Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Joe Flowers

Is Geppetto missing his mustache in Clopin's Music Box at the new Fantasy Faire?

On Thursday, not only did Theresa and I go on the Easter Egg hunt in DCA (click here to see that Trip Report), we also made a quick stop over to the brand new Princess Fantasy Faire at Disneyland.

One of the new items in the Fantasy Faire is Clopin's music box. I supposed I was just too excited and I didn't get a full shot of it. I'm sure most have seen the videos and pictures of it already, but for those that haven't, it's a large diorama and when you turn a crank on the front, the song "Topsy Turvy" plays on the music box while the diorama comes to life and Clopin and other characters start moving.

I hadn't really intended to post these pictures so excuse the poor quality. It was just that while I was going through them I noticed something missing from a famous character.

In the background of the cheering crowd, there are lots of Disney characters from other movies mixed in with the crowd. Starting from the left to the right we see:

Pacha (The Emperor's New Groove)

Tony (Lady and the Tramp), Snow White, Flynn Rider (Tangled), Doc (Snow White)

Peter Pan, Prince Adam and Belle (Beauty and the Beast)

Smee (Peter Pan), Bookkeeper (Beauty and the Beast),

Here's the one who is missing something. Geppetto (Pinocchio) seems to be missing his mustache. It looks like the line is there, it just didn't get filled in with white. You can also see Maurice (Beauty and the Beast) in the corner.

We finish off with Alice (Alice in Wonderland), Gaston (Beauty and the Beast), A dwarf (either Bashful or Sleepy - I can't tell), the Coachman (Pinocchio)

I didn't include anyone who I knew was from the Hunchback of Notre Dame since they do belong there. If you recognize anyone else though, include the picture and reply below with who they are!

• Filmmaker

Re: Is Geppetto missing his mustache in Clopin's Music Box at the new Fantasy Faire?

Another one I noticed is the guy with the blonde curly hair next to Peter Pan, if I'm not mistaken he makes an appearance in the Gaston musical number from Beauty and the Beast (EDIT: I found him. Turns out he was in the "Belle" musical number, not "Gaston").

Also, in that same picture with Peter Pan, the guy in the top left corner look awfully familiar, but I can't place it.

I'm not 100% convinced of Pacha, though. He looks similar, but it's just different enough that I'm willing to call it a coincidence. Compare to this:

Name:  pacha1.jpg
Views: 716
Size:  27.7 KB

Anyway, this is a great find. Thanks for sharing
    Last edited by Illusion0fLife; 03-23-2013 at 09:54 AM.

Re: Is Geppetto missing his mustache in Clopin's Music Box at the new Fantasy Faire?

The last photo has the coachman from Pinocchio on the right edge.

In the first photo there is a man in the crowd with glasses that does not really fit in with the rest, I wonder if that is a caricature of someone who worked on the Fantasy Fair

• Joe Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion0fLife View Post
    Another one I noticed is the guy with the blonde curly hair next to Peter Pan, if I'm not mistaken he makes an appearance in the Gaston musical number from Beauty and the Beast (EDIT: I found him. Turns out he was in the "Belle" musical number, not "Gaston").

Also, in that same picture with Peter Pan, the guy in the top left corner look awfully familiar, but I can't place it.

I'm not 100% convinced of Pacha, though. He looks similar, but it's just different enough that I'm willing to call it a coincidence. Compare to this:

Name:  pacha1.jpg
Views: 716
Size:  27.7 KB

Anyway, this is a great find. Thanks for sharing
    i knew I saw that guy in Beauty and the Beast. I looked all through Gaston's tavern song and didn't find him though. Now I know where he's from. Thanks!

I was thinking the guy you saw might have been one of the guards from hunchback who got his mustache cut off partially by Captain Phoebus at the beginning. Not sure though.

AtomicBear, I noticed that guy too. He does look out of place compared to everyone else.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Wow....I love little details like these

To the OP: Good eye catching Geppetto's missing mustache.

In a couple of the shots you can see what appears to be The Evil Queen as well. With a smile on her face....

"I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by mre200200 View Post
    Prince Adam and Belle (Beauty and the Beast)

I had NO idea the Beast actually had a name. I've always wondered that too. When do they say it?

That is weird that Gepetto's mustache is missing. Looks wrong and someone needs to fix it.

• Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by TTFN92 View Post
    I had NO idea the Beast actually had a name. I've always wondered that too. When do they say it?
    Never in the movie. A semi-obscure CD-ROM game called The D Show claims his name is Prince Adam, but I personally don't consider that canon. To me he's just The Beast, and then The Prince. That's all he needs to be.

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Thanks for sharing! It certainly does look like somebody forgot to color in his mustache.

Quote Originally Posted by 4th Gen Disney Fan View Post
    In a couple of the shots you can see what appears to be The Evil Queen as well. With a smile on her face....
    Hmm, I think I know who you're referring to. It's the lady with the crown, right? IMO, I don't think that's her. It doesn't really look like her at all.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    In the first photo there is a man in the crowd with glasses that does not really fit in with the rest, I wonder if that is a caricature of someone who worked on the Fantasy Fair
    I think that is the guy, Michel Den Dulk, Walt Disney Imagineering Creative Director, who designed/created Fantasy Faire, that imagineer guy with glasses who is in all the videos of Fantasy Fair before it opened...
    Last edited by Micoofy Duck; 03-23-2013 at 06:43 PM.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

wow! Great catch. He looks so naked without his 'stache.

• Minion

Rapunzel's not gunna be to happy when she finds out that Flynn is cheating on her with Snow White

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    I think that is the guy, Michel Den Dulk, Walt Disney Imagineering Creative Director, who designed/created Fantasy Faire, that imagineer guy with glasses who is in all the videos of Fantasy Fair before it opened... I forget his name.
    HAHAHA, hey I think you're right! I was curious what he looked like without the helmet so I Googled his name and found some pictures (not sure if I can post them here though). It definitely looks like him! Good catch!

Wow, nice find on the mustache! Absolutely love me some Emperor's New Groove though and that's definitely not Pacha. I wish it was!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast