Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Under that tree again!

Re: White Water Snacks

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    Get there via the Grand Californian exit in the west side of DCA to conveniently sneak away from the thicker crowds in the Disneyland Resort.
    That is good advice.

You can exit DCA near Grizzly River Run, make a left and quickly get there. If you come into the GCH another way to dine at WWS, go out making a right and another right into the tunnel and you will be at the special gates into DCA. It's nearly as convinient as dining at a location inside DCA itself since it is so close, and usually not as crowded.
    Last edited by swampymarsh; 03-25-2013 at 10:45 AM.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

It is at the Southeast corner of the GCH

Have yet to stay at the Grand Californian, but I try to make a stop at White Water Snacks at least once per DLR visit, and it's absolutely worth it for a quick, quiet, out of the way bite to eat.

The food is good for basics - chili hot dogs, burgers and sandwiches, delicious nachos served with freshly made tortilla strips (not ashamed to admit I don't share!). The CMs working here are super nice, and your grill order is delivered to your table. Getting back inside DCA is never an issue (though sometimes a bit slow due to banned items being found during bag checks (I've never seen so much glass EVER)!

Overall a really great, low key way to fuel up and take a little break!

• Sock Puppet

I havn't had earl yet, but will.. but WWS is not just for hotel guests! And i agree on the food, it's good!

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by cris77 View Post
    . . . The CMs working here are super nice, and your grill order is delivered to your table . . . Overall a really great, low key way to fuel up and take a little break!
    It seems like the whole Grand Californian is staffed by "super nice" CMs!

We love hanging out there even though we've never stayed in the hotel. If you have kids, let them sit in the sturdy, leather, KID-SIZED! rocking chairs near the fireplace and hear storytellers at night. And don't miss the Christmas Carolers singing at that most Christmassy of Disneyland resorts.

The excellence of the Grand Californian, WDW's Wilderness & Animal Kingdom lodges, and D.land Paris' Hotel Cheyenne remind me that Michael Eisner did co-create some wonders for the world of Disney in his 21-year run as CEO.

--Tom Sinsky
    Last edited by jcruise86; 03-25-2013 at 12:33 PM. Reason: changed "helped contribute" to "co-create"

• Evil is Sexy

*nods* We like Mr. Eisner in our household as well. Love him or hate him, if it wasn't for his keen marketing skills, Disney may have gone the way of "Nara Dreamland."
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

We eat there all the time and never stay at GC. Their steak nachos are so yummy. I just wish the pieces of steak were cut smaller but that's my only complaint. DH had the pork burger with pico and guacamole when we were there last that he said was delicious and moist, something that many DL burgers are missing. It's usually pretty quiet in there too, at least when we've been. One of the best things is that they have drink refills .

I love White Water Snacks! I agree with many about the super nice CM's and once you add the nice decor and the usually quiet/uncrowded environment, you've got a win-win situation. I like sitting outside on nice days as it still feels like I'm inside the park. I normally go for breakfast though and can attest to those menu items. I will definitely be going back to try the nachos, it's just a matter of convincing my friends. haha

Whitewater snacks is my favorite hideout. For those of you who think its a 7-11 haven't checked out the menu from the grill. I can get a decent Veggie Burger hand delivered to my table while the carnivores in my party can get the burgers of their choice. I usually sit on the back porch, it backs up to the nature trail. The only problem with not being a hotel guest is they make us go back through Downtown Disney (and security) to get back in the park. If anybody knows how to get around this I would love to know. BTW We also checked out the Earl Of Sandwich last trip, it was crowded but good. its a great addition to Downtown Disney.
    " Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed"
    G.K Chesterson

Quote Originally Posted by DebG View Post
    The only problem with not being a hotel guest is they make us go back through Downtown Disney (and security) to get back in the park. If anybody knows how to get around this I would love to know.
    Try showing your receipt from Whitewater. It used to work to get back in using the GCH entrance to DCA

Thank you Jerryp49 I will give it a try
    " Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed"
    G.K Chesterson

• Seed and Mulch

Leaving the parks to go to White Water Snacks for lunch is my favorite tip I give to people when they are going to Disneyland. The place never has anyone in it, the food selection is fairly good, and it can be very relaxing.

• Ready for takeoff

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    That is good advice.

You can exit DCA near Grizzly River Run, make a left and quickly get there. If you come into the GCH another way to dine at WWS, go out making a right and another right into the tunnel and you will be at the special gates into DCA. It's nearly as convinient as dining at a location inside DCA itself since it is so close, and usually not as crowded.
    That is what we do and I have never had a problem using that entrance even though I was not staying at the GCH.

I love to eat there but they seemed to have changed their grilled cheese sandwich. We were disappointed by that.

They also sell some grocery items that come in handy if you are in the need of a midnight snack while staying at the hotel. Things like peanut butter and jelly, frozen pizzas and a surprising array of snacks. They also have coors light.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12