find a way to get all (or most) of the bugs worked out once and for all. Even if it took an extended closure.

• Loves Disney

For RSR the very last tractor is permanently tipped open because the effect that hasn't been working since the 3rd or 4th week of opening. The effect is the exhaust pipe of the tractor used to blow a puff white cloud towards you. I believe it's in one of the hundreds of videos on youtube.

• Parking Lot > DCA

I could be wrong, but after you pass the second Mater AA, you're facing two tractors that tip right? Then there is a bush and the third tractor is tipped as well (right before Frank appears). So maybe the third tractor is permanently tipped? It makes sense, because you wouldn't see it actually tipping due to the bush. But I haven't been on the ride in a while so I could be mistaken.

Yeah the doors on Indy were stuck open on Sunday but really other than that it looks great! As for RSR, I'm pretty sure that last tractor doesn't tip. It's already down in my video from Media Day. It's a shame the smoke puffing doesn't work though. The only other effect that I noticed that wasn't working was that doc Hudson didn't turn to face our car when we came out of Ramone's.

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    Sometimes we have to stop worrying, and just let it be. This will not ruin a first timers experience. The rides are still spectacular, and will blow them away. Disneyland is like live theatre, things happen. Now for an audience, it's if you draw attention to the fact that something wrong happened that they will notice. So in all honesty, don't let little mishaps bother you. Worrying doesn't get you anything. It is out of your control. Instead, enjoy the wonder that will surely be in your friends eyes, and if something on a ride isn't correct, keep it to yourself, and see if they say anything.
    I agree, but when the doors are stuck open it kind of ruins the illusion of three choices and one of the great reveals of the park when you see that jeep in front.

I just don't understand why if the doors worked for years and years they suddenly are very problematic these last few (2?) years with exception of the first couple weeks after the refurb.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Well the internet is a lot different these days then back then. Could there not have been as many problems that just went unreported or unnoticed as it was so new? As well, we didnt have the instant communication we have now. And I mean.. with age comes.. wrinkles...

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    Well the internet is a lot different these days then back then. Could there not have been as many problems that just went unreported or unnoticed as it was so new? As well, we didnt have the instant communication we have now. And I mean.. with age comes.. wrinkles...
    But there are people still around who have been riding Indy for awhile, and I know from my experiences the first time I saw the doors broken was 2011, The four trips between 2000, and 2011 they worked fine. Yes with age comes wrinkles, but that is what the refurb was for. Something has got to be up, because it's a set of doors that just has to open and close, not much else to it, it would seem.

• Filmmaker

As long as I can remember that attraction has been really hit-or-miss. For all the times I've been to the park I can probably count all the flawless ride-throughs without using all my fingers.

The original version of Test Track had a lot of similar issues: both rides were extremely technically complex and both were the first of their kind. Later iterations on each one have a higher success rate (at least from my understanding).

Now that the attraction is nearing its 20th anniversary I would really love to see them take it down for an extensive refurb to flesh out some of the more cheap looking show elements (rat projection, anyone?) and take some time to iron out all of the kinks in the system. Finally allow this attraction to work consistently the way it was always intended to.
    Last edited by Illusion0fLife; 03-22-2013 at 08:46 AM.

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion0fLife View Post
    As long as I can remember that attraction has been really hit-or-miss. For all the times I've been to the park I can probably count all the flawless ride-throughs without running using all my fingers.

The original version of Test Track had a lot of similar issues: both rides were extremely technically complex and both were the first of their kind. Later iterations on each one have a higher success rate (at least from my understanding).

Now that the attraction is nearing its 20th anniversary I would really love to see them take it down for an extensive refurb to flesh out some of the more cheap looking show elements (rat projection, anyone?) and take some time to iron out all of the kinks in the system. Finally allow this attraction to work consistently the way it was always intended to.
    If that's what it takes to get doors that can consistently open and close I'm all for it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast