Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MaliBOOMer

Indiana Jones / Radiator Springs Racers effects

Going to Disneyland next week with some friends taking two first timers. I was wondering what to expect as far as Indiana Jones's effects go. Are the chamber of destiny doors back to being stuck open? Anything else significant break since the refurb? I just kind of want to know so I'm not disappointed when the time comes. Also anything significant out of order on RSR?
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

• Vidia's Minion

Re: Indiana Jones / Radiator Springs Racers effects

Both have been in very good shape for me the last couple of times I've went. There might be something odd not working at a given time but over all things seem to be going well.

• Evil is Sexy

The only thing that was malfunctioning when we were there a couple of weeks ago in Indiana Jones was the rat projections near the end were not on, so the room was pitch black with just rodent noises. They had a bit of a back-up too, so we'd have our jeep "malfunction" a couple of times each ride as they stalled the amount of jeeps returning to the load area.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    The only thing that was malfunctioning when we were there a couple of weeks ago in Indiana Jones was the rat projections near the end were not on, so the room was pitch black with just rodent noises. They had a bit of a back-up too, so we'd have our jeep "malfunction" a couple of times each ride as they stalled the amount of jeeps returning to the load area.
    Thanks, the rat scene isn't exactly spectacular when it's working anyway. I'm just worried those darn chamber of destiny doors will be stuck open revealing the jeep in front of you. It kind of kills it.

• Evil is Sexy

The Doors work really well now and Sallah's end voiceover matches to the door selection again.

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    So that is normal? Although I have ridden Indy numerous times, I had that happen to my party last Wednesday at just about park closing time at the end of the chamber where you are assaulted by what I think are supposed to be spears (well, blasts of air).

I had never had it happen before, and thought it was kind of cool. We are not locals, and only get to visit every couple years, so all that was new to me, hearing the jeep engine cranking over trying to "restart".

What was not so cool was that when we got to Indy hanging from his rope awaiting the boulder, everything stopped for what seemed like a minute or so. There was no audio, and no boulder. After that brief pause, everything resumed normally.

Before we had gotten on, the ride appeared to have gone completely down, and even the lights in the queue in the final chamber room prior to Sala's film were at a slightly higher than normal level and not flickering. Once the ride resumed, the lighting effects went back to normal.

As for RSR, we rode for the 1st time on Tuesday, and then again on Thursday morning. On Thursday, the ride was down for a solid two hours from rope drop until about 11am. I have no clue what was wrong, but cars were circulating on track without riders while things were sorted out. When we did ride, everything appeared to be normal.

This was our first time in Carsland, and setting aside the down time, we were seriously impressed.

Brian
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My Avatar: Duck vs. Monorail, Disneyland 3/18/11

• Foolish Mortal

On Friday night I went on RSR and noticed that in Luigi's Tire Shop, the whitewalls weren't lined up with the vehicle's wheels on the mirror after he changes your tires.

• Parking Lot > DCA

The last 3 times I've been on Indy, the doors at the Chamber of Destiny have not worked. 2 out of those 3 times, the doors were already open before we got there from the last car.

It's really hit or miss with Indy.

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    The last 3 times I've been on Indy, the doors at the Chamber of Destiny have not worked. 2 out of those 3 times, the doors were already open before we got there from the last car.

It's really hit or miss with Indy.
    That's what I was afraid of, ok thank you.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    That's what I was afraid of, ok thank you.
    Rode it tonight, same problem with the door at the beginning. However, when the parks are busy like they are right now, I feel like the amount of ride vehicles they push through have a serious impact on some of the effects. Everything else worked great though.

The Indy doors were fixed during the last refurb but as exploding boy already mentioned, it's already a hit or miss with the effect, specifically on crowded days when they run at a higher capacity which leaves no "reset" time as they're just trying to quickly cycle the trucks through. As far as RSR, all of the effects work with the exception of just that ONE car tractor that always remains permanently tipped over, grrr. On that same note, during my last visit it was fairly crowded and when entering Luigi's Tire Shop, the curtain only remained open for a few mere seconds before we were rushed off to the starting line. The difference was super noticeable only because my friends and I are accustomed to taking pictures of ourselves in the mirror and usually have plenty of time to do so. But again, they were probably running the ride at a faster rate to handle the crowds. Other than those minor slips, both Indy and RSR are in pretty good working order, at least in my book. Hope you have fun! It's always a better experience with first timers.

• Evil is Sexy

I, personally, think the first room after the "mara eye curse" is initiated is too bright. I can see the ceiling tiles and air vents. They need to dim the lights just a little bit. Other than that, the refurbishment and effects look great.

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

Quote Originally Posted by jacquemeetsworld View Post
    The Indy doors were fixed during the last refurb but as exploding boy already mentioned, it's already a hit or miss with the effect, specifically on crowded days when they run at a higher capacity which leaves no "reset" time as they're just trying to quickly cycle the trucks through. As far as RSR, all of the effects work with the exception of just that ONE car tractor that always remains permanently tipped over, grrr. On that same note, during my last visit it was fairly crowded and when entering Luigi's Tire Shop, the curtain only remained open for a few mere seconds before we were rushed off to the starting line. The difference was super noticeable only because my friends and I are accustomed to taking pictures of ourselves in the mirror and usually have plenty of time to do so. But again, they were probably running the ride at a faster rate to handle the crowds. Other than those minor slips, both Indy and RSR are in pretty good working order, at least in my book. Hope you have fun! It's always a better experience with first timers.
    actually, the very last tractor doesn't tip- it's meant to be down all the time.
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric5675 View Post
    actually, the very last tractor doesn't tip- it's meant to be down all the time.
    Ahhhh, didn't realize that. I remember when they were all permanently tipped for a few months and it used to irk the mess outta me. At least now I can stop stressing about it, haha. Thanks for the correction!
    Last edited by jacquemeetsworld; 03-19-2013 at 10:32 PM.

• New Member Goes Forth

Indiana Jones has been refurbished recently, and looks good. Radiiator Springs Racers have been faultless and the tiping tractors work, so they are both good rides
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast