Applying to Disneyland Resort??

First all; my apologies if this is in the wrong section. I'm not really sure where to ask this. Anywho, my question here is how hard is getting hired at Disney usually like? I'm planning to apply in the fall of my high school senior year this year since I'll be 18 by then and I'm wondering how easy getting a job at Disney is like. Also, I'm pretty lost on how or where I would apply and the process of that and would love some clear guidance on that. I'm pretty lost but all I have in my mind now and for a while, is that I am determined to work at disneyland at some point in my lifetime.

Re: Applying to Disneyland Resort??

I just got hired a little over a week ago. You have to first apply online and then they will send you an email when they are looking to hire telling you to take a personality test. I applied in early December, and I got the email about two weeks age, so it may take a while for them to get back to you. If you pass the personality test they will ask you to set up an interview with them! Then you go to TDA and have your interview, I got hired into attractions on the spot, but I hear sometimes you will be put on a waiting list and have multiple interviews, it varies it seems. It definitely isn't too hard if you are a good fit! Smile! Strike up conversation, show that you are good at talking to people, and you should be fine

Ahh, okay it seems like from what I hear it's fairly easy to get hired. What attraction are you working on? My ultimate goal is to be working on the haunted mansion at a point but I always thought getting hired for attractions is harder?

I got hired into Adventureland Attractions. The guy said most likely I'll be starting on Jungle Cruise, which i am stoked for! I thought it was harder too, so when I had my interview I honestly expected to be put in foods or custodial or something of the sort, but they hired me straight into attractions, I also got to choose what park I wanted to work in and what land as well, I could choose between Critter Country, Tomorrowland, and Adventureland. I say apply for Attractions, even if you don't get it you can probably transfer in later!

I don't want to start a new thread, so my apologies for piggybacking. What is the process for applying for the higher positions? I have a business degree and am interested in working the management/corporate side of Disney Parks.
    397 or 406 miles too far from DLR, depending on who you ask...

Quote Originally Posted by bummerkit View Post
    I don't want to start a new thread, so my apologies for piggybacking. What is the process for applying for the higher positions? I have a business degree and am interested in working the management/corporate side of Disney Parks.
    I second that! I'm in the process of getting a business degree and was really hoping to work my way up but don't really know how to go about that.

Thanks for the advice!! But on my question on working at the haunted mansion, I have heard that there are some attractions that are very popular among cast members and are harder to get a position to work in and can even have a wait list? Can anyone confirm this? Is the haunted mansion usually very popular among cast members?

This could be the case, if there is an opening somewhere they'll put you there. From what I know you have to be in one area of the park for six months before you can transfer to a new section of the park. I figured Adventureland would be a more popular place to work, but there were at least a few openings because I was hired into Adventureland as well as my friend on the same day. Honestly I think a lot of it is luck and being in the right place at the right time.

• Dont make me unfriend you

Try starting at this site.

Disneyland Resort Home | Jobs and Careers

It looks like peopel use this site for the entry level park jobs. But they also have "corporate" jobs listed too.
    Jeff made me famous!
    From the Mouth of the Mouse.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydisneygeek View Post
    Thanks for the advice!! But on my question on working at the haunted mansion, I have heard that there are some attractions that are very popular among cast members and are harder to get a position to work in and can even have a wait list? Can anyone confirm this? Is the haunted mansion usually very popular among cast members?
    It's basically true. You don't get to pick what attraction you want to work on, just like when you go to apply at a grocery store you don't get to pick what register lane. Some attractions have more turnover and that is where the open positions are. Attraction CMs can apply to other attraction openings, filling the openings at popular rides. Also keep in mind some attractions share CMs, and you rotate through them in a shift or day to day.

You apply just like for any regular job. Submit your resume and try to get an interview.

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/DisneyParksCareers

The Walt Disney Company Home | Jobs and Careers
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

For a corporate position in management sometimes a good place to start is as an intern. Just search disney internships and it should come up. I have a couple friends doing it at WDW.