Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Joe Flowers

Joe's Easter Egg Hunt at Disney California Adventure - with lots of pictures

When I read on the Disney Blog that there was an Easter Egg hunt at Disney California Adventure, I knew Theresa would want to go do it. Sure enough, when I mentioned it, her first words were "When are we going!" It's part of the Limited Time Magic at Disneyland and it's only going from Monday March 18th through Sunday March 24th. Strange that they're ending it a week before Easter...

I had previously read about the Easter Egg hunt they have at Tokyo Disneyland and was excited they were going to be bringing something similar here!
    On Thursday, we left work at 3pm and headed to the parks! We grabbed our stickers and clue sheet at Oswald's as soon as we entered DCA and for just $5 got our map and stickers.

Some of the people commenting on the Disney Blog were worried they might sell out of the maps before the weekend. No worries from what I can see. They've got plenty of these maps left.

Let's go have an adventure!

Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler

Here's a spoiler alert. If you're going to be going to Disneyland and doing the hunt yourself, skip to the end. I took pictures of all the eggs and where they're located below and you don't want to be spoiled do you?!? Scroll down until you see the

End Spoilers
    line below.

We weren't exactly sure what to expect. How big were these eggs going to be? How easy would they be to find?
    Here's Mickey hanging out on the balcony at Carthay Circle.

Pluto was hiding near the Award Wieners.

Minnie Mouse was hanging out at the Hollywood Backlot.

Over at the Tower of Terror we found Chip hiding behind a palm tree.

And of course right across from him was Dale.

From there we headed into Cars Land. We found Lightning McQueen hiding on top of the Radiator Springs Curios shop.

There was absolutely no surprise that we were going to find Tow Mater in his junkyard.

We meant to find the egg that was "By the Wharf" but after walking around for a bit, we didn't see anything. We walked through the wharf and continued onto the Paradise Pier but still didn't have any luck.

Instead, we continued to the Silly Symphony Swings. There's Donald! All the other eggs we've seen so far have been high up. This is the first one we've seen that was on the ground. Hmm, maybe that's where the one we're missing is.

Of course there would be a Goofy egg near Goofy's Sky School.

Time to go back and look for the egg in Pacific Wharf. There's Daisy! She was definitely the most hidden egg of the bunch.

Hooray! We got them all!

End Spoilers

On the way back to the front of the park, we passed by A Bug's Land and the lemon trees along the path were super fragrant. Fresh lemon blossoms are one of my favorite scents and we had to take the time to stop and smell the flowers. It's the little things that always make you smile.

Congratulations Theresa!

And good job Joe!

Time to go to the Redemption Center! Inside Elias & Co there are a couple tables set up with giant eggs. Once you turn in your sheet, you get to pick an egg and uncover a surprise.

We won a Donald vinylmation key chain.

It was a great experience wandering the parks and finding all the eggs.. As with any "scavenger hunt" event I was worried about it being too crowded and people just standing in front of the eggs pointing them out. I ended up being pleasantly surprised. While we did see other people searching for eggs, there wasn't a single time we didn't find the egg ourselves. I wonder how it's going to be over the weekend.

In the end, it took us a very leisurely hour and fifteen minutes to find all ten eggs and for just $5 it was a cheap date on a Thursday night! We really enjoyed this Limited Time Magic event.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: Joe's Easter Egg Hunt at Disney California Adventure - with lots of pictures

Egg-celent! I can't stress enough, thanks for sharing your good times with us. There are no trip reports I look forward to more!

Looks like loads of fun!

Re: Joe's Easter Egg Hunt at Disney California Adventure - with lots of pictures

Haha we did the egg hunt on Monday and had the exact same problem finding the Daisy egg too!

• Selfie Expert

I wish I could get out there for this!

I really, really enjoy the limited time magic things they're offering, especially ones like this. I think it's great that they're providing new experiences.

Thank you for sharing!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Great report and photos, and very fun little offering on part of park management - here's hoping we see more things like this for guests to do!
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• New Member Goes Forth

Very nice Trip report, thanks for sharing. that was egg-celent
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• World Traveler

Cool. Thanks for sharing.

• I love that tiny bear!

Thank you so much for posting this! I missed the hunt by just a day or three, so it was fun to see where they put the eggs. And you do such a great job narrating, I almost felt like I was there.

Thanks for the report and the pictures; helped start my day on the sunny side up. Looks like the spoilers will prove extremely helpful so that we can make sure to find all of the eggs without being hard-(boiled) pressed to complete the map without scrambling our brains and get the hunt over easy. I'm sure my twins will have a fun time completing the stickers and getting their prize.

You and Theresa are adorable and hilarious ("just $5 it was a cheap date on a Thursday night")!!

Thank you for another great report and the fun egg hunt pics. Reminds me of the "Thumper Egg Hunt" Disneyland hosted in the 80s. Those were the days...

• Minion

I was really skeptical about this, but I'm glad that it's making at least one (two, it seems!) guest smile. Disney's getting a lot of flak for their Limited Time Magic offerings, and this one seemed quite underwhelming, but it seems like a lot of fun after seeing your trip report. Thanks for posting!

• Sock Puppet

how fun! i sw those giant plastic blow eggs at dca the other day!! awesome!!

We did the egg hunt at Epcot today and it took us about 1 hour to complete! It's neat to see the hunt at DCA in comparison! Thank you for posting this!
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Awesome trip report as always! Just curious, is the egg hunt all based on an honor system? Couldn't someone just put all the stickers on their map and say the found them all?

Quote Originally Posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post
    Awesome trip report as always! Just curious, is the egg hunt all based on an honor system? Couldn't someone just put all the stickers on their map and say the found them all?
    IIRC, they don't even check to see if you get them right. and, in fact, u can can redeem your prize without even doing the easter egg hunt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast