Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Land?

Question Star Wars Land?

I saw something about Disney asking APs their opinion about having a Star Wars Land. Would you want it? Personally, no. Star Tours is great but we already have tomorrowland which should not be "sci-fi movies we've bought land" but more "new scientific ideas and inventions land."

• Production Designer

Re: Star Wars Land?

I believe the Star Wars land rumor is geared toward WDW (possibly Hollywood Studios).

Although I wouldn't mind seeing some more Star Wars in a much needed update of Tomorrowland.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

I vote yes. I want Star Wars represented in WDW but if they must bring it to DL/DCA, then a choice would have to be made as to which park it would be put in. I'd love for Star Wars Land to take over A Bug's life, all of it, even A Bug's Life 3D show. As for it being put in DL... I would vote no.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

Star Wars Land = Over-marketing.

That would be one sure fire way of killing a product before it's even reborn.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• Production Designer

Disney over marketing? I've never heard of such a thing

• Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    That would be one sure fire way of killing a product before it's even reborn.
    If everything that has happened to Star Wars in the last 16 years hasn't killed it, nothing can.

More to the point, though. I'd be more than okay with a Star Wars land, possibly at DHS, but I don't want it in any of the Magic Kingdom style parks (including Disneyland).

Right now our Tomorrowland has a major Star Wars attraction and a Star Wars interactive show. I think that's plenty. Tomorrowland needs to be about more than one single property, and I would rather see them play around with other ideas than just shove Star Wars in every empty corner.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    I vote yes. I want Star Wars represented in WDW but if they must bring it to DL/DCA, then a choice would have to be made as to which park it would be put in. I'd love for Star Wars Land to take over A Bug's life, all of it, even A Bug's Life 3D show. As for it being put in DL... I would vote no.
    Unless they are doing "Luke and Han go Hollywood," "Malibu Wookiee," or "Tatooine 90210" nothing in that universe fits into CA.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Unless they are doing "Luke and Han go Hollywood," "Malibu Wookiee," or "Tatooine 90210" nothing in that universe fits into CA.
    Exactly.

And don't say it would fit in Hollywood Land... Because it wouldn't.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Quote Originally Posted by DreamsofColor View Post
    Disney over marketing? I've never heard of such a thing
    Touche!
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

I would love nothing more than to see them create a Star Wars land. It actually would fit in really well in California Adventure because George Lucas, the creator of Star Wars is from California and what is more Californian than one of the biggest grossing box office films of all time??

• Selfie Expert

I would love a Star Wars land, but do not think it fits in at ALL with DCA, and I wouldn't like it in DL.... So I guess I would put it in the dream world with a third gate.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Non-Minion

best post on this thread! So good!
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

• The High 5 & Waving Goth

Well played...made my morning indeed.

I do think Star Wars is bet fit for a 3rd gate because...it's a whole new ball park of ideas that don't really fit with DCA nor Disneyland (although someone should explain to me how Ariel's Undersea Advventure fits with Paradise Pier...that one always baffles me a little but there's also a Bug's Land...and Cars Land...but I like Cars Land...it's nice...but they could've chose a better name.)

As for more Star Wars in Disneyland, they would (and I don't want to give Disney ideas) have to really think hard about it...I want to keep TL as TL, not a mix of TL/Movie/Franchise rides and bad decisions...although, Star Tours can stay.

Just my two cents.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    How would Star Wars land fit in to the California theme? Hint: I don't buy a flimsy "Lucas and Disney are located in California, therefore..." argument.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JediPrincess View Post
    I would love nothing more than to see them create a Star Wars land. It actually would fit in really well in California Adventure because George Lucas, the creator of Star Wars is from California and what is more Californian than one of the biggest grossing box office films of all time??
    No offense, but you get an "F" in Imagineering.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast