Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: Handicapped guest trapped in ‘It’s a Small World’ wins lawsuit

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith11618 View Post
    Having read another article, seems the man had to urinate, and this created a situation that made his medical condition worse, and apparently took 3 hours to medically stabilize him, seems he did have some medical issues.
    Who knows though, seems to me like a little push to make his situation sound worse.

Quote Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
    Seems to me that if the situation warrants evacuating some of the guests, then it warrants evacuating them all.
    Again, who knows if all the guests really were evac'd. They may have given guests the option of staying in the boat or getting out, or they may not have evac'd anyone and he's trying to plus the story. It's too hard to tell without actually physically being present at that time.

I honestly don't believe that they would evac everyone off of the boat (or any attraction vehicle) and leave some who has a handicap behind. That doesn't sound like Disney ethics to me.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I honestly don't believe that they would evac everyone off of the boat (or any attraction vehicle) and leave some who has a handicap behind. That doesn't sound like Disney ethics to me.
    The problem is CMs aren't supposed to load unload the handicapped guests for liability reasons. So when it comes to evac a boat.. which means literally carrying someone out of the boat.. that becomes a conflict. I bet SOP is to try to cycle them out to the load platform if they need to be evac'd .. or maybe there are other areas where they can be unloaded easier.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    The problem is CMs aren't supposed to load unload the handicapped guests for liability reasons. So when it comes to evac a boat.. which means literally carrying someone out of the boat.. that becomes a conflict. I bet SOP is to try to cycle them out to the load platform if they need to be evac'd .. or maybe there are other areas where they can be unloaded easier.
    I didn't know that, although it makes sense. Thank you.

This issue (the ride being stopped) doesn't sound like an emergency situation where all the guests would need to be evacuated. It makes me wonder what really happened and how many guests, if any, left the boat..

• Hidden Mickey

Once we were stuck on Autopia for a half hour on the last night of our trip around 10:30pm. When we finally got off, the CM gave us fast passes for any attraction so we walked over to space mountain and bypassed a 70 minute line! That was good enough compensation for us because we got to ride our favorite ride last.

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    When I was stuck on Splash Mountain when I was on crutches, I had to wait to be evacuated by the fire department. No cast member would help me (and they pretty much prevented me from trying to get out on my own). It keeps them protected in case they injure you while they are helping you.

It was annoying, but then again, I got carried down the stairs by some really cute firemen, so that wasn't too bad!

8K for 30 minutes on a theme park ride. Un-freaking-believable. Yes, Disney can afford it - but they pass the costs of these nuisance suits on to the consumer, so next time you complain about the high cost of churros, thank the guy who was traumatized by the song "It's a Small World," yet willingly boarded the ride anyway.

• Disneyland Nomad

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    You are indeed correct. If SW can be restarted quickly they cycle out, if it cant they start evacing, it can stop at anytime if the ride gets fixed. If they evac..... if there isnt a platform near the boat, people cant get out and have to wait until the cms can push them to a platform. If there is they can jump out and follow the CM out. The people that cant get out of their chairs have to wait for the fire dept. Ideally, nobody wants the evac to happen, and the ride just to nicely come back to life ASAP.
    "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make."

The Beatles

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456