Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Recent Disney Survey asks many questions about Star Wars; anyone else getting the

My girlfriend was also asked to do one of those early this week when we were there...and she did....and I wasn't allowed in.

Re: Recent Disney Survey asks many questions about Star Wars; anyone else getting the

To me what would be sad is if they found enough land to build a whole new park.....there goes my premium AP price, through the roof! Haha!

Yeah, that would be, specifically, the Holiday Inn-Anaheim Resort. It's one of many hotels I've been researching for my next stay.
    What I always do is go to maps.google.com (which is what your link is but I type it in directly to the search window) then my computer automatically puts me in "Satellite" mode because that's what I've chosen. You can choose that in the upper right corner of the screen. You can usually zoom in fairly close and for most city streets there is a "street view" option. You can also download an "Earth" mode. The satellite images are usually no more than 6-9 months old and you can get a bird's eye view of just about anything you want...from satellite altitude down to about 500 feet in many cases. (Estimate)

Wife got this survey last week and told me about it...
    She seemed it pointed to a new land, but she would hope it would be in DCA rather than Tomorrowland. (IE: Put it in the Hollywood Backlot area, and move Star Tours there also, use the old Star Tour Area to refresh Tommorrowland).

Quote Originally Posted by KM63 View Post
    To me what would be sad is if they found enough land to build a whole new park.....there goes my premium AP price, through the roof! Haha!
    The Toy Story Lot has ALWAYS been considered the site of a "3rd gate". In fact it's tagged with a short-term (10 years if I remember) permit as a parking lot.

• Closed Account

They're expanding Tomorrowland in Paris to be Star Wars...why is that OK there but not here?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pinkertonfloyd View Post
    The Toy Story Lot has ALWAYS been considered the site of a "3rd gate". In fact it's tagged with a short-term (10 years if I remember) permit as a parking lot.
    This. There's already enough land in the former STRAWBERRY FIELD Property (now TOY STORY PARKING LOT) to build a third park.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    This. There's already enough land in the former STRAWBERRY FIELD Property (now TOY STORY PARKING LOT) to build a third park.
    But then where will all the cars in Toy Story park? The resort needs that lot now especially with Cars Land pulling in so many people.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

That's where a Pumbaa Parking Garage, an extension of Mickey and Friends or.... IMAGINE... public transportation come in.

Maybe we won't need another giant garage if they build a high speed rail line through California.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    That's where a Pumbaa Parking Garage, an extension of Mickey and Friends or.... IMAGINE... public transportation come in.

Maybe we won't need another giant garage if they build a high speed rail line through California.
    The "high speed rail" boondoggle will go between Merced and Bakersfield. And it won't actually be high-speed (don't believe the Wikipedia page, it's maintained by the people who stole the money to do it). That won't help out-of-state visitors to the park at all, unless they somehow move Disneyland to Bakersfield...

I think Disney has even abandoned the idea of a third gate at the Toy Story lot as they realized they seriously need the parking space and it's better than building another garage.

Disney is concerned with increasing the value of the existing parks by adding new things. Burbank is well aware that Disneyland is not a museum, and the only way to spark more visitors to the park is to add new attractions. The addition of Cars Land to DCA only helps this line of thinking, so anything Star Wars they come up with will likely be an addition to Disneyland.

Back before Disney bought Lucasfilm, Lucas was preparing a live action Star Wars television series. Fox really wanted it, but ABC did as well. Apparently part of ABC's bargaining was an offer to transform Tomorrowland into a Star Wars land to promote the show.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123