Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Spotted Michel Dulk at Fantasy Faire today!

Visiting the parks today and spotted Michel in Fantasy Faire. He is the one who designed it, and it would be considered his project. He was at the park today to see how the Faire was working, what was working, what wasn't, and he was chatting with the lead of Crowd Control (Chris) and I overheard his conversation.
    Name:  IMG_2219 - Copy.JPG
Views: 727
Size:  193.8 KBName:  IMG_2206 - Copy.JPG
Views: 749
Size:  186.1 KB
    He said that he is not working on Mickey and the Magical Map but is working on Shanghai. It’s not very often that you see an Imaginer overlooking their work. But this a very good sign of a good craftsman because he is learning to use stuff on his next projects.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Re: Spotted Michel Dulk at Fantasy Faire today!

What did he say that was/wasn't working?

• Disneyland 19 year APH

He was surpised that the queue has not been longer and that everyone keeps calling him Harry Potter.

• Minion

Thanks for posting!
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    He was surpised that the queue has not been longer and that everyone keeps calling him Harry Potter.
    HAHA that Harry Potter part is pretty funny.

Well, I don't think he should be that surprised of the queue. They double the capacity of the Princess meet and greet which in turn halved the queue. Isn't the meet and greet still commanding like 40 minute waits, which is more or less the same as the old meet and greet? Maybe that's the limit people are willing to wait in line to meet princesses. In my opinion, I think the limit people are willing to wait in a line for an attraction is usually 40-60 minutes. Anything longer, people will much rather do something else. I think Michel should be proud of what he achieved. He double the capacity of an attraction that's still commands a 40 minute wait.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post
    HAHA that Harry Potter part is pretty funny.

Well, I don't think he should be that surprised of the queue. They double the capacity of the Princess meet and greet which in turn halved the queue. Isn't the meet and greet still commanding like 40 minute waits, which is more or less the same as the old meet and greet? Maybe that's the limit people are willing to wait in line to meet princesses. In my opinion, I think the limit people are willing to wait in a line for an attraction is usually 40-60 minutes. Anything longer, people will much rather do something else. I think Michel should be proud of what he achieved. He double the capacity of an attraction that's still commands a 40 minute wait.

I doubt that he is surprised by the queue length, or even cares. He's probably studying guest flow patterns around the land. I thought that the Sarah video mentioned perpetual 60 minute wait times, and the live entertainment appears to be a hit with a broader group of guests than expected.

95% of guests in line have little girls, I don't doubt that 95% of families with little girls plan on seeing the princesses on their trip and if they know about Fantasy Faire then 95% of them will line up for this attraction, unless they have more pressing food/bathroom/rest needs.

So . . . the guest demand for the princesses is known factor that won't change. (Though if Fantasy Faire gets positive word of mouth via the parents with little kids grapevine, and I think it will, then maybe Disney will get a couple extra thousand families visiting per year). Fantasy Faire just makes the experience more enjoyable, creates positive word of mouth in terms of families making trip plans to Disneyland, and gives this meet and greet a permanent home.

No doubt Disney knows that 8,000 families with little girls (or whatever the number) interested in princesses visit each day.

Fantasy Faire was long overdo as the DCA area which supposedly attracts little girls, i.e. Ariel's Grotto (a dump of a restaurant), and the Mermaid ride (lame and next to a crumbling pier with a net full of "dead" fish sure isn't a beehive of activity. I've seen more little girls on Mater's and in Bug's land.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Well Entertainment I looking at adding another show due to the popularity of the current shows:either adding a third show, spread out the current shows, or making 2 new shows and just keep rotating the shows around.

• ShovelyBubblyGobblyGook

Darn it! I would have loved to have had the chance to meet him. Here's hoping he comes back for more visits frequently!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Wow I would have asked if "what is the one thing you want people to notice when they come into Fantasy Faire, what special touch that you designed that you want us to notice and not miss".
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    Wow I would have asked if "what is the one thing you want people to notice when they come into Fantasy Faire, what special touch that you designed that you want us to notice and not miss".
    If you had to ask that, he failed.

I believe it's Michel den Dulk. He's Dutch and the den is part of his name.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Ok I thought the Den was just his middle name not part of his formal name.

• Orange County

Got married at the Disneyland Resort in 2007!

How old is this guy? He looks really young. Hopefully Tony has been a good mentor to him.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Quote Originally Posted by AB Born View Post
    How old is this guy? He looks really young. Hopefully Tony has been a good mentor to him.
    Acording to his Wikipedia Page (Michel den Dulk - Wikipedia) He was born on November 6, 1979 which would make almost 35.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Born View Post
    Well, I think the Fantasy Faire Village is evidence of that. Of course he went to Imagineering with a good background from his previous background. Probably why Baxter snagged him for Imagineering in the first place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast