Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Guests Dressed As Disney Characters

Yesterday, there was a woman that was dressed in a tan dress, with a "Native American" necklace, and long dark hair. She looked nice, and you wouldn't confuse her with Pocahontas, but she sure looked like her!

• Disneyland Dreamer

But they dress them up at the boutique in Sleeping Beauty's Castle.

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    But they dress them up at the boutique in Sleeping Beauty's Castle.

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique does Princess makeovers on little girls. The people we've been referring to in this thread are young women (late teens, early 20s from the picture). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe the BBB does makeovers on adults. (If they do, guess where I'm going next trip!)
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Interesting photo. Really walks a fine line between 'extreme' Disney-bounding and a costume, but I'd say it's dissimilar enough to have gotten her past the turnstile. But there's no way I would have mistaken her for the 'real' Belle. I would have done a double-take, for sure, but no way. I can understand a child being confused.

edit; link to Belle in blue dress removed. Didn't work.

Her outfit looks alot like a costume *minus the cardigan*, which had me questioning how she got in the park. She doesn't look like the Belle that walks around Disney, I agree, so maybe that was good enough to get her in the park. I'm sure she got lots of looks, no doubt. Most of the disney bounding I've seen is usually more subtle.

question: I wanted to wear a yellow skirt with a blue shirt and a red ribbon, but I don't have black or short hair.
    (snow white)
    Is this okay or will they not admit me?

• Evil is Sexy

It should be okay. I went yesterday in a blue multi-layer skirt, blue corset and shirt and they had no issue with anything. I've seen a young lady walking around with yellow skinny jeans, blue shirt, red ribbon in her hair (with dark hair) and she didn't get harrassed.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Minion

Do non disney characters count? Yesterday I saw a couple dressed as TARDIS and Dr Who.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MagicalJenn View Post
    I was just browsing Tumblr and this popped up. It was taken at Disneyland, maybe it was this girl you saw? She definitly looks like belle, I don't think she would have gotten into the park dressed like this. I'm guessing she's in her 20s. It just reminded me of this thread instantly, when I saw it. She's even got the baby ducks nearby

Attachment 29118
    I believe that is her! She does look similar to Belle, with some minor differences.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Warm Hugging Anna

Quote Originally Posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
    I believe that is her! She does look similar to Belle, with some minor differences.

That is her I saw her to on the opening day of Fantasy Faire.

• I'm from Canada eh!

People always get me mixed up with a Disneyland character too. Unfortunately it always happens on the world famous Jungle Cruse and ends with the CM trying to shoot me with a fake cap gun when my ears are wiggling...

Agree
    Kids have the immaturity appropriate to their age as an excuse...
    A week ago we saw, at several spots in the park, a woman whose top barely covered her bra. I was surprised no one "suggested" she buy a t-shirt.
    We accidentally visited on "Bat day" (?) last year, to my thinking, a poor excuse for attention seekers to hijack the Disney experience.... and show off more skin than is appropriate in that environment...

I feel bad for the families who save and make that once every so many years visit, and find the elaborate environment created for a Disneyland experience taken over by what ever group is "occupying" that weekend.

I love your quote ;-)

She was Disneybounding, Like others have said it is currently a really popular thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Meville View Post
    People always get me mixed up with a Disneyland character too. Unfortunately it always happens on the world famous Jungle Cruse and ends with the CM trying to shoot me with a fake cap gun when my ears are wiggling...
    Although this is off-topic, I'd like to point out that those are real Smith & Wesson revolvers (loaded with blanks), not toy replicas.

• ShovelyBubblyGobblyGook

Quote Originally Posted by GwenRowan View Post
    Agree
    Kids have the immaturity appropriate to their age as an excuse...
    A week ago we saw, at several spots in the park, a woman whose top barely covered her bra. I was surprised no one "suggested" she buy a t-shirt.
    We accidentally visited on "Bat day" (?) last year, to my thinking, a poor excuse for attention seekers to hijack the Disney experience.... and show off more skin than is appropriate in that environment...

I feel bad for the families who save and make that once every so many years visit, and find the elaborate environment created for a Disneyland experience taken over by what ever group is "occupying" that weekend.

I love your quote ;-)
    I'm gonna have to go ahead and stop you right there. Bats Day is most definitely NOT a day for "attention seeking" by any means. The way these people dress is a lifestyle. To them (and this includes myself), it's as normal to wear all of that as it is for another person to just toss on a t-shirt. I understand that many people don't "get" the goth/alternative look and that's totally okay! I know Disney has made a point to let many of these people know there are restrictions on outfits and as far as I know everyone complies without a fuss. We are just as normal as you, with families (many people parents with little ones too!) and are there for the same experience as everyone else. So there's a lot more black and lace roaming around the park for a day; big whoop. No one is there to "spook the normies", everyone shows up to have some good fun! Believe it or not we can like the macabre AND Disney too

Now, if someone shows up dressed less than appropriate, whether it be Bats Day or not, I can understand the frustration. But lets not try to call out any specific type of people. ALL types of people go dressed inappropriately every day to DL, it's a fact.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ZomBats View Post
    I'm gonna have to go ahead and stop you right there. Bats Day is most definitely NOT a day for "attention seeking" by any means. The way these people dress is a lifestyle. To them (and this includes myself), it's as normal to wear all of that as it is for another person to just toss on a t-shirt. I understand that many people don't "get" the goth/alternative look and that's totally okay! I know Disney has made a point to let many of these people know there are restrictions on outfits and as far as I know everyone complies without a fuss. We are just as normal as you, with families (many people parents with little ones too!) and are there for the same experience as everyone else. So there's a lot more black and lace roaming around the park for a day; big whoop. No one is there to "spook the normies", everyone shows up to have some good fun! Believe it or not we can like the macabre AND Disney too

Now, if someone shows up dressed less than appropriate, whether it be Bats Day or not, I can understand the frustration. But lets not try to call out any specific type of people. ALL types of people go dressed inappropriately every day to DL, it's a fact.
    WORD. It's not a "look at me" thing; it's "this is how I dress and it's nice to be with others who dress that way too!" I can say that every single time I've done Bats Day I've never been thinking "I hope other guests look at me," I've been thinking "I don't usually see people who dress like me...it's so nice to be among friends and not worry about being mocked."

The Bats Day organizer is also very very mindful of the park's regulations and goes out of his way to remind people to wear clothes that are family friendly, not seen as character costumes, etc.

Several of Disney's own characters would fit right in on Bats Day - there's a place for all of us at the park.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast