Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Capt without a ship...

Re: Toy Story Characters Falling

Just went to DL yesterday and as the CM was getting ready to lead them offstage, kids began yelling that at Woody. The CM politely said that was just a rumor and then nicely reminded a worried Woody, that Andy was away at college, lol.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    All the characters have to do is look around them, maybe over-exaggerating with their hand over their eyes, then look at the person and give a big shoulder shrug. Andy isn't coming, unless there's an Andy costumed character near (is there even one in existence?) so there's no need for them to ever drop and those waiting to see them will get the idea that it won't work.
    Well I didn't say they were under any obligation to drop every time someone yelled it, but I just mean it will probably get pretty annoying and tiresome for the characters and handlers to hear "Andy's coming!" over and over, because people are going to be relentless with this until the hype dies down.

•   
    • Minion

Someone at Hidden Los Angeles actually got an official Disney response on this:

"You see while yes normally the Toys would fall to the ground, the gate keepers in front actually make sure Andy does not come in the park unannounced. All those guest relation people are actually checking to see if Andy is at all coming in the park. If he does, they let the toys know and they keep out of sight. He's off at college now so he won't be visiting Disneyland for a while."

• World of Color

Quote Originally Posted by RSZero1 View Post
    Just went to DL yesterday and as the CM was getting ready to lead them offstage, kids began yelling that at Woody. The CM politely said that was just a rumor and then nicely reminded a worried Woody, that Andy was away at college, lol.
    That was funny.

Yeah, I hope word gets round that it's a rumor. I would imagine it wouldn't be nice to be yelled at repeatedly all day and expected to do something in return and the guests get restless and possibly get offended in thinking they are being ignored, or something.

Besides, they should know better and know that Andy is off to college.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Apparently there's a list going around on Facebook & Pinterest of ways to interact with the characters. A friend of mine who is a character attendant at Epcot told me most characters find these things annoying. There were a few cute ones though, like bouncing with Tigger and scratching Pluto behind the ears and saying "Who's a good dog?" I've done both with funny results. With Tigger, he always bounces with me. Pluto starts thumping his leg like I found the "magic spot".

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    "He's off at college now so he won't be visiting Disneyland for a while."
    ...Am I Andy?!

• Parking Lot > DCA

The Internet is why we can't have nice things.

• Galactic Hitchhiker

This "Andy's coming!" thing is getting quite out of hand in the park, actually. I work closely with the characters and literally every five minutes (if not less), someone is shouting at the toys that Andy is coming. Friends of characters, character hosts, and photographers alike are becoming pretty disgruntled by it. It's reached the point where they had to indefinitely move their meet and greet location from in front of Midway Mania to the area beneath the Silly Symphony Swings, and even then someone kept screaming "Andy's coming!" from their swing to the toys below... for the entire duration of the ride.

As fun and true to the movie as the idea sounds, and as entertaining as it would be to see the characters actually fall to the ground at the mentioning of their approaching (former) owner, it's just not safe to repeatedly collapse in-costume. And it's just not practical if guests are shouting it repeatedly.

Also, the picture that has been circulating was a photo set up by a WDW cast member, without the text added on to it. The "guest" in the picture is a friend of the toys as well, and he just posed for a fun pic with his co-workers. He posted it to Facebook and because this is the internet, it went viral.

So, pretty please, don't try shouting out "Andy's coming!" when you see the toys. Be awesome and let the hype pass. And if you want to be even more awesome, discourage people from doing it.
    Last edited by Fairybones; 03-28-2013 at 11:11 PM.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Fairybones View Post
    This "Andy's coming!" thing is getting quite out of hand in the park, actually. I work closely with the characters and literally every five minutes (if not less), someone is shouting at the toys that Andy is coming. Friends of characters, character hosts, and photographers alike are becoming pretty disgruntled by it. It's reached the point where they had to indefinitely move their meet and greet location from in front of Midway Mania to the area beneath the Silly Symphony Swings, and even then someone kept screaming "Andy's coming!" from their swing to the toys below... for the entire duration of the ride.

As fun and true to the movie as the idea sounds, and as entertaining as it would be to see the characters actually fall to the ground at the mentioning of their approaching (former) owner, it's just not safe to repeatedly collapse in-costume. And it's just not practical if guests are shouting it repeatedly.

Also, the picture that has been circulating was a photo set up by a WDW cast member, without the text added on to it. The "guest" in the picture is a friend of the toys as well, and he just posed for a fun pic with his co-workers. He posted it to Facebook and because this is the internet, it went viral.

So, pretty please, don't try shouting out "Andy's coming!" when you see the toys. Be awesome and let the hype pass. And if you want be even more awesome, discourage people from doing it.
    This this this.

I've been meaning to come here and ask about this. Just today I sent this picture to my friend who is going in August. LOL it shows that I didn't think it through, no? I should have known that they wouldn't throw themselves down... especially in AUGUST.

I did find another list on pinterest about things to say to characters. That's the one I was going to ask about actually. It's more realistic.. things such as asking Woody if he has Andy written on his shoe... and asking the step sisters from Cinderella who is the better singer.
    -- Stacy from Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by stacymmm View Post
    I've been meaning to come here and ask about this. Just today I sent this picture to my friend who is going in August. LOL it shows that I didn't think it through, no? I should have known that they wouldn't throw themselves down... especially in AUGUST.

I did find another list on pinterest about things to say to characters. That's the one I was going to ask about actually. It's more realistic.. things such as asking Woody if he has Andy written on his shoe... and asking the step sisters from Cinderella who is the better singer.
    =o! does he have Andy on his shoe? also, I'd love to see the stepsisters and ask them that! Cinderella is my favorite Disney movie.
    WDW: 1991, 1993, 1995, 1997, 2003, 2014
    Disneyland: 1997, 2001, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2014

"Mustard... Yes, but MUSTARD?! Don't let's be silly!

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    I heard somewhere that there are 999 dead people living in The Haunted Mansion........

I saw that on Pinterest too! I can't wait to ask the characters some cute questions (not obnoxious ones like the whole "andys coming" thing)next time I go!

At the 1987 Oscars (I think) there was a disastrous musical number with Snow White and Rob Lowe signing. My family took a trip DL not long after that incident. We saw Snow White in the park and someone yelled out "How were the Oscars, Snow?". She quickly walked away.
    It's been over 25 years, but my family and I still get big laugh out of that question!

• Berm Buster

Haha I imagine the problem is that most Disneyland guests don't frequent MiceChat so they don't know that this myth is not true and thus this trend will continue on as people continue to tell that to the characters. :l

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast