Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 81
  1. #16

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    359

    Re: KellyMcG86's Disneyland To-Do List

    I'd like to add to FreshBakedDisney's suggestion:


    Ride the Storybook Canals...............................at night. Simply beautiful and relaxing. It's an entirely different experience at night.

  2. #17

    • Selfie Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    6,614

    Re: KellyMcG86's Disneyland To-Do List

    Quote Originally Posted by disneyrand1 View Post
    I'd like to add to FreshBakedDisney's suggestion:


    Ride the Storybook Canals...............................at night. Simply beautiful and relaxing. It's an entirely different experience at night.
    Editing the list now! I'm loving these suggestions!

    Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

  3. #18

    • Selfie Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    6,614

    Re: KellyMcG86's Disneyland To-Do List

    Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    Don't forget the Tiki Room's 50th Anniversary. That's a once in a lifetime opportunity that cannot be missed!
    I want to go to that SO BAD! I LOVE the Tiki Room! I thought it was June 23rd, but it looks like they're going to have events the 28th and 29th? Bummer since I'm off the 23rd, but not the other dates. If they're doing anything special for it 6/23, I will make sure to be there!

    And thanks to you for even making me aware of this momentous occasion!

    Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

  4. #19

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    North Bay Area
    Posts
    504

    Re: KellyMcG86's Disneyland To-Do List

    It's so fun experiencing something new in a place so familiar. Like last year doing the gumball rally it gave me the challenge to some things I have never done or haven't done in a very long time. Good luck accomplishing your list! I definitely have to try to get in a Lilly Belle ride this year. I have never had the chance yet!

  5. #20

    • Merry 2014!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Under the stairs drinking hot grog
    Posts
    9,479

    Re: KellyMcG86's Disneyland To-Do List

    Casey Jr. is much more fun at night too. I like the last forward facing car because you can see everything and feel the wind on your face.

    Too bad you couldn't do the gum ball rally. That one day would cross a lot off your list. Maybe.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

  6. #21

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    1845 Sugarcube Ln., Ponyville, Equestria
    Posts
    564

    Re: KellyMcG86's Disneyland To-Do List

    Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I want to go to that SO BAD! I LOVE the Tiki Room! I thought it was June 23rd, but it looks like they're going to have events the 28th and 29th? Bummer since I'm off the 23rd, but not the other dates. If they're doing anything special for it 6/23, I will make sure to be there!

    And thanks to you for even making me aware of this momentous occasion!
    Bah, forget the events and celebrate the true birthday of the Tiki Room on the 23rd!

    It's like having a birthday on a Thursday but you celebrate on Saturday with everyone else. There's only one day when the Tiki Room turns 50, which is (Thankfully) on a weekend.



    Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

  7. #22

    • Selfie Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    6,614

    Re: KellyMcG86's Disneyland To-Do List

    Quote Originally Posted by jsanch2 View Post
    It's so fun experiencing something new in a place so familiar. Like last year doing the gumball rally it gave me the challenge to some things I have never done or haven't done in a very long time. Good luck accomplishing your list! I definitely have to try to get in a Lilly Belle ride this year. I have never had the chance yet!
    Totally agree. It puts a whole new perspective on the place, no matter how many times you've been. It's thanks to YOUR trip report that I decided to start this thread, by the way!

    And yes, you really should try to get o the Lilly Bell. It's really like sitting in Disneyland history, and soooo beautiful!

    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico! View Post
    Casey Jr. is much more fun at night too. I like the last forward facing car because you can see everything and feel the wind on your face.

    Too bad you couldn't do the gum ball rally. That one day would cross a lot off your list. Maybe.
    I really wish I could go to the gumball rally. It seems all of the events I want to attend at DL have been falling on my weekends at work. Booo!!! I will have to live vicariously through all of the participants!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    Bah, forget the events and celebrate the true birthday of the Tiki Room on the 23rd!

    It's like having a birthday on a Thursday but you celebrate on Saturday with everyone else. There's only one day when the Tiki Room turns 50, which is (Thankfully) on a weekend.
    I'm thinking of still going on that day. I just sooo hope they have a pin or something to commemorate it that day. Great analogy with the birthday - so true! I wonder why they don't celebrate it that weekend, though? There must be another event or something planned.

    Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

  8. #23

    • A Pirate's Life For Me...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona
    Posts
    358

    Re: KellyMcG86's Disneyland To-Do List

    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico! View Post
    Casey Jr. is much more fun at night too. I like the last forward facing car because you can see everything and feel the wind on your face.
    Ride the caboose at night during fireworks. Its AH-mazing!

    Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!



  9. #24

    • Selfie Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    6,614

    Re: KellyMcG86's Disneyland To-Do List

    Quote Originally Posted by XxBellaThornxX View Post
    Ride the caboose at night during fireworks. Its AH-mazing!
    I'm really going to have to get my timing right for that one!! I'll bet it's amazing. Any ride that you can watch the fireworks from has to be sooo magical!

    Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

  10. #25

    • A Pirate's Life For Me...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona
    Posts
    358

    Re: KellyMcG86's Disneyland To-Do List

    Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I'm really going to have to get my timing right for that one!! I'll bet it's amazing. Any ride that you can watch the fireworks from has to be sooo magical!
    Just the the CM know you would like the caboose and they will have you step aside for the next trip if it is already taken. Its a special feeling knowing you are only one of the few who get that view each night!

    Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!



  11. #26

    • Selfie Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    6,614

    Re: KellyMcG86's Disneyland To-Do List

    Quote Originally Posted by XxBellaThornxX View Post
    Just the the CM know you would like the caboose and they will have you step aside for the next trip if it is already taken. Its a special feeling knowing you are only one of the few who get that view each night!
    I'll give it a try. I love that feeling of knowing not everyone gets to know what an experience is like. It just makes it that much more magical!

    Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

  12. #27

    •   
    • Chicago Gal
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    54,528
    Blog Entries
    120

    Re: KellyMcG86's Disneyland To-Do List

    When World of Color isn't showing during certain times of the year, and the Ferris Wheel is operating during night time hours, it is fun to board the stationary cars just as Disneyland begins their fireworks. Then when your ride takes you to the top, you have a fantastic view of the fireworks show.

    I did this back in 2005. There was no World of Color, at that time of course.

    I also enjoyed the view from the top Of Tarzan Treehouse, the day I decided to take my camera and make the trek up to the top. I took pictures all the way up, and all the way down.

    Another thing that I found special, very recently, was riding Casey Jr. at night. I had never done that. It is a totally different experience than a daytime ride. The same is true for riding Dumbo at night. I love to do that. Fantasyland looks really nice lit up in the nightime.

  13. #28

    • Selfie Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    6,614

    Re: KellyMcG86's Disneyland To-Do List

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    When World of Color isn't showing during certain times of the year, and the Ferris Wheel is operating during night time hours, it is fun to board the stationary cars just as Disneyland begins their fireworks. Then when your ride takes you to the top, you have a fantastic view of the fireworks show.

    I did this back in 2005. There was no World of Color, at that time of course.

    I also enjoyed the view from the top Of Tarzan Treehouse, the day I decided to take my camera and make the trek up to the top. I took pictures all the way up, and all the way down.

    Another thing that I found special, very recently, was riding Casey Jr. at night. I had never done that. It is a totally different experience than a daytime ride. The same is true for riding Dumbo at night. I love to do that. Fantasyland looks really nice lit up in the nightime.
    Fireworks from the ferris wheel would be stunning!! I've been on the ferris wheel at night, and the view alone was so beautiful.

    We made the trek through Tarzan's treehouse just to enjoy the view. It made for some great photo ops! That's a great tip!

    I'm really going to have to make sure I do Casey Jr or the Storybook canal at night.

    Thanks, Barbaraann!

    Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

  14. #29

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    163

    Re: KellyMcG86's Disneyland To-Do List

    Haha! Nice list Kelly! My list is usually a list of different foods to eat at the park. I want to try the roast beef sandwhich at the Jolly Holiday Café on my next visit!

  15. #30

    • Selfie Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    6,614

    Re: KellyMcG86's Disneyland To-Do List

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandDragon View Post
    Haha! Nice list Kelly! My list is usually a list of different foods to eat at the park. I want to try the roast beef sandwhich at the Jolly Holiday Café on my next visit!
    I have a food list, too... haha

    The roast beef sandwich is yummy! I think I like the one at Fiddler, Fifer, and Practical Cafe (I hope I said the name right) a little better, but the one at Jolly Holiday is quite tasty in my opinion!

    Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Fun] Disneyland coin location list
    By DisneyFan28 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-25-2009, 07:38 AM
  2. Replies: 57
    Last Post: 03-04-2006, 04:11 PM
  3. The Disneyland Acronym List
    By monorail1 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-01-2006, 10:02 AM
  4. List of Disneyland Characters? Maybe pictures?
    By C-HOX in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-05-2005, 01:44 AM
  5. Disneyland pictorial update websites list
    By mp3piratesavvy in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-25-2005, 02:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •