Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Land?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Star Wars Land?

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I would love a Star Wars land, but do not think it fits in at ALL with DCA, and I wouldn't like it in DL.... So I guess I would put it in the dream world with a third gate.
    You see, this is what good Imagineering looks like.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by soothseyer View Post

Well played...made my morning indeed.

I do think Star Wars is bet fit for a 3rd gate because...it's a whole new ball park of ideas that don't really fit with DCA nor Disneyland
    While I also agree that it would be better for a 3rd gate I have to wonder what if the Star Wars area took over the Sub and Autopia area. In this area it would be between FantasyLand and Tomarrowland. A new land there might be a better fit.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by JediPrincess View Post
    I would love nothing more than to see them create a Star Wars land. It actually would fit in really well in California Adventure because George Lucas, the creator of Star Wars is from California and what is more Californian than one of the biggest grossing box office films of all time??
    Walt Disney Studios is located in CA, too. That doesn't mean we should have Maximilian, V.I.N.CENT, and B.O.B. hanging out by the Challenge Trail.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Walt Disney Studios is located in CA, too. That doesn't mean we should have Maximilian, V.I.N.CENT, and B.O.B. hanging out by the Challenge Trail.

LOL.....classic.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

I agree it would look better in the toy story parking lot
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

• is poppin' tags

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I would love a Star Wars land, but do not think it fits in at ALL with DCA, and I wouldn't like it in DL.... So I guess I would put it in the dream world with a third gate.
    Yes! Third gate! Star Wars is soooo rich in characters and atmosphere. It would make a wonderful theme for an entire park. (Just NO Jar Jar!!!)

But getting it to fit with the other 2 existing parks would be a HUGE stretch. How do you Disney-fy it? Mickey in a Jedi outfit comes to mind and I say "no bueno". That could be cute for TL, but not a Star Wars theme park.
    For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
    http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Amen.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Quote Originally Posted by leopardchucks View Post
    It would make a wonderful theme for an entire park. (Just NO Jar Jar!!!)
    "But Misa want to be in a theme pawk too!"
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• Banned User

I love Star Wars, but I don't wanna see this. One attraction is fine. Let's stick to classic Disney properties.

• Inappropriate

A couple things: First of all, there isn't enough land in Tomorrowland to harness the scope of a Star Wars land that would fully satisfy me. So with that said, I would join those of you that say "put it in the third park." Hell, I'd be fine with the whole third park being Star Wars. BUT, we're not even sure a third park will happen. Which brings me to my next point: Let Tomorrowland die already. The only thing there that still represents future technology in the real world is also the most hated wart in Tomorrowland. Just let the land become a science fiction land like it already has. It's much easier to accept. And if that happens, yeah find some room for a Star Wars sub-land. It won't be the scale that would make me happy, but Star Tours isn't enough to satisfy my longing for Star Wars attractions. And yes, this is an extremely selfish and biased opinion.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Selfish poster... I suppose you're not sharing your pizza with us either.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants View Post
    A couple things: First of all, there isn't enough land in Tomorrowland to harness the scope of a Star Wars land that would fully satisfy me. So with that said, I would join those of you that say "put it in the third park." Hell, I'd be fine with the whole third park being Star Wars. BUT, we're not even sure a third park will happen. Which brings me to my next point: Let Tomorrowland die already. The only thing there that still represents future technology in the real world is also the most hated wart in Tomorrowland. Just let the land become a science fiction land like it already has. It's much easier to accept. And if that happens, yeah find some room for a Star Wars sub-land. It won't be the scale that would make me happy, but Star Tours isn't enough to satisfy my longing for Star Wars attractions. And yes, this is an extremely selfish and biased opinion.
    Or... ...they could remake the land so that it focuses on science fact as wellas fiction. Hopeflully this would be a direction for them to go during a remodel (if it ever comes).
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Original Mice-Chatter

Ughno- no Starwars Land- no Avatar Land...this is DISNEYland....

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Disney/Pixar/Lucas/Marvel it's all one company now, some people can't get used to that.

Avatar isn't Disney. But neither were Lucas' properties when they came to Disneyland.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Disney/Pixar/Lucas/Marvel it's all one company now, some people can't get used to that.

Avatar isn't Disney. But neither were Lucas' properties when they came to Disneyland.
    I know this stuff- but still...I don't think any of them deserve their own 'Lands'

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast