Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Enchanted Tiki Room will turn 50 Years Old this Year - How Will You Celebrate?

In the Disneyland Park right near the entrance of Adventureland, Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room opened its doors on June 23, 1963 into a world of joyous songs, wondrous miracles, and magical plants, birds, and tiki heads singing gaily to a crowd of amazed people. For 50 years since then, the plants, birds, and tiki heads have been serenading and crooning to crowds of people that flock back, and on June 23, 2013, Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room will turn 50 years of age. Which brings up my question.

How will you celebrate one of Disney's finest hand crafted masterpieces? It could be spent at the park or spent at home. It could be wild and rambunctious, or it could be mellow and humble. You could celebrate the milestone, or not celebrate at all! I'd just like to know what you guys are going to do on that day when The Tiki Room turns 50.

For me, I want to spend it kind of quietly. Maybe go to the park right at the rope drop and be part of the first crowd to see the show in the morning, then probably get some Dole Ice Cream (Amazingly never tried one as of now). After that, I would probably just enjoy the rest of the park, pop on by a few more times, and then leave at the end of the day. Who knows, maybe I will make a custom pin-up button celebrating the milestone as well.

So go on, let's have some fun and talk about what we might (Or maybe wish) want to do on June 23, 2013.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• world class bilge rat

Re: The Enchanted Tiki Room will turn 50 Years Old this Year - How Will You Celebrate

Since I live almost 600 miles away, I guess I won't be celebrating much.

But the Tiki Room is one of my favorite things at DL. Very well built and very well maintained.

• Sultan of Swing

Re: The Enchanted Tiki Room will turn 50 Years Old this Year - How Will You Celebrate

I plan on doing the same as you once I renew my pass in May. Except maybe not at Rope Drop. I will go with some friends since I am off in June and will celebrate the 50th with my very first Dole Whip. They seemed to unappealing to my tastes but I really want to try one now. That was my way of thinking for the Mint Julep until I tried it last year. I don't know when I will go that day but I will make sure , but I will make sure to add this to my to do list for the day.
    Always read the fine print.

Well then maybe you could watch a video of the Enchanted Tiki Room or eat a pineapple or...talk to an exotic pet bird if you have one at home. That's what I would do if I was unable to go to Disneyland on that day.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I love the Tiki Room. How will I celebrate? By sitting home crying because I won't be able to go to the park for any part of any celebrations or merch events tied to is.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Selfie Expert

I'm off that day, AND it's a Sunday... I think I might have to join you in celebrating at the park, Bongo!!

I absolutely love the Tiki Room. It's one of my favorite attractions, and has been since I was little. I wonder if they'll have any special pins or anything to celebrate?

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

I won't be there for the actual day but I will be there for the 50th year the attraction is in operation. I'll attend a showing and buy a dole whip and thank the attraction in person for sticking with us for so long.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Sock Puppet

i think i might try and go also, after-all i am a fan of Tiki Room! Love the singing birds! it was one of those long loved attractions that i loved even as a toddler!

• "I don't like the color"

Wearing my Tiki Room shirt!
    Name:  20139x4c2b55d1.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  102.4 KB
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Disneyland Dreamin'

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    WOW! That is cool! I need to add one of these to my Hawaiian shirt collection! I hope there is something like this available when we are there in few weeks...

Hmmm..... I can think about all the times I have been entertained by singing birds or startled by thunder and lightning or dazed by the pounding of rhythmic drums and native chants through the years. I can think about all the pineapple floats (not whips) I have enjoyed waiting for the room to open and the show to start. Mostly I will think about all the people, some of whom have now passed on, that I have had the opportunity to share with what is a wonderful Disneyland tradition and experience. Thanks Walt!
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

• Sock Puppet

oh snap! that's a good idea, like dress sorta tropical, laid back Hawaiian you just gave me a good idea!

• "I don't like the color"

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    oh snap! that's a good idea, like dress sorta tropical, laid back Hawaiian you just gave me a good idea!
    That's the spirit! Speaking of spirits, you could have a Mai Tai as well!
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Evil is Sexy

The Pineapple floats are almost worth waiting in line for. I don't know if we'll be at the park that day, but probably sometime that week. I may get a pin and see the show (and sing along quietly.)
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Sock Puppet

That's the spirit! Speaking of spirits, you could have a Mai Tai as well!
    i like the way you think... But the dole whip sounds good!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast