Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Recent Disney Survey asks many questions about Star Wars; anyone else getting the

The following was my response on a thread on FB to someone with the same thoughts as you:
    "... the article says that Disney is sending out surveys to see if people are interested in a "Star Wars section". If it's accurate, then that tells me it would be another "land". That would be much more feasible; they might find room for that
    . To create a whole new park, like they did for 'California Adventure', it takes a great deal more planning, real-estate and rearranging (and $$$).
    Disney has already invested so much money, time, resources and thought into creating, expanding and refurbishing Disney California Adventure Park and the Downtown Disney District that there's really no more room on the property for anything more than simply a new "land". The logistics of it are staggering! The only way I could see them creating a whole new park is to buy out a large section of hotels and restaurants across Harbor Blvd. and build their own bridge across it, or do something similar with the neighborhood to the west across Walnut Street. (I wouldn't be too surprised if Disney pulled that off). They don't really have enough parking lot space left to turn into another park without also tearing down the Disneyland hotel and some of the Downtown Disney District.
    Besides...if it's merely another land of Disneyland then it would be included in the price of admission!"
    Check out maps.google.com and click on satellite...there's really no available land to create a whole new park.
    Last edited by KM63; 03-22-2013 at 01:21 PM. Reason: spelling

• Vidia's Minion

Re: Recent Disney Survey asks many questions about Star Wars; anyone else getting the

Quote Originally Posted by soothseyer View Post
    .such as if you prefer the classic trilogy or the prequels
    Can this even be a serious question?

• The High 5 & Waving Goth

Quote Originally Posted by KM63 View Post
    The following was my response on a thread on FB to someone with the same thoughts as you:
    "... the article says that Disney is sending out surveys to see if people are interested in a "Star Wars section". If it's accurate, then that tells me it would be another "land". That would be much more feasible; they might find room for that
    . To create a whole new park, like they did for 'California Adventure', it takes a great deal more planning, real-estate and rearranging (and $$$).
    Disney has already invested so much money, time, resources and thought into creating, expanding and refurbishing Disney California Adventure Park and the Downtown Disney District that there's really no more room on the property for anything more than simply a new "land". The logistics of it are staggering! The only way I could see them creating a whole new park is to buy out a large section of hotels and restaurants across Harbor Blvd. and build their own bridge across it, or do something similar with the neighborhood to the west across Walnut Street. (I wouldn't be too surprised if Disney pulled that off). They don't really have enough parking lot space left to turn into another park without also tearing down the Disneyland hotel and some of the Downtown Disney District.
    Besides...if it's merely another land of Disneyland then it would be included in the price of admission!"
    Check out maps.google.com and chick on satellite...there's really no available land to create a whole new park.
    Very good point. From what I've heard (can be true or false) is that Disney supposedly owns a majority of the property these third party hotels are sitting on, as well as the Anaheim Gardenwalk...which, I do like...except for the fact it's rather limiting.

I'm not so sure about the properties west of the Resort (Walnut St. and beyond) but they would probably be getting themselves into a hairy situation if they tried to push those residents out...their best bet is moving eastbound, but it is true they do not have a lot of land to work with, unless they decide to take over the properties south (Convention Center, Hilton, etc.)

Parking is still a pretty big issue. I know they use the Gardenwalk as overflow, Simba Lot is also available (but it's a horrible walk during warm weather; perhaps they demolish and rebuild it as a structure with a tram route) and some lot adjacent to the Gardenwalk (not sure what it's called but I saw them directing people there too. I know during NAMM and the Scrapbook Expo, they were using the Toy Story lot as Convention Center parking.

It all boils down to how can they accommodate the third park, and if so, how will it affect traffic patterns as well as attendance. I do know for sure this will send admission up even closer to $100+ and it will affect APs should plans of a 3rd park come to light.

Money makes the world go 'round...let's all hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
    Can this even be a serious question?
    I know for one I love the classics! What are these "prequels" they speak of?

Very good point. From what I've heard (can be true or false) is that Disney supposedly owns a majority of the property these third party hotels are sitting on, as well as the Anaheim Gardenwalk...which, I do like...except for the fact it's rather limiting.

I'm not so sure about the properties west of the Resort (Walnut St. and beyond) but they would probably be getting themselves into a hairy situation if they tried to push those residents out...their best bet is moving eastbound, but it is true they do not have a lot of land to work with, unless they decide to take over the properties south (Convention Center, Hilton, etc.)

Parking is still a pretty big issue. I know they use the Gardenwalk as overflow, Simba Lot is also available (but it's a horrible walk during warm weather; perhaps they demolish and rebuild it as a structure with a tram route) and some lot adjacent to the Gardenwalk (not sure what it's called but I saw them directing people there too. I know during NAMM and the Scrapbook Expo, they were using the Toy Story lot as Convention Center parking.

It all boils down to how can they accommodate the third park, and if so, how will it affect traffic patterns as well as attendance. I do know for sure this will send admission up even closer to $100+ and it will affect APs should plans of a 3rd park come to light.

Money makes the world go 'round...let's all hope for the best.
    Exactly, on all counts. If they DO own the properties to the East, then I could see that happening and I'm sure they would pay those companies occupying them to their satisfaction but it would create new issues with immediate area lodging. Gardenwalk and convention center?...I think that would piss a lot of people off who would like a non-Disney experience. The satellite parking lots?.....IDK. All those things seem too physically disconnected to align with Disney's typical M.O. of park placement. But that's just the way I'm looking at it. Actually, after looking at it again, the Gardenwalk and Convention Center are right there...just across streets so physically, I could see that as a possibility!
    Last edited by KM63; 03-22-2013 at 01:53 PM.

I like them all, although my least favorite is Episode 1. To me, however, it had it's good points too. Back story being the biggest.

Exactly, on all counts. If they DO own the properties to the East, then I could see that happening and I'm sure they would pay those companies occupying them to their satisfaction but it would create new issues with immediate area lodging. Gardenwalk and convention center?...I think that would piss a lot of people off who would like a non-Disney experience. The satellite parking lots?.....IDK. All those things seem too physically disconnected to align with Disney's typical M.O. of park placement. But that's just the way I'm looking at it. AC tually, after looking at it again, the Gardenwalk and Convention Center are right there...just across streets so physically, I could see that as a possibility!
    I understand what you mean. I don't think they'd touch the CC even if they were desperate, but Gardenwalk (from what I've heard) needs some help because it's not pulling enough people but it reminds me of how stores say "SALES" and it's all smoke and mirrors.

I googled "Anaheim Resort" to see what would pop up. This is from a Wikipedia entry (and it may not be completely correct but it's probably pretty close) and unfortunately, I can't find a map of the ARD on Anaheim's official site. This will have to do (for now):

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q...esort&ie=UTF-8

• Disneyland Dreamin'

"These aren't the Star Wars movies you're looking for..."

I love Star Wars, but it is so expansive with all of the different worlds and places, I think it would be overwhelming to try and fit it all into one "land".

• DL Nerd

Here is a link to a pic of the survey...

Is Disneyland Getting a Star Wars Land?
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Interesting! If they can pull this off, this could definitely be Disney's answer to Potterland at USH.

...such as if you prefer the classic trilogy or the prequels,
    And where would this leave the new, upcoming sequels?

My money is on a Marvel, Star Wars, Oz, Avatar, and whatever else going into the new third theme park.

However, I wonder if they would move Star Tour to the thrid theme park and free up more space in Tomorrowland.
    Last edited by Brisal73; 03-23-2013 at 01:27 PM.

www.mouseexpedtion.net
    Your Ultimate Tour Guide to the Disneyland Resort

• Bring back the Keelboats!

My last survey was done in the Park and was about my dining experience.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Unhelpful User

Check out maps.google.com and click on satellite...there's really no available land to create a whole new park.
    Sadly They Always find space!

Since DLR in Anaheim runs at or near capacity they could buy land further away and start a new complex. They almost did it with "Port Disney" in Long Beach (and the proposed conversion of Knott's into "Disney's America") but maybe they went the wrong geographical direction and they should move further inland to cheaper land. It might have been risky if they tried to do it with the same media properties they're already using (classic characters, princesses, etc.) but now that they have Star Wars I can't imagine not having an audience *wherever* they built it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast