Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Wreck It Ralph Ride?

Quote Originally Posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
    Video games and arcade games are quick to become antiquated and irrelevant and none of said "technology" portrayed in Wreck-It Ralph is particularly futuristic.
    Ehh, I suppose you have a point?? I personally would much rather it just go in DCA and have it's own land. Like I said, it can easily replace a bugs life land with what I think wouldn't make others too sad to see it go?

• Sharkslayer

Quote Originally Posted by disneydisneygeek View Post
    A wreck it ralph attraction fits perfectly in tomorrowland. Wreck it ralph is about video games which is a form of technology which fits perfectly for tomorrowland. A bugs land in DCA is pretty outdated though and a wreck it ralph land to replace it could work. I think that would be a neat thing to give the movie it's whole own section.
    I know. I was trying to put it in Tomorrowland replace Captain EO (but some say that doesn't fit), or at Hollywood Land as an Expansion.

I don't know where to locate it?

• -

A wreck it ralph attraction fits perfectly in tomorrowland. Wreck it ralph is about video games which is a form of technology which fits perfectly for tomorrowland.
    The wheel is technology, too. As are the lever and fulcrum. Perhaps those would make good Tomorrowland attractions a well. The point is that simply being a piece of technology is not enough. It must represent the future to fit in Tomorrowland, not something that is being phased out in modern society.

A bugs land in DCA is pretty outdated though and a wreck it ralph land to replace it could work.
    What does that have to do with CA?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    The wheel is technology, too. As are the lever and fulcrum. Perhaps those would make good Tomorrowland attractions a well. The point is that simply being a piece of technology is not enough. It must represent the future to fit in Tomorrowland, not something that is being phased out in modern society.
    I assume you're talking about how video arcades are being phased out? (Since video games in general seem to be becoming more prevelant.)

Wreck-It Ralph takes place in an arcade, but it also takes place in a virtual, digital universe in which one character is a "glitch." I can see where that could be spun as Tomorrowlandish, especially if the idea was that the normal human guest could somehow enter this world.

However, I agree that it's not perfect because the movie is definitely set in the present. This is the larger issue confronting the parks today. Disneyland was never really designed to accomodate attractions that take place in the present (though a few have snuck in). Most of DCA is now set in the past as well. This is why Pixar-based rides have never really fit the theme, and Ralph is definitely a film in the Pixar mold. What they probably really need is a new park with a philosophy that supports them, rather than being shoe-horned into the pre-existing Disneyland model.

But I'd still take Ralph in Tomorrowland (if done right) over Hollywoodland. The idea of a catch-all movie based attraction land is the antithesis of Disney theming (especially since almost all Disney attractions these days are movie based, so basically what you wind up with is the land where they shove everything that couldn't fit somewhere else.) The idea of entering the world of the games via technology is more compelling to me than entering it via a fakey film set.
    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    I'll go for a single "Wreck It Ralph" themed videogame inside the existing Starcade, nothing less, nothing more.
    Bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by Fernando Mendez View Post
    Okay Okay so we have discussed this concept before and we all agreed it was a great movie and we would love to see a ride....just not in tommorowland....so how about this.....How about they make it in Hollywood Land in California Adventure possible in the old sound stage. or maybe the muppets? or replace monsters inc? or maybe even replace the animation studio....what do you guys think? and if so what would they replace and what kind of ride would it be???
    Wait a minute...wait a minute.... I didn't agree to this. Wreck-It-Ralph was an OK movie that did reasonably well box office business. The idea that Disney needs to build a ride based on any movie they release that is reasonably popular is a false and dangerous premise. A Wreck-It-Ralph ride? The gift shop an the exit wouldn't be very interesting.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

• Sharkslayer

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandTraveler View Post
    Wait a minute...wait a minute.... I didn't agree to this. Wreck-It-Ralph was an OK movie that did reasonably well box office business. The idea that Disney needs to build a ride based on any movie they release that is reasonably popular is a false and dangerous premise. A Wreck-It-Ralph ride? The gift shop an the exit wouldn't be very interesting.
    Don't Dissapoint the fans.

We're trying to get a rival for Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem, Or I'll send you Rude Dexter and Rude Dee Dee to DisneylandTraveler

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    What does Star Wars have to do with Tomorrowland? That story isn't from the future.

• curiouser and curiouser

With Disney releasing 1-2 movies a year, I don't see the need to force Wreck-It-Ralph into the park when it doesn't really fit into any of the existing lands. Don't get me wrong, I thought it was a decent movie, but I'm sure that there will be future movies that will be more appropriate to base an attraction on.

• Sharkslayer

Quote Originally Posted by DLcub View Post
    With Disney releasing 1-2 movies a year, I don't see the need to force Wreck-It-Ralph into the park when it doesn't really fit into any of the existing lands. Don't get me wrong, I thought it was a decent movie, but I'm sure that there will be future movies that will be more appropriate to base an attraction on.
    Except for Hollywood Land. I Mean, Monster's Inc. doesn't fit in that area. Maybe should build a VIDEO GAME ALLEY area.

• The doctor is in

How about re-theming the Wreck-It Ralph games into sideshow games for Paradise Pier?
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    How about re-theming the Wreck-It Ralph games into sideshow games for Paradise Pier?
    actually not idea is not that bad....but what games would they put in? and what kind would they be?

• -

Quote Originally Posted by monster heck View Post
    What does Star Wars have to do with Tomorrowland? That story isn't from the future.
    You're absolutely right. I guess I'm mistaken. Humans have had interstellar tourism for centuries. Nothing futuristic about that. And here I thought that the farthest we have ventured was our own moon.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by Fernando Mendez View Post
    actually not idea is not that bad....but what games would they put in? and what kind would they be?
    Think about the old-fashioned boardwalk games like shooting water to fill up a balloon or rolling skee balls into a space to make a horse race against other players.

One idea could be Sugar Rush. Have a big leaderboard with however many racers from the game. You could make each water shooter look like a different piece of candy and have the player shoot water to make their racer go.
    Same could be for Hero's Duty. Make it like a duck shooting gallery only instead of ducks you are shooting the bugs.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disneyrand1 View Post
    Bingo!
    Game Over.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast