Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perspective

Perspective

I was examining Googlemaps and contemplating the possible changes and/or additions that have been the subject of a couple of threads here recently, concerning the DLR. I got to thinking and had somewhat of an epiphany:
    For us to have access to this website and express our different opinions and complain as we sometimes do about this amazing American icon of a company that we all obviously have a passion for..........WE...ARE...SPOILED!!!
    Now, I know what some of you are thinking: "We spend a lot of hard-earned money with this company, we have the right to expect the highest possible quality product from them." And I agree, but that brings me right back to my main thought: For us to even have the opportunity through time, finances, availability and/or technology to enjoy Disney at the various levels that we do..........WE...ARE...SPOILED!!!

*JUST A THOUGHT*

• No Disassemble!

Re: Perspective

Hi, and welcome to MiceChat.

I think that a fair amount of people on MiceChat are those who were fortunate enough to have been to the resort during its glory days and simply don't like the direction that its going now and for that there are many valid discussions that we can all partake in, if we choose to, here on MiceChat.

The perfect analogy is the Lakers basketball team. In the seventies and eighties they changed the face of basketball with innovative entertainment and wise investments in superstar players. Today the Lakers are in-line with the basketball trends. They settle for quick fixes and blockbuster player acquisitions that don't get them any closer to a playoff appearance and leave them deeper in the money pit. As a lifelong fan of the Lakers should I console myself and say "I'm too spoiled to think my team can be as great as they used to be" as I'm watching Dwight Howard blow another assignment or Steve Nash dribble the ball off his foot and out of bounds? If anything I think I feel the nagging obligation to complain more for some strange reason if I've invested so much of my time to a person place or thing.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Minion

I agree that we are fortunate to have the internet and be able to discuss the DLR with fellow fans and see videos and pictures whenever we want.

As a kid, I used to watch any sitcom or other TV show that featured a Disney theme park and try to peer around the actors, wishing they would get out of the way so I could catch a better view of the theme parky goodness. Recently, I watched an episode of the sitcom Are We There Yet (the TV version, not the movie) where the family went to WDW. I still enjoyed it in a way, but it wasn't enough to distract me from how much I don't like that show...because now I can see DL and WDW online.

However, I don't regret any of my critiques of the DLR on this forum because of being "spoiled" in this way. If anything, I'm glad to have a place to discuss the parks, positive and negative, with people who know what the heck I'm talking about. I actually came here from another forum that was more focused on "How do you get reservations at the Blue Bayou?" and such, and I found the discussion here more interesting.
    Last edited by animagusurreal; 03-25-2013 at 11:30 PM.
    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by animagusurreal View Post
    However, I don't regret any of my critiques of the DLR on this forum because of being "spoiled" in this way. If anything, I'm glad to have a place to discuss the parks, positive and negative, with people who know what the heck I'm talking about. I actually came here from another forum that was more focused on "How do you get reservations at the Blue Bayou?" and such, and I found the discussion here more interesting.
    This! And same here, I was on two previous Disney fan boards before I came to MiceChat.

• Selfie Expert

I am very grateful to have been to Disneyland many times, and grateful for future opportunities to go. I do not think that makes me or anyone else "spoiled", but I can see your point.

Think of it this way, most of us hold Disneyland in such high regard, that we don't want to see the park go in a direction we don't like. We may all disagree on what direction that is, or what improvements should be made, but for the most part the critiques are made based on our desire to make it even better.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Everyone on here is especially respectful I have noticed, which is more than I can say about other Disney fan forums, etc. I think people's opinions about the changes of Disney are valid, as Disney is such a huge part of our lives....and what better way to discuss it than with fellow Disney fans who share the love

• I'm from Canada eh!

I think the issue is that sometimes people love their version Disneyland and to see changes, can be a hard pill to swallow. Especially if these changes are seamingly for the worse. Re: Cap't Jack in Pirates.

• Sock Puppet

i don't understand what this has to do with googlemaps and viewing disneyland from satellite maybe i missed something, but i do not feel spoiled.I am grateful for my pass and disneyland. anytime disney could take that away i.e. end the ap program.

• Under that tree again!

Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    Hi, and welcome to MiceChat.

I think that a fair amount of people on MiceChat are those who were fortunate enough to have been to the resort during its glory days and simply don't like the direction that its going now and for that there are many valid discussions that we can all partake in, if we choose to, here on MiceChat.

The perfect analogy is the Lakers basketball team. In the seventies and eighties they changed the face of basketball with innovative entertainment and wise investments in superstar players. Today the Lakers are in-line with the basketball trends. They settle for quick fixes and blockbuster player acquisitions that don't get them any closer to a playoff appearance and leave them deeper in the money pit. As a lifelong fan of the Lakers should I console myself and say "I'm too spoiled to think my team can be as great as they used to be" as I'm watching Dwight Howard blow another assignment or Steve Nash dribble the ball off his foot and out of bounds? If anything I think I feel the nagging obligation to complain more for some strange reason if I've invested so much of my time to a person place or thing.
    Coincidentally, I've been a Lakers fan since Magic's 3rd season...funny.
    My first trip to the DLR was in 1968, so I know what you mean as it pertains to "glory days", although I can't honestly say that I remember the makeup of the park from that time as I was only 5 yrs. old but I've been there several times between that time and when I started visiting much more often starting in 2007.
    I will post more on this thread regarding my initial post so that it is more of a general response to the entire thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    i don't understand what this has to do with googlemaps and viewing disneyland from satellite maybe i missed something, but i do not feel spoiled.I am grateful for my pass and disneyland. anytime disney could take that away i.e. end the ap program.
    It was simply my train of thought: I was looking at googlemaps having been inspired by subjects talked about here and then I thought about the content of some of those posts and the over all situation...that's all.
    And it's perfectly understandable...most of the time we don't realize it when we're "spoiled". It's just "perspective".

Yep...we don't like change.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesscarlette View Post
    everyone on here is especially respectful i have noticed, which is more than i can say about other disney fan forums, etc. I think people's opinions about the changes of disney are valid, as disney is such a huge part of our lives....and what better way to discuss it than with fellow disney fans who share the love
    absolutely!

This has been interesting to see the responses to and interpretations of my original post. I suppose I should be flattered that there are those who actually care about what I say.
    I want to assure everyone that I, by no means, meant to suggest that the opinions expressed in the threads I was referring to were in ANY WAY lacking in legitimacy or validity. Let's face it, we are ALL "Disney geeks" who obviously care very much about our subject, or else we wouldn't be here.
    What I DID intend to express was an alternate level of "perspective" in relation to the quality of life we are able to maintain which, for us, Disney is a large part of. This was ONLY based in an "attitude of gratitude", if you will.
    If my use of the word "spoiled" threw some of you off.......it was meant in a light-hearted and fun-loving manner.
    Have a magical day!

• Sock Puppet

we are spoiled to have the weather we have in california, but grateful that disney has a AP system and at anytime they could take the discounts away..but i don't consider myself spoiled.lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast