Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

people mover track still visible from INSIDE any attractions?

Long time lurker, first time poster here! Does anyone have any pictures or know if the people mover track is still visible from INSIDE any attractions? After much googling, I stumbled upon a very old thread saying that if you know where to look you can see it in Space Mountain, and that inside innoventions it's there but the asimo show kind of covers it up. Is it even visible anywhere in Buzz? It would just be cool to get a different glimpse of it.

Also, I read that you can see the Circlevision sun and moon inside the final battle scene of Buzz. Is that true? I don't really know exactly what I'm looking for, since I was too young to ever experience Circlevision but it would be interesting to know! Thanks

(I hated to create yet another thread about the people mover/Tomorrowland but I've been dying to know, haha. Sorry!)

Re: people mover track still visible from INSIDE any attractions?

If you look above the Starspeeder 1000 in Star Tours you can see an opening for where the People Mover/Rocket Rods used to be able to look in from. Also if you look into the upper levels of the Starcade from the Space Mountain line you can see windows in the back where the track would pass through.

I have no clue about the Innoventions sightings, however I guess if you where on Space Mountain when the work lights went on I am sure it would be easy to spot the track there, unless they covered it during the 2005 renovation...

• Parking Lot > DCA

You can see the track from inside Star Tours in two locations, one like xboxtravis7992 said, above the Starspeeder 1000, and in the "baggage check" room it was once visible but now it's covered up. From the Starcade you can see it as well as above Pizza Port and into Innoventions.

You're best bet is finding an old Peoplemover/Rocket Rods on ride video and you'll see what we mean

Thanks guys! I'll have to check it out next time I go on Star Tours. I can't believe I never think to look for it when I'm in line there, haha. And I think I know what ya mean about Pizza Port...time for some youtubin'!

• No Disassemble!

I'm interested in the trackway that ran along Space Mountain. I bet that if you were lucky enough to ride it with the lights on you'd probably be able to still see the track through the windows.

One thing that I've noticed about the Star Tours & Buzz Lightyear track segments is that both of the entrances to the corridors seem to be completely sealed leading me to think that maybe those interior track segments were removed already.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Here you go! This video in particular is sort of neat because you can see all the construction going on in Tomorrowland near Autopia/Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage at the time.

Note that some of these areas are not still visible, but at least you can see what we're talking about.
    Last edited by explodingboy; 03-25-2013 at 09:57 PM.

From the video it looks like the track also went through the extended queue of Star Tours? Or is that something else? (it's at 1:27). Anyway, next time I go I'm gonna try to see the part with all the windows from the PizzaPort area (1:53). It's so obvious now but I've only really noticed it when standing in line for Space Mountain. Thanks! That is cool that you can see the construction. I also couldn't help but notice how brown the Matterhorn looked.

And yeah I've been on Space once when they turned the lights on and I really wish I would have thought to look for the track. I'm surprised I can't find any pictures.

• SORCERER

Quote Originally Posted by pepperann View Post
    From the video it looks like the track also went through the extended queue of Star Tours? Or is that something else? (it's at 1:27). Anyway, next time I go I'm gonna try to see the part with all the windows from the PizzaPort area (1:53). It's so obvious now but I've only really noticed it when standing in line for Space Mountain. Thanks! That is cool that you can see the construction. I also couldn't help but notice how brown the Matterhorn looked.

And yeah I've been on Space once when they turned the lights on and I really wish I would have thought to look for the track. I'm surprised I can't find any pictures.
    You can see the entire queue for the most part when entering Innovations, I took these a few months ago, Keep in mind that this was the queue for Rocket Rods, as the People Mover had a rotating queue :

haha I totally took a similar picture on my last visit! By the way, does the Observatron still move at all? At least I haven't been around when it's moving.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by pepperann
    From the video it looks like the track also went through the extended queue of Star Tours? Or is that something else?
    That looks to be the extended queue area. I think it's all boarded up now, though.

Quote Originally Posted by pepperann View Post
    haha I totally took a similar picture on my last visit! By the way, does the Observatron still move at all? At least I haven't been around when it's moving.
    Sometimes it does. Other times you just get that annoying soundtrack that goes with it and nothing else.

• DLR Enthusiast

Sure would be a neat experience to walk the people mover track....
    -Brian - Find me on Facebook

If I were lucky enough to ride Space Mountain with the lights on, where would I look for the People Mover track?

• SORCERER

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    That looks to be the extended queue area. I think it's all boarded up now, though.

Sometimes it does. Other times you just get that annoying soundtrack that goes with it and nothing else.
    Yeah, it a little messed up sometimes and just plays the soundtrack.

It happens every 15 mins.

• Sock Puppet

why haven't they taken the track out?

Quote Originally Posted by bamato View Post
    Sure would be a neat experience to walk the people mover track....
    i agree with this idea

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast