Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Minion

Re: New Light Shed on Fastpass+ by Lead Designer of My Disney Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion0fLife View Post
    When it comes to the security of personal information, I'm of the mind that it's better to err on the side of caution than to casually dismiss security leaks as merely a side-effect of new technology.

Proper security of personal information is sort of a big deal. I don't think it's unreasonable to be alarmed by the fact that there are currently flaws in the system in regards to keeping that information safe.
    If the information was displayed in the same manner/format as information should have been--which is what I suspect, considering people were changing other family's vacation plans, which implies that everything appeared normal--then sensitive information was likely not displayed. I can't say with 100% certainty that more important information like credit cards or SSN might have been shown, but often that information cannot be displayed anyway. There's a reason why websites can only show you the last four digits and the rest are asterisks. Information goes in and doesn't easily come out.

I've never had issues with FP either. Were we concerned with making it back to the park at a certain time? No, because we were quite forward-thinking. Example:
    "Say, we have a Fast Pass for Space Mountain at 3. Should we ride Astro Blasters now?"
    "No, it's only 10 AM. Let's go to the Haunted Mansion and we can ride Astro Blasters when we come back for Space Mountain."

Not hard at all. There have been countless threads on MC since I've started reading the forum and far before, I'm sure, about how simple it is to keep track of time. The same goes for MyMagic+. It's not stressful to figure out how to plan your day once you get constraints. It's probably easier because you work around some things and stay flexible. It's hard when you have all of these options in front of you and you have to plan everything you want to do without knowing where to start or end.

• Vidia's Minion

Fast passes don't create stress, the sheer numbers of crowds create stress. :-P
    Last edited by Jayce; 03-26-2013 at 09:26 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
    Fast passes don't create stress, the sheer numbers of crowds create stress. :-P
    FastPasses cause stress to those without them.

Quote Originally Posted by napeterson18 View Post
    Thus, the implementation of My Disney Experience, Fastpass+, and Dining programs which allows you to have things planned far in advanced, thus allowing the family to stay together.
    Hmmm, nice try but I'm not buying it. There is a specific limit to the number of attractions that can be reserved in advance - like 3 a day and only at 1 park if I recall correctly - big deal!!!! 3 popular attractions can be ridden in an hour if you really tried hard enough. What's the calm, cool parent supposed to do when their FastPass+ privileges are exhausted? I suspect they will be frantically running around trying to get normal Fast Passes for the attractions they didn't reserve in advance or miserably waiting in the now longer lines.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneytom View Post
    Hmmm, nice try but I'm not buying it. There is a specific limit to the number of attractions that can be reserved in advance - like 3 a day and only at 1 park if I recall correctly - big deal!!!! 3 popular attractions can be ridden in an hour if you really tried hard enough. What's the calm, cool parent supposed to do when their FastPass+ privileges are exhausted? I suspect they will be frantically running around trying to get normal Fast Passes for the attractions they didn't reserve in advance or miserably waiting in the now longer lines.
    Three reserved Fast Passes are a lot more than none. What is trying "hard enough"? That's the sort of thing executives and vacationers want to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    Three reserved Fast Passes are a lot more than none. What is trying "hard enough"? That's the sort of thing executives and vacationers want to avoid.
    I'm saying that at the Magic Kingdom if you reserved Space Mountain, Mermaid and Stitch (the latter God knows why) you could actually be done with your passes in short order. Thus, the fact that your whole day is "hassle free and sunshine and lollipops" is hardly true since you are going to be scrambling around to get other Fast Passes and wait in long lines to fill the rest of the day.

If Disney executives think that visiting three attractions a day is generous and the public will just embrace their new concept then, well, they are meth addicts or something. Yes, if three FastPass+ come with your park admission then fine, I do suppose three passes are better than none at all. But to unload that type of capital investment and then really only give the public a few passes day and market it as this incredible carefree experience is really stretching the truth. But Disney is used to stretching a lot these days...... look at how they're grasping for straws with "Lame"ited Time Magic - the worst marketing campaign since the EPCOT Daredevil Circus Spectacular and Disneyland's State Farm promotions - geesh. Maybe Eisner should come back.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneytom View Post
    But Disney is used to stretching a lot these days...... look at how they're grasping for straws with "Lame"ited Time Magic - the worst marketing campaign since the EPCOT Daredevil Circus Spectacular and Disneyland's State Farm promotions - geesh. Maybe Eisner should come back.
    In corporate vision and business philosophy he's very much still there, embodied in every decision made by the top executives he promoted and trained, and who in turn promoted and trained their underlings, and so on down the line.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

•   
    • Minion

Well, here's the thing with F+ or MM which might work for some people:

A lot of people, even those who don't plan everything out meticulously, will usually go on vacation with at least one or two "MUST do" activities or attractions. When I went to Bermuda, for instance, I knew I HAD to go snorkelling, see a shipwreck and go to the National Gallery of Art. Everything else was completely flexible but I wanted to make sure I did those three things.

With Disneyland a lot of people might come in with a few must-do rides or experiences. Maybe that's meeting a character or going on RSR or Space Mountain or whatever. That's where F+ or MM+ could help. No, it's not going to plan your entire vacation for you, but maybe it's going to ensure you do get to experience those "musts" on your list.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123