Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: March 16th-18th Trip!

Quote Originally Posted by jamesscarlette View Post
    Thanks for the info
    You are welcome, good luck camera hunting and if you do get into it you will probable find it hard to put down in the parks

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    nice trip report thanks
    thanks hoping to get part 3 up soon

Okay so here we go for our last and final day.

With the parks opening up at 9am that monday we got up around 7:30 and pack all of stuff and went to go check out from the hotel and leave our stuff with the front desk. We got on the ART around 8:20 and made it to the front gates just before 9:00am. We had seen the parks blog post the vinylmation easter egg hunt that would be starting this day and running for the week so we began our day at DCA! After a super long line to get into the park we went straight to Oswald's to get our map & stickers! Then we decided to grab some breakfast at Flo's. We both decided on the caramel banana brioche french toast. Now we have gotten this before back in July and it was just as good this time. If you aren't a fan of the sweet breakfast then avoid this as it is almost like a bread pudding like dessert.
    Name:  DSC02340.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  84.6 KB
    While eating breakfast we checked out our map to decide which direction we were going to take on our egg hunt!
    Name:  DSC02342.jpg
Size:  93.7 KB
    Since we were already in Cars Land we made our way to Radiator Springs Curios... There was Lightning
    Name:  DSC02344.jpg
Size:  115.9 KBName:  DSC02343.jpg
Size:  104.1 KB
    Next we went to Mater's Junkyard and who else would we find but Mater!
    Name:  DSC02346.jpg
Size:  122.6 KBName:  DSC02345.jpg
Size:  61.8 KB
    We now made our way to the Pacific Wharf and when we walked past RSR we noticed every pair of cars that came racing by were the same color... this happened like 10 times in a row which was weird!
    Name:  DSC02347.jpg
Size:  138.8 KB
    Now we looked all around the wharf for an egg and couldn't find it! This was the only one that gave us any trouble, so we went towards Goofy's Sky School. Can you spot the egg?
    Name:  DSC02348.jpg
Size:  85.3 KB
    It's Goofy of course!
    Name:  DSC02349.jpg
Size:  103.6 KBName:  DSC02350.jpg
Size:  82.2 KB
    From there we made our way to Silly Symphony Swings and found the next egg! Can you spot Donald?
    Name:  DSC02351.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  121.6 KB
    Now it was time to head back to the wharf and try to find the egg we passed up and then there she was... Daisy sitting in the bushes!
    Name:  DSC02364.jpg
Size:  135.8 KB
    We went over to the Tower of Terror to find the two eggs that were hidden there and who would be hidden in a pair but chip and dale!
    Name:  DSC02365.jpg
Size:  127.4 KBName:  DSC02366.jpg
Size:  164.3 KB
    Now on to Hollywood Land where Minnie was hidden up on a balcony!
    Name:  DSC02367.jpg
Size:  120.9 KB
    Our last egg was waiting at Award Wieners and it was Pluto!
    Name:  DSC02368.jpg
Size:  129.8 KB
    And with that we were complete!
    Name:  DSC02371.jpg
Size:  124.9 KB
    It was now time to head to Elias & Co to pick up our prize!
    Name:  photo.jpg
Size:  131.8 KB
    I ended up with the Donald pack and my girl friend got the tink pack! Overall we had fun doing the egg hunt but thought it was a bit too easy. We were expecting something like they do at Tokyo Disney where they have an easy and a hard version and give out an exclusive pin for the prize with the hard version. We saw tons of families having a lot of fun doing this so hopefully they bring it back next year even better After we finished the egg hunt we said goodbye to DCA for this trip and headed to Disneyland! Our first stop was Small World!
    Name:  DSC02378.jpg
Size:  87.3 KB
    It was now past noon and were ready for some lunch and so we went to the Jolly Holiday Bakery and I got the Hot Roast Beef Sandwich and my GF got the combo with the tomato soup and grilled cheese.
    Name:  DSC02407.jpg
Size:  114.7 KBName:  DSC02408.jpg
Size:  107.9 KB
    The Jolly Holiday is one of our favorite places to eat and it did not disappoint! We decided to head to the Matterhorn, which I love, but she doesn't love since the refurb made it too rough. We did the single rider line which is great as the wait is never over five mins! Now I can't tell if I like the pictures I got on it, I was trying to capture the movement of the ride, what do you guys think?
    Name:  DSC02375.jpg
Size:  91.6 KBName:  DSC02447.jpg
Size:  41.1 KBName:  DSC02449.jpg
Size:  60.0 KBName:  DSC02451.jpg
Size:  48.6 KBName:  DSC02465.jpg
Size:  78.0 KB
    So after a ride on the matterhorn it was around 2:00 in the afternoon and we wanted to make a trip to Downtown Disney. On the way out we stopped at the Main Street Cinema because my GF wanted to try and get some shots with her fish eye lens in there. While I was waiting for her to get her shot I captured this.
    Name:  DSC02409_10_11_fused.jpg
Size:  88.1 KB
    So now we headed to Downtown Disney to pick up a Build a Bear for my sister's BD becuase she loves the Disney Villians bear outfits they sell there. She has gotten Ursula and Maleficient on previous trips and since she couldn't come with us this trip we got her the Queen of Hearts for her BD. Personally I hate going into B-a-B because the lines are always super long and of course it took about an hour to make the bear. So it was now about 4:00 and so we decided to grab a corn dog back on main street and relax for our final few mins in the park for this trip. We had to make the 5:00 ART back to our hotel because the super shuttle was supposed to pick us up at 6:15 and we couldn't miss it. This was another example where the fact that the ART only came on our route only once an hour. We had to wait about an hour at the hotel and then the super shuttle picked us up and we made it with plenty of time to spare for our 8:00pm flight. We had a great trip and can't wait to go back in April for a short two trip and then again in May for the Gumball Rally, which we are super excited for!

• Selfie Expert

Really, you have some amazing photos on here!! I'm really impressed! Thanks for sharing, and thanks for inspiring my To Do List!

I also made sure to follow DCA today on Facebook. I sure have benefited a lot from your TR! Haha

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Great trip report...awesome photos.
    For the love of Disney....

• Evil is Sexy

The Matterhorn photos captured the crazy jolty-ness of the ride in it's current state. LOL.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• formerly very helpful

These are great. Jealous, jealous, jealous! Thanks for sharng.

Love all the pictures! Thanks so much for sharing. In the New Orleans Square set, there is a picture of the Evil Queen's mirror and supplies, like a jar of mummy dust. I have never seen this. Could someone please tell me where exactly it is? Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by DannyeF View Post
    Love all the pictures! Thanks so much for sharing. In the New Orleans Square set, there is a picture of the Evil Queen's mirror and supplies, like a jar of mummy dust. I have never seen this. Could someone please tell me where exactly it is? Thanks!!
    Thanks for the nice comment That photo was taken of a window display across from the Pirates exit between the carts where they do caricatures and the old entrance to Cafe Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by jsanch2 View Post
    Thanks for the nice comment That photo was taken of a window display across from the Pirates exit between the carts where they do caricatures and the old entrance to Cafe Orleans.
    Awesome, thank you!! I have GOT to slow down next time we are in DLR--we only go once a year, but I need to stop missing stuff! :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12