Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Land?

• Banned User

Re: Star Wars Land?

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I would love a Star Wars land, but do not think it fits in at ALL with DCA, and I wouldn't like it in DL.... So I guess I would put it in the dream world with a third gate.
    Why would we want a third gate? Having to pay two admissions is bad enough. They could fit Star Wars into DCA. Carsland has nothing to do with California and they worked it in.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Route 66, Car Culture...

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Unless they are doing "Luke and Han go Hollywood," "Malibu Wookiee," or "Tatooine 90210" nothing in that universe fits into CA.
    Skywalker Ranch is in California

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by grrandram View Post
    Why would we want a third gate? Having to pay two admissions is bad enough. They could fit Star Wars into DCA. Carsland has nothing to do with California and they worked it in.
    Cars Land may not be a perfect fit, but California does have a rich car culture and the mother road, Route 66, leads to the Golden State. And though the geology and topography of Cars Land may vary slightly from the Californian desert, it's similar enough to evoke the same wonder and natural beauty. Not to mention the small town straddling the highway, like the town of Radiator Springs, can be found among dozens of highways in California.

Star Wars, on the other hand, lacks a solid connection to the state's history, culture, people, and geography. The only way you could work it into the theme of DCA is by connecting it with Hollywood--and that's a pretty weak tie, considering you could do that with any successful film.

• is poppin' tags

I'm ready for Hoth ice cream.
    For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
    http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

How about a Mos Eisley Cantina bar in DCA.
    “Somehow I can’t believe there are many heights that can’t be scaled by anyone who knows the secret of making dreams come true. This special secret, it seems to me, can be summarized in four Cs. They are Curiosity, Confidence, Courage, and Constancy, and the greatest of these is Confidence. When you believe a thing, believe it all over, implicitly and unquestioningly.” - Walt Disney

Red Face Re: Star Wars Land?

Quote Originally Posted by DreamsofColor View Post
    I believe the Star Wars land rumor is geared toward WDW (possibly Hollywood Studios).

Although I wouldn't mind seeing some more Star Wars in a much needed update of Tomorrowland.

Still a better idea than Avatar in Animal Kingdom!

Haha!

Instead of a Star Wars land, I think they should bring SWW out to California..please!! lol besides, the SW Universe is enough to fill an entire theme park. a SW Land gets a no from me, even though I am a crazy obsessed fangirl.

• Original Mice-Chatter

So we should bulldoze Cars Land?
    Yes- because Marvel/Avatar and Star Wars are the same as Cars- which fits in with it's other Pixar themed areas- like Bugs Life.

No- I don't want a Star Wars Land. Anymore than I think Adventureland should now be Indiana Jones Land.

Not the same- but thanks.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Right Ear View Post
    Skywalker Ranch is in California
    Yeah but that has NOTHING to do with it.

Unless they are doing "Luke and Han go Hollywood," "Malibu Wookiee," or "Tatooine 90210" nothing in that universe fits into CA.
    Technically speaking Radiator Springs is on the Arizona/Utah border, and nobody is complaining about Cars Land in DCA...

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith11618 View Post
    Today's crowd likely isn't interested in science, its one thing to be in the 50's and 60's and 70's when life was more simple, and much of what we have today was something interesting. Today however its much harder to entertain people based on the future, its hard to top what we already have, yes there is space travel, but even that seems to have lost many people's interest, I just dont think the land of tomorrow fits in todays modern world, but that is just my opinion.

It was easier to sell people on the future when life was more simple.
    To are so dead on ! so why not call it "Technology Land" cause today it changes every 3 months right!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xboxtravis7992 View Post
    Technically speaking Radiator Springs is on the Arizona/Utah border, and nobody is complaining about Cars Land in DCA...
    Technically speaking, it's never really clear where it takes place.

However, the STAR WARS universe is clearly not a part of the geography of California. By any stretch of the imagination.

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by xboxtravis7992 View Post
    True. And I wouldn't say that Cars Land is a perfect fit, nor would I pretend that, as one of Disney's most profitable franchises, it was picked out of sheer consideration of how it would enrich the park's Californian theme. Nonetheless, the land possesses qualities that are evocative of Californian life, history, and culture. As I mentioned above, Route 66, car culture, small towns along highways, deserts, etc. are all a part of the state. The fact that Radiator Spring's actual location is never mentioned makes it all the more easy for it to represent the thousands of similar towns found in the states that Route 66 winds through, including California. The massive, awe-inspiring desert scenery, though not a dead-ringer for California's own deserts, still manages to capture the spirit of the desert climate, geography, and topography and the emotions that it evokes. It represents a piece of California that was missing.

Minus the sheer beauty of Cadillac Range, I wasn't thrilled by Cars Land, but I do think that its thematic ties to California are relatively strong. Not perfection, but the connections do exist and are sensible. Much more than anything you can say for Star Wars.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast