View Poll Results: Multiple Choice: Which attractions aren't Disney enough? Select all that apply.

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Winnie the Pooh ride

1 1.67%
  • King Arthur's Carousel

0 0%
  • Toon Town

2 3.33%
  • Tahitian Terrace/Plaza Inn

0 0%
  • Innoventions

25 41.67%
  • Buzz Lightyear / Astro Orbitor / Starcade / Captain EO / Tomorrowland

2 3.33%
  • Empty Motorboat Cruise dock and Skyway stations

15 25.00%
  • DCA's Jumpin' Jellyfish, Golden Zephyr, ferris wheel and the wave swinger

8 13.33%
  • a bugs land

2 3.33%
  • California Screamin' and/or Goofy's Flight School

5 8.33%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Not-Disney-Enough attractions that don't belong in Disneyland and DCA?

INNOVENTIONS is pathetic, agreed.

Redo or get rid of Bugs Land. Also Jumping Jellyfish. Just get rid of it completely.

• The Pumpkin King

Damn, sucks that I cant vote for more than one option on the poll here, lol.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

After seeing mystic manor.......I'd say just about every ride after Indy has not really meet Disney Standards...Cars of course is the exception but really should it take 15 years to get a real E ticket at the parks?

• The Steampunk Dread Baron

I still don't get why people have a vendetta against the Fun Wheel. If it was a regular ferris wheel, I would understand, however, the Fun Wheel is a in fact a very rare ride... only three are in existence... One on Coney Island, one in Japan, and the one at DCA, that's it. There are only three Wonder Wheels in existence.

The fountain of youth really is in Florida... thats why they built Walt Disney World where they did.

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    After seeing mystic manor.......I'd say just about every ride after Indy has not really meet Disney Standards...Cars of course is the exception but really should it take 15 years to get a real E ticket at the parks?
    I agree! Also JerroDRagon, that was SO COOL!

Mystic Manor * Hong Kong Disneyland - YouTube

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by TL59 View Post
    If there's one thing in Disneyland that's just not relevant to anything at all, I'd have to say the Starcade. I just wish they would do something a lot more useful or fun with that building, and the two stories that it has. I hate walking out of Space Mountain, going nuts over what just happened, and then seeing Guitar Hero.
    Lol I agree. I myself love video games, even as a kid that's mainly all I did. But every time since I was a kid that I have walked past the Starcade, I to this day still don't understand why someone would want to play video games rather than enjoying the park.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by White Bones View Post
    Damn, sucks that I cant vote for more than one option on the poll here, lol.
    I know, I screwed it up, maybe a moderator can fix it??? At least we know that according to our members, the top two eyesores are INNOVENTIONS and the empty MOTOR BOAT LAGOON.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seafaring_ghost View Post
    I still don't get why people have a vendetta against the Fun Wheel. If it was a regular ferris wheel, I would understand, however, the Fun Wheel is a in fact a very rare ride... only three are in existence... One on Coney Island, one in Japan, and the one at DCA, that's it. There are only three Wonder Wheels in existence.
    The Three Wonder Wheels of the World hmmm

• Nutty about Disney parks

I think it's a bit too harsh to suggest we axe TLM or Pooh. Just give both of them major upgrades...particularly the latter. With so much to work with, you could turn that area into a mini-Poohland. Retheme the area to the English countryside like it should be in the movies.

Toontown should be expanded. It's a unique and an imaginative concept but because it is so small, there is very little to work with. It has lots of potential though.

Innoventions works better at Epcot because it is intended to be an educational park. Disneyland not so much.

GSS and Jumpin Jellyfish are the odd ones out in the newly themed Paradise Pier. Do with them what you must I say. The rest of the area is fine once CS gets that full classic retheme.

I always found it odd that they have a carousel called King Arthur's Carousel and yet there is no franchise tie-in with The Sword in the Stone. Wouldn't that feel weird to anyone else?

Well aside from that, Tomorrowland's entire overall theme needs to be reestablished to a space fantasy theme. I think it's the best one that will work for the majority of the land's attractions that are already semi-going along with that concept.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I had only been on Pooh once or twice, I couldn't remember why I didn't like it. Too childish?

So I went on it on Saturday. And I remembered, it's really cheesy, pathetic and sad.

It looks like someone TRYING to do a Disneyland attraction and almost succeeding. "Good job, Fred, it looks just like the real thing!" But for Disney caliber... No.

• Iron-Clad Allie

I checked Toon Town in the survey; not because I want it to be removed. The area needs to be expanded, and more rides/interactive attractions added.

Goofy's Flight School stinks and should be removed. When Disney sends the demolision crew out to demolish it, they should have each of the wingless planes crash land into a ball of fire, as even 4 year old kids know that wingless planes were never meant to be airbourne. The wingless plane notion prop-agates a sky high stench.

A Bugs Land is like a cheap off-the-shelf version of Fantasyland. The place is overdue for an overhaul, with new rides, while the existing rides are lengthened and'or speeded up. If not, the bugs should be visited by the Orkin Man or Raid.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 05-01-2013 at 02:08 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

• -

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    IWith so much to work with, you could turn that area into a mini-Poohland.
    I always thought of the Space Mountain Restrooms as a “mini-Poohland”.

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    I always found it odd that they have a carousel called King Arthur's Carousel and yet there is no franchise tie-in with The Sword in the Stone. Wouldn't that feel weird to anyone else?
    There kind of is. The Sword in the Stone is directly in front of the Carousel. It was more apparent when they were still having the show where kids got to pull the sword out to become king.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• The Pumpkin King

But isn't Toontown just right next to the roads and buildings outside the park? If they were to expand, how would they do it? Same question for any part of DL park.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast