Change in ride photo prints

Over the weekend I had family and friends visiting and decided to do a 3 day trip to DLR. In the past they enjoyed getting on ride prints. Normally a 5x7 which I believe was 14.95 with a digital download. Last time I got a photo was probably 5 months ago so this change may not be new. This time around you can't just get a 5x7 print, you have to get a 5x7 with 4 wallets and the digital download, all for 18.95.

Why would you need wallet size for an on ride photo? Who uses wallet photos anymore? Okay maybe for school photos. On top of that you have to cut the photos yourself!

Ugh Disney...why?

While at DCA I used the free photo with my Disney Chase card and it came in just a 5x7.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: Change in ride photo prints

They still offer wallet sized photos for kids school photos. So apparently someone is using them. When I have to get the wallet size in a school photo package, just to get the 8x10 and 2 5x7's, I just send those wallets to out of state family.

But then again, I usually scan the 8x10 and just send a photo through email so yeah...I get your point.

• Queen Elsa

Same reason why when I was at Wal-Mart today and got one of the photos I took with Ariel done in a wallet size. I still use them myself.

School photos I can understand. I still see those, not as much as I use too. Even portraits of family or characters I still can see. Rides photos I see as a terrible idea. Your already so small in the ride photo then the wallet is smaller, you can barely see the people!

Wallet photos I have always looked at is something you keep for yourself of loved ones (family and/or friends). Usually on the ride you are going to have some strangers show up, lol. Just my two cents.

• Minion

Still waiting on the solo digital download option...Whoever had the idea of a $1 digital download on photos is a genius. I can absolutely see that this would severely cut the amount of people who buy prints at Disneyland, but Disney sent 72 DPI copies through email, this would deter those who would print at home. Charge a higher rate for 300 DPI (printing quality) digital downloads.

•   
    • Minion

everyone in my family who inst me loves their wallet photos.

• Selfie Expert

If I'm understanding correctly, OP was complaining about the fact that you're forced to buy wallets if you want the 5x7, moreso than complaining about wallets being available in general, right?

If so, I totally agree. I don't care if wallets are available or who uses them, but to force you to pay more to get more (that you may not want or need) if aggravating. It's nothing new, as another poster said they had to do that with their kid's school photos, but it's yet another reason I won't be purchasing ride photos.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    If I'm understanding correctly, OP was complaining about the fact that you're forced to buy wallets if you want the 5x7, moreso than complaining about wallets being available in general, right?

If so, I totally agree. I don't care if wallets are available or who uses them, but to force you to pay more to get more (that you may not want or need) if aggravating. It's nothing new, as another poster said they had to do that with their kid's school photos, but it's yet another reason I won't be purchasing ride photos.
    Bingo! I don't need wallets for ride photos. Also don't want to have to cut them out since the photos print on the same sheet.

Oh, that sucks. I got a 5x7 photo of us on California Screamin' last year and was thinking to do the same this year, but not if I HAVE to buy wallets too. I don't want to be forced to pay for pics I neither want nor need. I'm doing photopass+ this year, so hopefully that will make it a moot issue.