View Poll Results: What is your choice for the inclusion of Star Wars at DLR?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • New land in Disneyland.

4 7.84%
  • New land in Disneyland replacing Tomorrowland.

4 7.84%
  • New land in DCA.

2 3.92%
  • New land in third gate in Anaheim somewhere near current DLR also including other lands.

17 33.33%
  • New park as third gate in Anaheim with all lands based on Star Wars.

9 17.65%
  • New land in new Disney park/complex elsewhere in Southern California.

2 3.92%
  • New park in new Disney park/complex in Southern California with all lands based on Star Wars.

2 3.92%
  • No new Star Wars at any Disney park in Southern California.

11 21.57%

Star Wars at DLR - or elsewhere?

Since not all of us were emailed the question about Star Wars I thought I'd start a poll so we can all be (unofficially) counted. I suggested the idea in another thread that Disney could expand into a new location (as they almost did with "Port Disney" in Long Beach or the proposal to convert Knott's into "Disney's America") so I'm including options for that too.

• Sultan of Swing

Cool Re: Star Wars at DLR - or elsewhere?

I really don't know why I voted for new land in Disneyland...but whatever. Maybe just cause I can. I am probably one of the few or the only one to pick that.
    Always read the fine print.

Re: Star Wars at DLR - or elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by BugSam101 View Post
    I really don't know why I voted for new land in Disneyland...but whatever. Maybe just cause I can. I am probably one of the few or the only one to pick that.
    You aren't the only one, I picked it too, but now that I think about it, a whole Star Wars park with different planets as lands and such would be incredible.

• Under that tree again!

Star Wars is a huge franchise, many movies, stories, and takes place in multiple settings. Rather than devote a whole park to a single movie theme, make a big park with a few star war "lands", give it a few areas with different themes.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Filmmaker

I think Star Wars Land would be a great fit for Disney's Hollywood Studios, but I'm not sure there's a good place for it at Disneyland Resort. I don't like the idea of whole lands devoted to a single franchise in a Magic Kingdom style park on principle, and thematically I don't think there's anywhere for it in DCA.

As for a third gate. I'd rather see them do something more unique and interesting than "Disney's Star Wars Adventure." Ideally, something along the lines of EPCOT or Animal Kingdom would be neat for a third gate at DLR. A unique experience that isn't just a collection of licensed properties.

• The doctor is in

I would prefer no new Star Wars, but if it's going to happen I would rather have it in a new park outside of DLR/DCA.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Star Wars deserves no less than an entire park dedicated to its diverse universe of creatures and species. Huge risk on the part of Disney having an entire park dedicated to one franchise but I feel that if done properly with no spared expense, it could be very popular, especially with new movies being released. It should be somehow connected with the park though so people have easy access but should maintain a separate entrance ticket. Disney shouldn't make the same mistake as Gardenwalk, people will always choose Disneyland and DCA over a much smaller Star Wars park.

• Banned User

I think a better question would be how many Star Wars rides can guests tolerate in one park and not feel that they are riding the same attraction. Star Tours has C3PO, R2D2, which is cool, but having them in three rides would be overload.

I think that having 3-4 Star Wars rides in any miniland, land, or even theme park could be done, but the rides need to be distinction from each other and have their own flavor. I think a lot of attractions could have a Star Wars light theme which doesn't shove Star Wars down guests' throats every couple feet. For example, the People Mover load station track could be repurposed into a new attraction (and I hear they have plans), which could involve an adventure in Couruscant, but without the familiar faces, i.e. R2D2 and C3PO, Darth Vader . . . make Tomorrowland look like Couruscant with upgrades to what is there to make it look more futuristic. There could be little details that Star Wars fans would get, but the average guest might just conclude it is super cool looking, and they might not realize that a couple of rides (besies Star Tours) occur in the Star Wars universe.

Tatooine would be *so* easy to do as a land and would look great because while it is visually out of this world, it would be relatively easy to build, with the important stuff being aliens/advanced looking transportation sprinkled around. But of course, you need an E-Ticket, I would think to have a draw, maybe they could do something with the Pod Racers, though that might start to look too much like RSR, though if they rethemed Autopia to pod racers (and still allowed guests to drive them making them different from RSR), then I think kids would line up for it, as would adults if they had a lot of cool details and maybe even programed some special effects into the cars.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    Star Wars deserves no less than an entire park dedicated to its diverse universe of creatures and species.
    Remember that Disneyland has something like 60 rides, at some point they'd be recycling every ride and slapping Star Wars on it. I think what you want is to experience the different worlds in the SW universe. I could see the following worlds become bonafide lands:

1. Tatooine
    2. Endor
    3. Coruscant
    4. Wookie homeworld
    5. Inside of a Star Destroyer or other iconic ship, or a space port. Star Tours writ large with an E-ticket, two D-Tickets and a restaurant, all inside a massive climate controlled show building.

But I don't think they could fill one of these lands with as many rides are there are in Fantasyland (theme parks need rides as DCA has proven), so I think that you could have a very large land with two Star Wars planets, I would go with Tatooine and Coruscant as they would be the easiest to build, then they'd need to put in maybe 2-3 E-Tickets and perhaps 5 D Tickets, and this area would be about 1/3 of a full theme park.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by brandond6 View Post
    You aren't the only one, I picked it too, but now that I think about it, a whole Star Wars park with different planets as lands and such would be incredible.
    I'm a big Star Wars fan, but even I don't spend most of my time in Tomorrowland and on Star Tours. It would be cool to see some of the planets in a theme park, but realistically could they do Hoth? It wouldn't be snow but bright white reflective paint everywhere, and Endor with cut-off trees like in Disney Hollywood Studios just isn't the same thing. At some point guests would just get Star Wars-ed out, I think at most Star Wars could be 1/3 of a park and that's pushing it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    Since not all of us were emailed the question about Star Wars I thought I'd start a poll so we can all be (unofficially) counted. I suggested the idea in another thread that Disney could expand into a new location (as they almost did with "Port Disney" in Long Beach or the proposal to convert Knott's into "Disney's America") so I'm including options for that too.
    Kinda surprised that Disney would email APers and seek out their advice. Loyal customers, yes, but different tastes than the average guest who might be considering Potterland and other options.

They already spent 4 billion to acquire Star Wars (and Indy), enough to make about *ten* films that cost as much as Oz the Great and Powerful, and they are probably going to spend around $400 million on Episode 7. Yeah, they'll make tons in merchandising, but I think that it isn't a question of if a StarWarsland comes to the US parks, but rather when and where.

Meaning, I think that the "survey" is also part PR move to make APers feel they have input, and also free advertising by starting the rumor mill going.

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    Meaning, I think that the "survey" is also part PR move to make APers feel they have input, and also free advertising by starting the rumor mill going.
    That it did, intentional or not. I've seen it in many places on the internet.

I added "no new Star Wars" at the last minute and, frankly, I'm surprised it's currently in second place. I wonder if the actual survey results are similar. We may never know.