Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• The High 5 & Waving Goth

Recent Disney Survey asks many questions about Star Wars; anyone else getting these?

I opened my inbox just a few minutes ago to be presented with a survey request from Disney.

I didn't think much of it from the first question, but when they started asking about Star Wars and everything Star Wars related, I became intrigued. Spoiler alert: They do ask how you feel about a Star Wars themed land inside the resort!

Anyone else getting this specific survey?

Re: Recent Disney Survey asks many questions about Star Wars; anyone else getting the

interesting, I haven't gotten that yet.

Are you an AP holder?

Re: Recent Disney Survey asks many questions about Star Wars; anyone else getting the

Yes. I have a fever...and the only prescription is more Disney.

I do know that they have been pretty aggressive at establishing contact with guests lately. Not in the manner of "TAKE THIS! TAKE THIS SURVEY!" but they definitely want to know your opinion...

I recently let my fever lapse, so maybe thats why I haven't gotten it.

I'm not one of the cool kids anymore

•   
    • Banned User

Very cool, thanks for sharing. There mere presence of a question like that at least hints at what they're considering.

They do ask quite a few questions regarding Star Wars...such as if you prefer the classic trilogy or the prequels, what places would you like to visit in the SW universe, asking about the characters and if you know them or not, who'd you like to meet...it goes on and on. I almost didn't get to eat because I was hooked!

I wonder what the final consensus will be. I know quite a few people here on MC don't like the idea of it...and some do.

In the end, majority rule will determine whether or not Disney will integrate SW into the resort...

• Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by soothseyer View Post
    ...if you prefer the classic trilogy or the prequels
    I very much hope that the results from this question are overwhelmingly in favor of the original trilogy. I'm more than okay with a Star Wars land (though, not in a Magic Kingdom style park) but if it's filled with podracing, Gungans, and Trade Federation Droids I'm going to have the biggest of fits.

Tatooine, Yavin IV, Hoth, Dagobah, Bespin, the forest moon of Endor, and Space are the primary locations that should be drawn from for a Star Wars land.

I won't mind a Star Wars Land but please don't turn Tomorrowland into one.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

Quote Originally Posted by mondo View Post
    I won't mind a Star Wars Land but please don't turn Tomorrowland into one.

Agreed. Tomorrowland (heck Disneyland in general) needs to get back to actual imagineering instead of taking the lazy way out.

Star Wars land would be cool, but not in Disneyland and certainly not in Tomorrowland.

• Minion

So you said you definitely would not like a Star Wars themed land, right? :P

I think it's interesting that this survey is coming out. Does this imply it's already in the works and they're gauging interest to move forward? Is this just an idea they've begun to toss around/flesh out? Is the survey just a green light for a long-running idea?

No comment. Haha I don't mind a SW themed land but I mentioned not to do it in TL...and I did mention TL has been destroyed and derailed from the original concept, and asked them to think about "What Would Walt Do?"

I believe this survey is part of TDA's plans but it's so hard to tell since most CMs will tell us just about anything far from the truth (unless we personally know someone on the inside who really does know...but even then, that's risky). I really do hope they listen to everyone they do contact.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...TL needs a lot of TLC from TDA. I used to love TL as a kid...I still do, but much of what made TL the place it was is almost gone except for ST, SM, and Autopia. Although, Autopia, to me, feels out of place...Innoventions is an honorable mention but it could've been better executed.

I'm a multi-time premium AP holder for the Disneyland Resort but I haven't gotten an e-mail or post on my FB thread from Disney about this yet. One of my FB friends shared a post about this subject from another website so I started searching. So here I am, a new member, talking about it.
    I would love a "Star Wars" land at Disneyland, (Most indicators point to it going there) but I'm not sure where they'd put it and I wouldn't want them to COMPLETELY redo Tomorrowland!

That would be awesome!

(Original trilogy, please)

• The doctor is in

Of course they would start doing this.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Star Wars deserves more than just a small area in Disneyland, they need to make a whole separate theme park to represent different planets properly. That strawberry field would be a good candidate.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast